Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley (170003 Views)

Olu Of Warri Gifts Himself Rolls Royce, 2021 Bentley Ahead Of His Coronation / Inside Olu Okeowo's ₦2b Garage That Includes Rolls-Royces,Bentleys & M-benz / Rolls Royce Reveals 3 Bespoke Phantoms (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by Akolawole(m): 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Ezego of Afonjaland. How did he become a billionaire?

Hmmm!

There is one thing you will NEVER NEVER hear from Afonja people is Buhari is after Yorubas.

If Okeowo is guilty, he should face the music.
Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by Emanade1(m): 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2018
Adadioranma79:
God bless you
Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by agarawu23(m): 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2018
megamank:
Just imagine.......what is his business.....where has he worked? Even CEO in some big companies overseas wouldn't acquire these unused luxury..... Nigerian are just too greedy
over greedy set of people

1 Like

Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 31, 2018
miarhpe:
I try to imagine how you would have two billion naira lying in your garage as toys while youths in your street are unemployed? and you sleep comfortably without thinking how can I *create more opportunities for people to be employed?*.

It was a delight seeing the cobbler smile that he got N30 for cleaning my shoe at Oshodi on my way to work, while my polish at home looked robust, waiting only for emergency. It may not make personal financial sense (@unnecessary expensis), but it makes economic sense and puts food on another man's table.

my 2kobo
GOD BLESS YOU SIR

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by dangotesmummy: 6:24pm On Jan 31, 2018
Papanwamaikpe:
It's all vanity
yeah right.self consolation.wait till you enter it then you will know some vanities are worth it.moreover rich or poor,we'll all die someday so the short while we have in this world which,maximum 80 years,why not enjoy it .what's the essence of living in penury,jumping from one okada to the other,live a life of struggle and still die anyway.So before you console yourself with the vanity line just try and enter some billionaires mansions,island and travel outside your country to see the life of the wealthy,you will think twice before you say vanity.

Just watch E! Or Forbes magazine,you will hate THE average Nigerian life with perfect hatred

5 Likes

Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by agarawu23(m): 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2018
Bimpe29:
And some of his close family member might be languishing in poverty.
no lies. That's the way of Yoruba people. only few help their families. If I say help, it's not just giving them fish, after they keep coming to you all the time for help and make u feel like God. teach them how to fish, set up business for them and feed them forever. That's why I like igbo's so much in that aspect, they will help their families to the top including their neighbors.

1 Like

Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by Akolawole(m): 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2018
miarhpe:
I try to imagine how you would have two billion naira lying in your garage as toys while youths in your street are unemployed? and you sleep comfortably without thinking how can I *create more opportunities for people to be employed?*.

It was a delight seeing the cobbler smile that he got N30 for cleaning my shoe at Oshodi on my way to work, while my polish at home looked robust, waiting only for emergency. It may not make personal financial sense (@unnecessary expensis), but it makes economic sense and puts food on another man's table.

my 2kobo
Not everyone think like that.
Comfort is good but it's good to thread softly...
Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by dangotesmummy: 6:28pm On Jan 31, 2018
cashlurd:
I wouldn't want to see people come here to lament on how the man could have used the money to feed the less privileged. Even if Bill Gates and the first five richest men on the Forbes list channel their whole bank account to cater for the less privileged, there would still be a lot of poverty, crime, joblessness, illiteracy and other social vices.

Make your money, live as you please, help those you feel for, don't listen to the "vanity upon vanity" wailers cos if everything is actually "vanity upon vanity", they wouldn't have opted to work in other to earn a decent living or survive.

abi o..My sentiments exactly
Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 31, 2018
Super cars
Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by miarhpe: 6:34pm On Jan 31, 2018
Viicfuntop:

Oh pls. He had made his money. He doesn’t actually owe anybody anything

A very valid statement I must confess, but let's change the optics and view this from the perspective of the economic and social ramifications. 2billion naira investment would probably employ conservatively 150 people. That is family taken care of, mouths fed and a youth or youths kept our of vices like robbery, prostitution or kidnapping. He has bought himself some level of security by dropping the crime rate in his little way. Not to think of the students that may never see the floor walls of the university of their parents weren't employed.

I say this not to win an argument but to appeal to you to consider creating jobs if you had the option of stocking your garage with 2billion naira worth toys in future.

1 Like

Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by MorataFC: 6:34pm On Jan 31, 2018
miarhpe:

my 2kobo
God will bless you for this wonderful piece.. .

