Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Only 3 Physics Teachers In Kaduna! Effects Of Extremism? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only 3 Physics Teachers In Kaduna! Effects Of Extremism? (781 Views)

EXCLUSIVE: Tension In Aso Rock Only 3 Ministers Have Access To President Buhari / Fayose Presents Car Gifts To Teachers In Appreciation For Their Hard Works / Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only 3 Physics Teachers In Kaduna! Effects Of Extremism? by canuck(m): 4:34pm On Apr 16, 2010
Source: http://thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=171116

To underscore the problem, he (Prof. Ezzeldin Mukhtar Abdulrahman) said: “In Kaduna State currently, we have just three qualified Physics teachers in the whole state. When I mean qualified, that means they have a degree in Physics and also Post-graduate Diploma in Education.”

Abdulrahman said to solve the problem, the state government had set up a special science education scheme in the university under which students are given incentives, including a monthly allowance of N5,000 each, to study Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths and English.

=====

One large secondary school needs 2-3 physics teachers! Haba! 3 in a whole state?!
Could this be the effects of Boko Haram-like disturbances, causing Southerners to flee the North?
Re: Only 3 Physics Teachers In Kaduna! Effects Of Extremism? by naijaking1: 5:34pm On Apr 16, 2010
Despite the uneven and lopsided diversion of oil revenues to the north, many states still can't sustain themselves.
Re: Only 3 Physics Teachers In Kaduna! Effects Of Extremism? by BlackRevo: 6:49pm On Apr 16, 2010
naijaking1:

Despite the uneven and lopsided diversion of oil revenues to the north, many states still can't sustain themselves.

I think it goes beyond sustaining themselves, it might also be that they have a nonchalant altitude towards education unlike the southerners.
Re: Only 3 Physics Teachers In Kaduna! Effects Of Extremism? by Fhemmmy: 6:52pm On Apr 16, 2010
That is cos the wahala is too much and no one wanna go and die.
Most have run out and to other states.
Re: Only 3 Physics Teachers In Kaduna! Effects Of Extremism? by edoyad(m): 7:41pm On Apr 16, 2010
With the lousy pay at govt schools i doubt if any one intelligent enough to get a degree in physics would be attrated to working as a teacher in Kd.
Why don't they instead start from the basics and get those hundreds of thousands of children into nursery and primary schools first before talking about physics.
Re: Only 3 Physics Teachers In Kaduna! Effects Of Extremism? by Beaf: 7:49pm On Apr 16, 2010
I am curious as to the part of the state the qualified physics teachers come from. Northern or Southern Kaduna?
I can almost guess the answer, so next question. . . How many NNPC topshots are from Northern Kaduna?

There are certain things that are glaringly misplaced priorities.
Re: Only 3 Physics Teachers In Kaduna! Effects Of Extremism? by edoyad(m): 8:29pm On Apr 16, 2010
Beaf:

I am curious as to the part of the state the qualified physics teachers come from. Northern or Southern Kaduna?
I can almost guess the answer, so next question. . . How many NNPC topshots are from Northern Kaduna?

There are certain things that are glaringly misplaced priorities.

lipsrsealed grin grin
Re: Only 3 Physics Teachers In Kaduna! Effects Of Extremism? by Ibime(m): 9:17pm On Apr 16, 2010
You dont have to have a degree in Physics to be a Secondary-level Physics teacher. Any Engineering or Maths graduate can teach Physics at that level.

Whilst our education system is falling apart, I think the Prof is overstating the case a little.
Re: Only 3 Physics Teachers In Kaduna! Effects Of Extremism? by Fhemmmy: 9:21pm On Apr 16, 2010
Ibime:

You dont have to have a degree in Physics to be a Secondary-level Physics teacher. Any Engineering or Maths graduate can teach Physics at that level.

Whilst our education system is falling apart, I think the Prof is overstating the case a little.

I am sure they will give the job to a bum from abroad rather than giving to a Nigeria that can do the job, and yet they complain.
Who would wanna go and teach there where their is no security
Re: Only 3 Physics Teachers In Kaduna! Effects Of Extremism? by naijaking1: 12:38am On Apr 17, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I am sure they will give the job to a bum from abroad rather than giving to a Nigeria that can do the job, and yet they complain.
Who would wanna go and teach there where their is no security

You're right.
Just wait till a bature fom Egypt or Jordan shows up claiming to be a physics teacher. They will roll out the red carpet for him and then dismiss the eager and willing post-NYSC Nigerian from the south, because of obvious reasons.
One Nigeria---only when it's convinient angry
Re: Only 3 Physics Teachers In Kaduna! Effects Of Extremism? by becomricha: 3:37am On Apr 17, 2010
This Information by ThisDay newspaper is a lie and a propaganda by the newspaper.

Kaduna state has more than 3 physics teachers.  It is a lie.

Nearly 60% of scholarship in Nigeria goes to northerners.

When you look at the National assembly both the senate and House of assembly. The northerners are better qualified academically than the southern one.  Look at the national assembly website.

Thisday is running propaganda that would make southerner not to buy the newspapers. Nduka, do you want to becomepoor. Make una stop that. Or we lauch operation NO buy thisday. Old boy chill.
Re: Only 3 Physics Teachers In Kaduna! Effects Of Extremism? by EzeUche(m): 5:48am On Apr 17, 2010
And what purpose does the North serve? Darn these backwards people!
Re: Only 3 Physics Teachers In Kaduna! Effects Of Extremism? by hardywaltz(m): 7:16am On Apr 17, 2010
I personally don't believe the story, @ the secondary school level any Engineering graduate can teach Physis very well. But saying there are only 3 physis teachers in the whole of KD, na lie.

(1) (Reply)

Yar’adua: Jonathan On Surprise ‘thank You’ Visit To Saudi Arabia / Zoning And Federal Character Should Go - Joe Achuzia / As Ibb Speaks To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.