Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,576 members, 7,958,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:05 AM

Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) (15631 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / Honda Accord 99 Or Kia Rio 2006 / Purchasing A New Kia Rio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by ChiefD(m): 7:43pm On Apr 22, 2010
George_D:

it pains me when seemingly learned people choose to talk like this. we are talking about a safety risk that has sent many innocent drivers to their untimely death and here we are talking of 'conspiracy'?! well, i bet those unfortunate victims will be turning in their graves right now while we sit here trivialising what sent them away before their time! angry

Ignorance is bliss cheesy
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2010
chief d/onwan,

one of the greatest tragedies in life is to think you know too much as to become smug in ignorance.

better go sort out your double id issues before seun finds out and bans you! grin
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2010
jp philips:

it is obvious you are a true American, your Government is manipulative and one of their weapons is FEAR
The govt. shouts; here is Alqueda we are no longer safe, the average American that believes in the rule of law throws away the constitution and embrace PATRIOT ACT
The govt. shouts toyota has pedal issues; you are no longer safe and everybody goes coco,
that's why they don't joke with their Media
Americans love life so much that safety and security can never be considered even if it is hoax
The earlier you extricate yourself from the clutches of your manipulative Govt. the better for you.
Talking about people in their graves, u make me laugh, GM alone has killed more Americans than Honda,Nissan and Toyota put together,abi you wan add FORD join, dat one for don get private mortuary by now grin grin grin grin
just hold on let me show you from your Govt. database

philips, i really have no words for you. click the link and read then you can continue with your ficticious conspiracy drama.

http://consumerist.com/2009/10/toyota-911-call-of-familys-fatal-lexus-crash-due-to-gas-pedal-stuck-on-floormats.html
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by jpphilips(m): 12:02am On Apr 24, 2010
philips, i really have no words for you. click the link and read then you can continue with your ficticious conspiracy drama.

http://consumerist.com/2009/10/toyota-911-call-of-familys-fatal-lexus-crash-due-to-gas-pedal-stuck-on-floormats.html

Honestly speaking,i thought the law of extinction has caught up with your likes
you sincerely believe that if your gas pedal got stuck under a floor mat you crash? how did you get ur driver's licence? your reflex if you had one will easily take care of that a more realistic person would have thought that the govt has the resources to set up that site to make their deception more convincing,ask yourself; what will it take to put up this crap you are pasting?
continue beliving a Govt. dat wil one day tell u that you have three balls even when you ve had two all your life grin grin grin
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by jpphilips(m): 12:10am On Apr 24, 2010
lest i forget, the family had time for 911 calls but couldn't push it to the 'N' position or step on the clutch pedal.
@ george
you have been so brain washed that you find your common sense so unreliable,
you are 'finished'
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by ChiefD(m): 7:18am On Apr 24, 2010
jp philips:

lest i forget, the family had time for 911 calls but couldn't push it to the 'N' position or step on the clutch pedal.
@ george
you are 'finished'
@JP Phillips
Someone needs to have a brain before he or she can be brainwashed cheesy
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:09pm On Apr 24, 2010
chief d/onwan,

keep being smug on your high horse.

and while you're at it pls remember to stick to one user id so we know who we're
really talking to. grin
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:16pm On Apr 24, 2010
jp philips:

@ george
you are 'finished'

philips! philips!! philips!!!
how many times did i call you? never live your life as if your in a movie that you can rewind.

ascribing all you hear about this critical safety issue to conspiracy is to say the least very naive.
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by ChiefD(m): 9:04pm On Apr 24, 2010
@George_D
You're alright. Safety is very key and thats what this thread is about. But its very key for you to also know that in the business world - Its mostly never about the morals, its sabotage, its greed, its conspiracy, its about the money (remember I said mostly). Thats why with everything BBC is doing, with all the Cancer cases, the tobacco companies are still making and selling to youngsters, even when it was aired openely that the retailers link the supplies and sales directly to the manufacturers.

Some of us actually know what we are saying, we didnt just pick it from no where; same reason why the BBC guy was not allowed into the Nigerian Tobacco company office (It was live on air in the documentary) - there are laws BUT money, greed, sabotage, conspiracy always play their role.

Look at the generator importation and manufacturing industry for instance - its no doubt a multi-billion dollar industry - on the other hand look at our NEPA/PHCN, our Power industry - Greed, conspiracy, money, sabotage, thats why you know that had better be a generator in every apartment (or mostly these days 2 or more per house).