2 Likes

Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by Adefemiaderoju1: 6:34pm On Jan 31, 2018
Is this not too much for one person chai e
Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by miarhpe: 6:35pm On Jan 31, 2018
DeadRat:
GOD BLESS YOU SIR
God remembers you and your prayers pal

1 Like

Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by LordAdam16: 6:35pm On Jan 31, 2018
miarhpe:

my 2kobo

Good for you.

But not everyone is a capitalist. And not everyone who happens upon wealth can actually create tons of jobs.

The man is a real estate magnate. And it's no secret that real estate magnates are heavy spenders. Several of the bulls buying million-dollar single-digit plate numbers in the UAE to dorn their rolls are real estate magnates.

One reason why they spend so much is because they don't create the resource. It's land. They got opportunity. The resource is very valuable. So they make a ton of money from it. They're right there with the mining dons, hedge fund tycoons, middle eastern shiekhs, russian oligarchs, and colombian drug lords. In their little microcosm, jobs don't create wealth, resource does.

They're not like the Musks, Ortegas, Helus, Gates, Bezoses that employ hundreds of thousands of people to run their company; and don't actually have a lot of liquid cash lying around.

That said, respect everyone's hustle.

-Lord

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by MorataFC: 6:36pm On Jan 31, 2018
ZirdoRoray:
See Money! Anybody with solutions to my problem? The money wey dey my mind fit buy all these moto o.. chai!
grin grin grin

Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by lastempero: 6:37pm On Jan 31, 2018
miarhpe:

my 2kobo

There will always be the poor amongst us,the bible even layed emphasis on that.

1 Like

Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by miarhpe: 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2018
LordAdam16:

Good for you.

But not everyone is a capitalist. And not everyone who happens upon wealth can actually create tons of jobs.

The man is a real estate magnate. And it's no secret that real estate magnates are heavy spenders. Several of the bulls buying million-dollar single-digit plate numbers in the UAE to dorn their rolls are real estate magnates.

One reason why they spend so much is because they don't create the resource. It's land. They got opportunity. The resource is very valuable. So they make a ton of money from it. They're right there with the mining dons, hedge fund tycoons, middle eastern shiekhs, russian oligarchs, and colombian drug lords. In their little microcosm, jobs don't create wealth, resource does.

They're not like the Musks, Ortegas, Helus, Gates, Bezoses that employ hundreds of thousands of people to run their company; and don't actually have a lot of liquid cash lying around.

That said, respect everyone's hustle.

-Lord

Your argument is valid. But let's shift the mirror a little. which do you consider far reaching? investing in real estate or investing in people?

It is one thing to have money, but the people who have people committed to them are the ones that are truly rich.

Because after all said and done, the world would always remain about people.

2 Likes

Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2018
ZirdoRoray:
See Money! Anybody with solutions to my problem? The money wey dey my mind fit buy all these moto o.. chai!
e easy na
do mindtronic transfer

1 Like

Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by LordAdam16: 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2018
miarhpe:

A very valid statement I must confess, but let's change the optics and view this from the perspective of the economic and social ramifications. 2billion naira investment would probably employ conservatively 150 people. That is family taken care of, mouths fed and a youth or youths kept our of vices like robbery, prostitution or kidnapping. He has bought himself some level of security by dropping the crime rate in his little way. Not to think of the students that may never see the floor walls of the university of their parents weren't employed.

I say this not to win an argument but to appeal to you to consider creating jobs if you had the option of stocking your garage with 2billion naira worth toys in future.

That business could very well fail. 90% of businesses fail in the first 5 years.

And with inflation at double digits, he's losing money even if he leaves the money in the bank.

Those odds are not encouraging.

And by the way. Very wealthy people don't usually use their money to open new businesses. They'd rather use part of their money (whether in cash or in assets) to underwrite a loan, and then hide behind the corporate LTD law so that should the company go under, the bank can't seize their money or the assets they used to underwrite the loan.

And don't be pissed yet. The banks use your money and my money saved with them to loan the magnates.

The awful part however is that the banks are allowed to loan more than 10x the money they have as deposit. So if they only have N1b in deposits, they can loan N10b to businessmen. And should the businessmen fail to pay (aka bad loan), the government buys it (AMCON) using yours and my money. And if the sector makes too many bad loans, the government use our taxes (that the magnates avoid paying by the way) to bail the banks out. Case in point, the 2009/2010 crisis, the government gave out $5b to the banks, it hasn't been paid back (prolly never will).

