Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Increasing The Speed Of Your Slow Computer Internet Wifi - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Increasing The Speed Of Your Slow Computer Internet Wifi (295 Views)

Frustrated About Your Slow Computer? / How To Fix That Slow Computer Or PC Without Software / Please Help With My Slow Computer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Increasing The Speed Of Your Slow Computer Internet Wifi by branhampaul: 9:22am On May 19, 2022
Increasing The Speed Of Your Slow Computer Internet Wifi

If when you connect your computer to your wifi, your computer is slow; but if connected to other devices, those devices are fast, then your computer is the likely problem - the network driver is the likely culprit.

These steps below will help your computer internet wifi speed (especially if an old Dell computer - E6400, E6500, et cetera) to increase drastically.

When I formatted & I reinstalled my windows, connecting to WIFI and intending to browse the internet was extremely slow. Even connecting to Xender via hotspot to transfer files - the download of the files from the phone (no internet) were slow. Upon searching on the internet and from a combination of tips, the below steps did work. My computer was back to being fast. I have windows 10 installed on my computer, and this worked on windows 10. It should work irrespective of windows version, though.

You may also try out the below steps if you just want to increase your wifi internet speed (even if you are comfortable with the present speed) it may be valuable in boosting speed.

The steps to increase your computer's internet speed are:

I. Find and download (it will be easy to see for download) from the internet this exact file: Network_Driver_WD35F_WN_5.100.235.12_A37.exe;

II. Double click the downloaded file as if to install;

III. Instead of installing, click "extract" and pick a location for the extracted files to go (I recommend you create a folder);

IV. Open your computer "Device Manager"; under “Network Adapters”, right-click your main internet WIFI driver listed there. In my case, there were many device drivers listed, but I got to know that my main device driver is "Dell Wireless 1510 Wireless-N WLAN Mini-Card";

V. Now click "Update Driver";

VI. Select "Browse my computer for driver software";

VII. Select "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer";

VIII. Click on the "Have Disk..." button; on the Install from disk window that appears, click the "browse..." button to find;

IX. Find the folder you stored the extracted files in step III above;

X. After opening the folder, follow this path - Drivers\Win7\WL, and double click the only file there in WL subfolder;

XI. Further click next, and Ok, until you are prompted that it is successfully installed - once the driver update process is complete, you should see a Window of its success;

XII. Restart. The steps are completed;

XIII. Test your WiFi internet speed.

(1) (Reply)

Don't Sleep On It Corei5 8gb RAM For 105k / Can This System Play PES 2018 Upwards? / Portable Asus Dou Core 250gb HDD 4gb Ram For 60k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.