Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition (56227 Views)

Muslim Women Protest Against Orò Tradition That Forbids Women From Stepping Out / Pictures Of Emir Palaces In The North, Where Tradition And Modernity Blend Well / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by Omuneizzy6(m): 7:22am On Feb 01, 2018
tslimpez:
Proudly ijaw smiley
Ebi, You see say u wan show your self abeg tell me how ur burial is been done... I hear say if person die for ur village the family go spray the corpse money till him go laff or stand up dance then come die again before them go bury am in the eight day..... Oh cuture and tradition eh una no go kill me oo
Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by shekauvsbuhari: 9:13am On Feb 01, 2018
Dimples129:
What a tradition grin

I'd fail in this case, you need a strong face! I play too much angry
good. I play too much myself. Like people that play a lot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by AdaFonju: 7:05pm On Feb 01, 2018
georgeceekay:
Instead of bloggers to use this one, they just wanted to pool traffic. Poo country.

My own is that the husband should quit abusing our Igbo traditional isi agu attire. He is not Igbo.
Lol, he might just be, you know traditional wedding is held in the girl's place & the lion head is Just a china made material it isn't indegenous

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition by RuggedSniper: 5:34pm On Oct 28, 2020
Priscy01:
Yesterday, there were reports about a visibly “unhappy” bride who wasn’t smiling on the day of her traditional wedding.

The bride identified as Duchess Alexis, has reacted to the reports , and said whatever went down at her wedding is simply tradition.

She noted that in her tradition, which is “Ijaw”, the bride is meant to “Frown” after been ushered in by her friends and sisters, and then the groom and his friends/family are expected to spray her until she laughs.

Here’s what she wrote;

https://torimill.com/2018/01/beautiful-nigerian-bride-who-was-frowning-at-her-wedding-says-its-tradition.html

grin

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks / Learn How To Speak Hausa Language In Two Days (TUTORIALS) / Lists Of 371 Tribes In Nigeria, Which One Is Yours?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.