With this knowledge, you can see, Olu is being smart by buying expensive cars rather than sinking his N2b into a venture that has 10% probability of success. And should he notice an opportunity and starts a business, he'd use those expensive cars as collateral that the banks would not be able to retrieve if things go south. That's what's called living the life.

The bottom line is, there's a point you get to; the system is rigged to ALWAYS favor you. And why wouldn't it, when your donations determines who take political posts that actually make the laws.

-Lord

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by highchief1: 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2018
Papanwamaikpe:
It's all vanity
poverty go kill u
Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by mkoabiola: 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2018
Olu okeowo[code][/code] is a billionaire, with a palatial .mansion

A real estate magnate and very social.

U will see him most parties organized by his billionaire friends

Money good
Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by mccoy47(m): 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2018
My God!
Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by miarhpe: 6:52pm On Jan 31, 2018
lastempero:

There will always be the poor amongst us,the bible even layed emphasis on that.

So true. But this opinion isn't to play a Judas Iscariot, but to show far reaching ramifications to alternative choices. We cry economy this, economy that, this is a simple solution.

My preference would always go for investment choices that makes us all wealthy as against only me being wealthy.
Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by cassidy1996(m): 6:55pm On Jan 31, 2018
Pebcak:

I still dont understand the sense behind the high duty fee nigerians pay for cars 75% of the car's value, this is crazy coming from a country that can't boast of multiple car production or asembly plants. IMO before they can charge anything more than 20% the government should give toyota,nissan,honda,...... chance to bring their plant to 9ja entice them with low tax, in turn they will provide jobs and we have cars from nigeria at not too high cost for brand new then at that point if you want to buy from outside 9ja or buy luxury cay slam them with 75% duty fee.
on the second note policies like this just hurt deep to the bone, the low and middle class citizen will pay 75% duty while the few 10% rich and politicians buy overrated expensive cars and find their way around not paying I bet Okeowo will be calling his contacts to to go go around this issue instead of doing the needful
Bros thank you, you have said it all.. the thing they pain me.....
Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by mkoabiola: 6:56pm On Jan 31, 2018
ssogundele:

He's into properties/real estates. He owns a palatial building in ikoyi that has 16 bedrooms and a Methodist chapel. Was shown on bisi olatilo's show.
U are correct
I watch d show,where he invited sunny Ade to perform at his palatial mansion .
Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by Viicfuntop(f): 7:00pm On Jan 31, 2018
miarhpe:

First, I apologise for the tone of my voice. This is a good reason actually. Sorry
Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by LordAdam16: 7:04pm On Jan 31, 2018
miarhpe:

Your argument is valid. But let's shift the mirror a little. which do you consider far reaching? investing in real estate or investing in people?

It is one thing to have money, but the people who have people committed to them are the ones that are truly rich.

Because after all said and done, the world would always remain about people.

Of course, investing in people is far reaching. But everyone can't do that. That's my point.

Some are going to make it big by investing in real estate, or like the bitcoin millionaires for example who bet big upon bits of code that apparently are very valuable. And there are those that'd make it big by directly supporting thousands of families.

No group is better than the other. At least IMHO.

Whichever way you look at it, both groups support people. Olu sold choice properties where the biggest brands operate from and the brightest brains live out of. These brands and these people employ tons of people. And his spending also put food on the plates of many families.

The Volkswagen group--owners of the Rolls Royce, Bentley (bought by Olu), and other high-profiled marques--employed 626,715 people in 2016. That's direct employment. The indirect impact of their multi-billion dollar business supports tens of millions of people in hundreds of industries in over 150 countries.

He, like the rest of us, help support the local and global economy. It's not cool to say your contribution is morally better than his, because he buys something you disapprove of.

-Lord

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by benqo01(m): 7:06pm On Jan 31, 2018
Papanwamaikpe:
It's all vanity
Which one do u have?
Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by prolifik83(m): 7:06pm On Jan 31, 2018
Papanwamaikpe:
It's all vanity
Don't take solace in that quote. #GetRichorDieTryin!!!!!!
Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by poweredcom(m): 7:08pm On Jan 31, 2018
even dangote no get all these bill gate self warren buffet ...

this one de buy car full garage ......unwise billionaire
Re: Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley by 989900: 7:09pm On Jan 31, 2018
miarhpe:

my 2kobo

And I thought I was the only one that feels this way. I pay them higher though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Automatic Gearbox Problems / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread / Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.