Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,164 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances (26717 Views)

Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: Buhari Lacks Power To Restrict Movement In Lagos, Abuja / Seyi Makinde Visits Obasanjo, Says AGF Lacks Power To Declare Amotekun Illegal / INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by judecares1(m): 1:36pm On Jan 30, 2018
The Federal High Court, Ado Ekiti has ruled that EFCC lacked power to investigate finances of a State. The court said, in federalism, the FG is not an overseer or supervisor regarding finances of a State. That only the State House of Assembly can investigate finances of a State.

Consequently, the EFCC has been restrained from interfering in the running of Ekiti State by either investigating or arresting any official of the State Govt.

We will continue to fight for the sustenance of our hard earned democracy, using legal means.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/breaking-fayose-defeats-efcc-court-says-efcc-lacks-power-probe-state-finances/

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by free2ryhme: 1:42pm On Jan 30, 2018
judecares1:
The Federal High Court, Ado Ekiti has ruled that EFCC lacked power to investigate finances of a State. The court said, in federalism, the FG is not an overseer or supervisor regarding finances of a State. That only the State House of Assembly can investigate finances of a State. Consequently, the EFCC has been restrained from interfering in the running of Ekiti State by either investigating or arresting any official of the State Govt. We will continue to fight for the sustenance of our hard earned democracy, using legal means.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/breaking-fayose-defeats-efcc-court-says-efcc-lacks-power-probe-state-finances/

e don happen

fayose slay EFCC grin grin

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by Crocky23: 1:45pm On Jan 30, 2018
Fayose is Peter the Rock

151 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by yarimo(m): 1:48pm On Jan 30, 2018
No problem with the judgment as long as , EFCC will have power to investigate and detained FAYOSE After his tenure as governor in 2018.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by crestedaguiyi: 1:53pm On Jan 30, 2018
nice and decent

8 Likes

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by Tomoyayi(m): 1:53pm On Jan 30, 2018
How can you probe a state undecided
Na wa o

I tire 4 9ja

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by buhariguy(m): 1:57pm On Jan 30, 2018
Nobody is probing state.
Efcc is only tracing the bailout fund and the Paris fund.
The judge is stupid more than fayose.
They are idiotic pigs of Biafra.

20 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by kitaatita: 2:09pm On Jan 30, 2018
Crocky23:
Fayose is Peter the Rock

I agree with this judgement but I don't like it. This is a landmark judgment that just gave governors blanket cheque to steal their states dry. It is not about Fayose anymore

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by DLuciano: 2:15pm On Jan 30, 2018
kitaatita:

I agree with this judgement but I don't like it. This is a landmark judgment that just gave governors blanket cheque to steal their states dry. It is not about Fayose anymore
your assertion is very wrong, so all the stealing going on in the federal govt where is EFFC? we all know EFFC is a tool by the presidency to witch-hunt their perceived enemies.

135 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by clevvermind(m): 2:23pm On Jan 30, 2018
Fayose is just giving Buhari heavy punch left, right and centre.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by clevvermind(m): 2:26pm On Jan 30, 2018
buhariguy:
Nobody is probing state.
Efcc is only tracing the bailout fund and the Paris fund.
The judge is stupid more than fayose.
They are idiotic pigs of Biafra.
What do Biafra or IPOB gat to do with this?

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:33pm On Jan 30, 2018
congratulations! People keep making fun of Fayose

But he seems to know what he is doing

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by BlackMbakara1(m): 2:41pm On Jan 30, 2018
Since EFCC as an institution can't probe state finances, then each state should start having their own supreme court... grin

Each state should have their own Army, Police, Navy, Customs, Immigration etc

Mumu judge wey take expired Fanta...which rubber stamp House of Assembly is he talking about and since when the legislators started investigating?

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 30, 2018
Amazing decision..what does Vice President have to say grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by AngelicBeing: 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2018
Keneking:
Amazing decision..what does Vice President have to say grin grin grin
l am Osibanjo, I agree with the court decision, I have told Buhari to resign but he is stubborn, I am in alliance with other political parties to vote me and Buhari out of power because we have nothing to offer, Apc is a useless party filled with thieves grin

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by buhariguy(m): 3:07pm On Jan 30, 2018
clevvermind:
What do Biafra or IPOB gat to do with this?
because fayose is idiotic pig of Biafra

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by seunmsg(m): 3:10pm On Jan 30, 2018
This is a judgement with lots of implication. Until this case is finally decided by the supreme court, then it is not yet decided. This is just a temporary victory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by judecares1(m): 3:22pm On Jan 30, 2018
rock greater than the main rock

Crocky23:
Fayose is Peter the Rock

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by judecares1(m): 3:24pm On Jan 30, 2018
sign of clueless govt

Tomoyayi:
How can you probe a state undecided
Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by Paradigme777: 3:27pm On Jan 30, 2018
grin grin
Laughing in swahili

1 Like

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 30, 2018
Some people right now...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by pol23: 3:27pm On Jan 30, 2018
Oshoko the fearless...
Many at times I wish FG can investigate states in how she runs her affairs..But unfortunately the law don't permit such.
But the long neck Vulture in Abuja is an illiterate and doesn't know where his intoxicating power reach...
And If there're state that will be investigated by FG.
Imo should top the list..(someone wasting public funds on something extremely stupid)
Bornu also (ever since Bokoharam the state has been on partial emergency state and no construction whatsoever is going on there,It will be good to know what the state government is doing with their fund)

11 Likes

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by hucienda: 3:27pm On Jan 30, 2018
Oshokomole! One-man army cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by Firefire(m): 3:28pm On Jan 30, 2018
Buhary the failure!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by timilehin007(m): 3:28pm On Jan 30, 2018
Ks
Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by Laqrinafrica(m): 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2018
Zendinho:
Actually my phone can't view the picture but i think the girl has no right to beat up her boyfriend in public. Maybe they should report the matter to their village elders. But if the neighbour refused to pay the rent, they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car. I'm out

lol you crazy

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by madridguy(m): 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2018
grin grin grin

yarimo:
No problem with the judgment as long as , EFCC will have power to investigate and detained FAYOSE After his tenure as governor in 2018.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by ShitHead(m): 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2018
The way it's going, EFCC will one day defeat itself in court.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by kinzmen: 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2018
the lion of afonjas.... ;Dthe lion of afonjas....

6 Likes

Re: Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances by timilehin007(m): 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2018
Fayose on this one

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Governor In The South East Since 1999 ? / Imo Supreme Court Review: Arguments By Ihedioha And Uzodinma's Lawyers In Court / Boko Haram: Jonthan Has Visited Bornu Before Now, Why All The Lies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.