Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State (70282 Views)

Marriage Orientation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 02, 2018
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by AlphaPen(m): 4:15pm On Feb 02, 2018
As salaamu 'alaykum beautiful people.

In this age of intense Islamophobia, which resulted majorly from the negative projection of Islam by the media, it isn't exactly astonishing for non-muslims to speak ill about the religion or its adherents.

However, I put it to you my non-muslim friends.

Have you not ever met a muslim you really like and admire for his/her person and values?

Certainly you have.

Have you ever sought to know about the prisitine Islam from its right sources -Qur'an (with its exegesis) and books of Hadeeth with an open and curious mind?

If not, then you should. Don't limit yourself to the media or hearsays. You are better than that. Research, dig deep, reflect and maybe, just maybe, the Almighty will grant you guidance in his infinite mercy and magnanimity.

Brother Abdelkabir- may Allah reward you with goodness. I can relate with your experience. May Allah keep us all steadfast upon His path.

Sis Sissie- may Allah reward you with goodness as well for your good intentions. However, even if you have reservations about the post or you read some underlying messages, follow the path of Umar Al-khattab(may Allah be pleased with him) by judging by what is apparent and not what is in the heart, which of course, everyone is oblivious about.

Peace to the world

5 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by greatzious: 4:36pm On Feb 02, 2018
Op u r implicating ursef. u dont use ur position as camp imam to discourage muslim corpers from carrying out the job or roles they r expected to. After all that Is what brought them to camp. and not to come and be sitting in the mosque. and u also implicated ur camp commandant in ur narrative. u nid to be careful what u do or say especially when u occupy any kind of position of authority.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Akious2k2(m): 8:52pm On Feb 02, 2018
AbdelKabir:
When we saw the condition of the sisters, I asked the da'wah coordinator to start giving naseehah every morning before salaatul fajr, which Alhamdulillaah has been yielding results – may Allaah bless him – although some came behind screen to criticise but we don't care about the criticism as far as our aim is to advise those who will listen and not to force. This is why Fathers and husbands should not force their women in practicing Islam without explaining clearly the implications of not practicing, cuz the first day these sisters came to camp, they were all in khimar, one was even a munaqqobah(veiled)[What is she looking for in the camp to begin with?]. But to my greatest surprise we did not see any bashfulness in them after they removed their khimar, atleast if you disobeyed Allaah by removing your khimar, you should feel naked without your khimar which should lead to shyness but this was not the case.

Rather, they were so free and I got so disappointed and erased the perception I had about them before, the munaqqobah used a handkerchief to cover her face while outfit is tight fitting describing her body, so what's the use of the veil? She was advised but to no avail.

Now what's the motive of this thread?

Firstly after I looked at the NYSC set up, I concluded that what we are being told is 'come to this camp and disobey your lord if you wish to' there is nothing befitting here for a conscious Muslim I said "if you wish to" because those who are keen on not disobeying Allaah will refrain and look for a way out, like a few sisters who refused going to parade and asked me to pls harbour them in the mosque which I gladly did to preserve their religion.

Secondly, disobeying Allaah here in camp can be avoided by men easily, but women? Its extremely difficult cuz you'll have to remove your hijab, so I don't advice, in fact I strongly go against conscious women going to camp. So if you have daughters and you are reading this pls safeguard their religion by not letting them go to camp, if you can don't let the males as well, camp is not a good place to be, that three weeks can destroy the eeman you have once you expose yourself to the fitna. I and some other brothers and sisters got saved cuz we are excos and are expected to be in the mosque especially the imam plus the camp commandant is a Muslim that got us covered from being raided by his soldiers for no reason, even tho we were raided once...... although the camp director is not too happy with the fact that the commandant is a Muslim, but he can't do much about that. So what if its not like that in all camps? In fact its not, Benue camp is a good example.

Lastly, teach your children the religion properly, don't just force them, but tell them why they are to do it, they are amana placed on you, you should fear Allaah and nurture them properly, the prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam said:

"Any man whom Allaah has given the authority of ruling some people and he does not look after them in a manner that they should be looked after will never feel even the smell of Paradise."(related by both bukhari and Muslim)

May Allaah guide us all....
Just Thank GOD if all the obscenities end at your orientation camp... During my Service in CRS, at the interior village I was posted to, no one sees you as an "Alfa", if you know what I mean...