Like I said, you're ok - Just that you need to know. Its greed, its conspiracy, its sabotage, its money and worse, its political and its competition
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2010
chief_d,

my guy!

looks like i'm beginning to believe this conspiracy theory myself. i was pleasantly surprised to see that these recalls are going on globally and not in the usa alone:

toyota canada recalls:

http://www.driving.ca/microsites/toyota-recall/Toyota+Canada+statement+Prius+Camry+recall/2541123/story.html

toyota uk recalls:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/Toyota-iQ/247193/

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/recall-fix-toyota-confirms-plan

toyota brazil recalls:
http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100424-701088.html?mod=WSJ_latestheadlines

toyota japan recalls:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/toyota-recalls-470000-vehicles-in-japan.html

omg! this toyota must be so powerful that the usa is 'conspiring' with whole world to be against them-even their home country! shocked

ah! i just hope my newly arrived toyota suv is not a 'conspiracy' car itself! grin
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by mikezluv: 5:18pm On Apr 26, 2010
There is no safety from the government here in Nigeria and that is the first thing American government will provide for his of her citizen.
Abeg oooooo our government we need you to protect out lives ooooo
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:24pm On Apr 26, 2010
chief_d

i earlier replied you but seems the mode was not happy with some links i included.

you know what? i'm beginning to believe this conspiracy theory of yours. i was pleasantly
surprised to learn recently that toyota canada, toyota uk and even brazil are all recalling.
looks more like a global thing which is what i thought it was in the first place until peeps here
started giving it an america only slant.

but if i can hazard a guess, even this global recal thing can still be explained with america to blame.
i guess toyota is so powerful that the usa government is colluding with all these other countries to
punish them-even in their own home country japan!

now, i'm beginning to wonder too if my newly arrived totyota suv is not a 'conspiracy' car itself!  grin
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by Onwan: 7:57pm On Apr 26, 2010
@George_D
A lot of economies are very desperate (majorly the US) and IF you watch or see the online advert for Chevy Malibu, you will see clearly that they were condeming the 2010 Toyota Camry (even with the picture and everything) - So disgusting, these tells me how desperate and low that country and its economy is, it also shows how far they can go in every aspect.

Toyota is a giant and one of the best everyday/utility vehicle manufacturers - A garage is basically not complete without one.

I didnt know my user ID had been resolved for a while now until I checked today. I stopped using Chief_D over a year ago because one "Pastor" something kept blasting me with emails about his "money making scheme"
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:02pm On Apr 27, 2010
onwan,

good to see you back to your jovial old self. maybe the user id change did the trick? anyways,

while i'm not ruling out high level competition among industry leaders, to ascribe a safety issue
such as this to a fantom conspiracy is what i disagree with.

if we are to go by this line of thinking, then toyota japan should not be recalling too.
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by Onwan: 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2010
@George_D
I guess we see things differently on the Toyota issue.

But overall, safety is very key and the best is for intending buyers and current users of automobiles to learn more about what they drive and what they intend buying.
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by yodiyokun(f): 6:04pm On Apr 27, 2010
Seriously,
Guys when it comes to the Toyota recall in North America, you dont have all the information.
For one, most of the japanese cars have their largest plants in Canada and Mexico.
So there is no conspiracy theory because Canadians also had problems with the Toyotas recalled.
Infact, the defect part is manufactured by a company at my backyard here in Mississauga, ON.
I know US is over dramatizing, but that was because the Toyota's CEO took it lightly at first.
Tha been said its GM thats suffering and not Ford. Ford's line up anyday is better value than Toyota.

Toyota and Honda na hype, in the last 3-4 years, their quality has deteriorated and they have just been coasting.

Even on fuel efficiency almost all the Ford and Chevy equivalent models are better on fuel consumption. Toyota and Honda cant compete on standards features either, these days their adverts is about reliability. But past performance is not an indicator of future performance.

As per North American adverts, thats the way the structure them. It is legally to call your competitors bluff and compare your brands on national tv.

Finally, if you are looking for the best value for a small size sedan look no further than a Mazda 3, but for an entry level SUV a ford escape anyday, its the best selling compact SUV in Canada.
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by yodiyokun(f): 6:07pm On Apr 27, 2010
One other thing, its very annoying that new cars in Nigeria do not come standard with airbags.

So how do folks that import new cars service them if the dealers wont touch it? I cant imagine taking a new car to under the bridge for service?

All the new cars are computerized these cars, you cant just be poking anything anywhere!
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2010
yodiyokun,

i hear you-although i'm not sold on ford being the better suv than a toyota.
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by Onwan: 7:44pm On Apr 27, 2010
@Yodiyokun
You have your views on the Toyota "Problems" BUT the thought of comparing a Ford SUV to a Toyota SUV makes me wonder where exactly to start - There is simply no comparism Toyota is way better designed, re-inforced, engine lasts longer . . . It really has to be your view.
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by stede(m): 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2010
disaster
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:26am On Apr 28, 2010
back to the topic, i think the koreans are merely taking us for a ride. angry
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by Onwan: 12:36pm On Apr 28, 2010
George_D:

back to the topic, i think the koreans are merely taking us for a ride. angry
George dont make a biggie out of this. Its not a Korean thing; Indie22 already cleared the air that its specifically the Rio ordered by Dana that dont come with those airbags.

You might be interested in these though: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-437708.0.html#msg5962456
Re: Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2010
na wao! so dana is deliberately ripping off nigerians?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Byton Unveils 323mile 5g-enabled Electric SUV With 50 Inch Dashboard Touchscreen / What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car? / Who Taught You How To Drive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.