Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,868 members, 7,855,557 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 04:03 AM

Choice Of My Deputy Will Prevent Ekiti From Returning To Slavery – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Choice Of My Deputy Will Prevent Ekiti From Returning To Slavery – Fayose (352 Views)

Customs Closes Gate To Stop Oyo Govt From Returning 1,800 Bags Of Rice (pics) / Salary: My Deputy Deliberately Embarrassing Me – Yahaya Bello / My Deputy Will Oversee The Work Ministry – Dapo Abiodun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Choice Of My Deputy Will Prevent Ekiti From Returning To Slavery – Fayose by Highdee16(m): 6:45pm On Jan 29, 2018
Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State has said that the choice of his deputy as sole candidate of People’s Democratic Party, PDP, in the 2018 poll remains sacrosanct.

The Governor said the decision was to prevent the state from returning to economic slavery.

Fayose described the stiff opposition to his action by some party stalwarts as misplaced, urging them to seek alternative platforms to realize their political ambitions.

Former Minister of Works, Prince Dayo Adeyeye, Senator Biodun Olujimi, Ambassador Dare Bejide and a host of others are not pleased with choice of Professor Kolapo Olusola as Fayose’s successor.

Adeyeye, who hails from Ise Ekiti in Ekiti South Senatorial District, formally declared for the plum seat in Ado Ekiti last week Wednesday.

The former Minister, as well as the Senator representing Ekiti South in the Senate, Mrs Biodun Olujimi, former Nigeria’s envoy to Canada, Amb Dare Bejide and immediate past Commissioner for Justice and known Fayose’s protégé, Barrister Owoseeni Ajayi, had jointly condemned the adoption of Olusola as the PDP sole candidate.

They described the action taken by a section of the party as too pedestrian and antithetical to democratic norms.

Fayose, who spoke at the rally held at Okesa area of Ado Ekiti, said he was not in any way rattled by the negative utterances being hurled against him by anti-Olusola aspirants.

He said: “The PDP has taken a position; I say we have taken a position and we have no apologies for that and the position is that Olusola should take over after me as the governor of Ekiti.

“It doesn’t matter to us how many people that are abusing us by action. They are even free to join our adversaries, but we will defeat them as the God liveth.

http://ekitidefender.com/2018-choice-deputy-will-prevent-ekiti-returning-slavery-fayose/

Lalasticlala Dominique Ishilove Mynd44

Re: Choice Of My Deputy Will Prevent Ekiti From Returning To Slavery – Fayose by seunmsg(m): 7:09pm On Jan 29, 2018
As at today, the governor is owing civil servants between 4 and 6 months salaries, local government workers are owed 8 months salaries. Ekiti state university ASUU chapter is on strike over none payment of full salaries for several months. So, is Ekiti not in economic slavery already?

1 Like

Re: Choice Of My Deputy Will Prevent Ekiti From Returning To Slavery – Fayose by Beremx(f): 7:14pm On Jan 29, 2018
Sole candidate when there are heavyweight politicians in his party? Fayose is not serious!

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Prayer For This Boat? / Frying Pan Story, Cheap Propaganda ... Senator Ohuabunwa / PDP Alleges Irregularities In Katsina, Kano Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.