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:16am On Feb 03, 2018
AlphaPen:
As salaamu 'alaykum beautiful people.

In this age of intense Islamophobia, which resulted majorly from the negative projection of Islam by the media, it isn't exactly astonishing for non-muslims to speak ill about the religion or its adherents.

However, I put it to you my non-muslim friends.

Have you not ever met a muslim you really like and admire for his/her person and values?

Certainly you have.

Have you ever sought to know about the prisitine Islam from its right sources -Qur'an (with its exegesis) and books of Hadeeth with an open and curious mind?

If not, then you should. Don't limit yourself to the media or hearsays. You are better than that. Research, dig deep, reflect and maybe, just maybe, the Almighty will grant you guidance in his infinite mercy and magnanimity.

Brother Abdelkabir- may Allah reward you with goodness. I can relate with your experience. May Allah keep us all steadfast upon His path.

Sis Sissie- may Allah reward you with goodness as well for your good intentions. However, even if you have reservations about the post or you read some underlying messages, follow the path of Umar Al-khattab(may Allah be pleased with him) by judging by what is apparent and not what is in the heart, which of course, everyone is oblivious about.

Peace to the world

This is superb! May Allaah bless you and us immensely!
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Exciton(m): 8:49am On Feb 04, 2018
Haha!

The rantings of some fvcking intolerant caveman who gets excited by the smallest patch of female skin and thinks he's morally superior to others that don't believe in his Allah and his dark ages way of life. Imagine labelling other people as filth because they don't cover up their bodies like fvcking mummies!

Southerners don't deserve to share a nation with these arseholes. They don't give a fvck about secularism or democracy. And it's not just the northern Muslims. I've spoken with "moderate" Algerian, Turkish, Pakistani, Saudi, etc. people and they're mostly the fvcking same!

They ultimately want their way of life imposed on others. For women to cover their bodies from head to toe. It's why the average northern muslim sees nothing wrong with Usman Dan Fodio's conquest as it was "his moral obligation to purify" the land -- land that's neither his nor his people's!

Finally, Seun does the country more harm than good by protecting Islam and her adherents from criticism. These muslim threads only contribute to entrenching a highly intolerant, non-liberal ideology. A meeting point for the exchange and spread of fundamentalist ideas -- one can only imagine the tens of thousands of Nigerian Muslims that believe the utter nonsense in these threads!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by AideeSheks(m): 9:46am On Feb 04, 2018
Exciton:
Haha!

The rantings of some fvcking intolerant caveman who gets excited by the smallest patch of female skin and thinks he's morally superior to others that don't believe in his Allah and his dark ages way of life. Imagine labelling other people as filth because they don't cover up their bodies like fvcking mummies!

Southerners don't deserve to share a nation with these arseholes. They don't give a fvck about secularism or democracy. And it's not just the northern Muslims. I've spoken with "moderate" Algerian, Turkish, Pakistani, Saudi, etc. people and they're mostly the fvcking same!

They ultimately want their way of life imposed on others. For women to cover their bodies from head to toe. It's why the average northern muslim sees nothing wrong with Usman Dan Fodio's conquest as it was "his moral obligation to purify" the land -- land that's neither his nor his people's!

Finally, Seun does the country more harm than good by protecting Islam and her adherents from criticism. These muslim threads only contribute to entrenching a highly intolerant, non-liberal ideology. A meeting point for the exchange and spread of fundamentalist ideas -- one can only imagine the tens of thousands of Nigerian Muslims that believe the utter nonsense in these threads!
Do you not just see the hypocrisy reeking out from the jabberwocky you just spewed.
You complain of a set of people you deem as intolerant, yet you're the one who is hell-bent on making everyone be like you by imposing liberalism down their throats.
If that is not double standard, then I don't know what is...

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by basugar441(m): 11:23am On Feb 04, 2018
Exciton:
Haha!

The rantings of some fvcking intolerant caveman who gets excited by the smallest patch of female skin and thinks he's morally superior to others that don't believe in his Allah and his dark ages way of life. Imagine labelling other people as filth because they don't cover up their bodies like fvcking mummies

You reek of Hypocrisy

You are here ranting about Muslims being intolerant and yet you are still tge same person using all sort prejudicial adjectives for the Muslims. Fvcking?

