Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,563 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Please Help With My Slow Computer - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Help With My Slow Computer (1062 Views)

Increasing The Speed Of Your Slow Computer Internet Wifi / Frustrated About Your Slow Computer? / How To Fix That Slow Computer Or PC Without Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help With My Slow Computer by tuscani: 12:32pm On Jan 30, 2018
Hello experts in the house, please I recently purchase a laptop just about 6weeks. It was really working nice, till about 3weeks ago when it became really slow, I sincerely do not know how to rectify this. This slowness is just the only problem.please what do I do about this.
Make : Asus, 500gig, quad core, 2.3gigahertz please help me because I am using this laptop for studies. Thanks
Re: Please Help With My Slow Computer by greatnaija01: 1:11pm On Jan 30, 2018
remove all BACKGROUND processes that you do not need from the "startup" and if you do not know how to do that simply google "HOW TO REMOVE BACKGROUND PROCESSES FROM WINDOWS..."

orrr

Clear your PREFETCH folder in your C drive
then go to your registery and increase the speed of WINDOWS MENU response time. from 400s delay to ZERO.

finally IF these do not work... type it in google and you will get better help.... if no help works change your LAPTOP.

tuscani:
Hello experts in the house, please I recently purchase a laptop just about 6weeks. It was really working nice, till about 3weeks ago when it became really slow, I sincerely do not know how to rectify this. This slowness is just the only problem.please what do I do about this.
Make : Asus, 500gig, quad core, 2.3gigahertz please help me because I am using this laptop for studies. Thanks
Re: Please Help With My Slow Computer by powerkey: 1:14pm On Jan 30, 2018
good
Re: Please Help With My Slow Computer by tuscani: 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2018
greatnaija01:
remove all BACKGROUND processes that you do not need from the "startup" and if you do not know how to do that simply google "HOW TO REMOVE BACKGROUND PROCESSES FROM WINDOWS..."

orrr

Clear your PREFETCH folder in your C drive
then go to your registery and increase the speed of WINDOWS MENU response time. from 400s delay to ZERO.

finally IF these do not work... type it in google and you will get better help.... if no help works change your LAPTOP.

Thank you very much. I have tried to disable the non microsoft services, but at the last stage when i clicked okay, the laptop did not respond. I tried th clear the PREFETCH folder, but I seareched , I do not know what prefetched holders are, lastly, please I also searched for increase window response time, i ccould not find it in the computer. Please can help me wth how to go about the issues I have raised please.
Re: Please Help With My Slow Computer by bright1985: 5:11pm On Jan 30, 2018
change ur HDD
Re: Please Help With My Slow Computer by tippyboy(m): 2:06am On Feb 01, 2018
The problem is probably with your hard disk.
To fix it defrag your hard disk and check for error.

To check fir error, right-click your hard disk which you wish to check and select Properties. Next, click on Tools tab and under Error-checking, click on the Check button. This option will check the drive for file system errors. If the system detects that there are errors, you will be asked to check the disk.

If that doesn't solve your problem then let me know

(1) (Reply)

Internet Wahala / How To Login Onto A Computer Without Knowing The Password / Laptop Sellers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.