Who is fooling who?

And BTW, i see no reason why should be in the ISLAM section if you are not here to learn. Your belief is yours and yours alone, we don't care what you believe in. We believe in what you guys call "old tales"...... Deal with it

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by tintingz(m): 12:34pm On Feb 04, 2018
Like Karl Marx said "Religion is the opium of the masses".

Lol, the religious opium really put the OP in a delusional state of mind, the self-righteous delusion. grin

The holier-than-thou crew. smiley
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Exciton(m): 3:04pm On Feb 04, 2018
basugar441:

You reek of Hypocrisy

You are here ranting about Muslims being intolerant and yet you are still tge same person using all sort prejudicial adjectives for the Muslims. Fvcking?

Who is fooling who?

And BTW, i see no reason why should be in the ISLAM section if you are not here to learn. Your belief is yours and yours alone, we don't care what you believe in. We believe in what you guys call "old tales"...... Deal with it

AideeSheks:

Do you not just see the hypocrisy reeking out from the jabberwocky you just spewed.
You complain of a set of people you deem as intolerant, yet you're the one who is hell-bent on making everyone be like you by imposing liberalism down their throats.
If that is not double standard, then I don't know what is...

Hypocrisy? Double standard? Surely you do not understand the meaning of liberalism. Criticism of ANYONE'S assertions, moral outlook, ideologies etc is at the heart of liberalism. Even an extremist can be liberal as long as he is willing to bring forth his ideas to the altar of liberalism for test via criticisms as well as criticize others' ideas!!

The real irony is the fact that, like the OP, Muslims [and Christians, and basically all religious groups] love talking about their superior moral standing WITH RESPECT TO "kufrs" + talking about how their views are the right ones HOWEVER you guys [MUSLIMS MOST ESPECIALLY] do not want a level playing field whereby your views are EQUALLY OPEN TO CRITICISMS! You criticize others but prefer protection from criticisms, exclusivity, the right to take offense to criticisms, and blasphemy laws.

Now, that's double standards!

I am not the intolerant one, I'm merely criticizing OP's views. The honest fact is that your religion needs massive reforms to ensure peaceful co-existence, not just in Nigeria but everywhere!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by sino(m): 6:27pm On Feb 04, 2018
Exciton:

Hypocrisy? Double standard? Surely you do not understand the meaning of liberalism. Criticism of ANYONE'S assertions, moral outlook, ideologies etc is at the heart of liberalism. Even an extremist can be liberal as long as he is willing to bring forth his ideas to the altar of liberalism for test via criticisms as well as criticize others' ideas!!

The real irony is the fact that, like the OP, Muslims [and Christians, and basically all religious groups] love talking about their superior moral standing WITH RESPECT TO "kufrs" + talking about how their views are the right ones HOWEVER you guys [MUSLIMS MOST ESPECIALLY] do not want a level playing field whereby your views are EQUALLY OPEN TO CRITICISMS! You criticize others but prefer protection from criticisms, exclusivity, the right to take offense to criticisms, and blasphemy laws.

Now, that's double standards!

I am not the intolerant one, I'm merely criticizing OP's views. The honest fact is that your religion needs massive reforms to ensure peaceful co-existence, not just in Nigeria but everywhere!

I would like for you to enlighten me with regards to this libralism you preach, preferably you quote an authority. Also I would like to understand why in the name of "criticism", you decided to rant, using abusive and vulgar words while you claim to be tolerant?

Criticism of the Islamic religion isn't something new, we deal with it accordingly, but I guess you wouldn't go to Aso-rock to go start calling the president unprintable names, or would you?! Heck! You dare not talk rudely to your boss if you are employed!

I am sure if you presented your "criticism" of the moral codes embedded in Islam in a more civilized manner, you would be responded to accordingly.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by tintingz(m): 8:14pm On Feb 04, 2018
sino:

I would like for you to enlighten me with regards to this libralism you preach, preferably you quote an authority. Also I would like to understand why in the name of "criticism", you decided to rant, using abusive and vulgar words while you claim to be tolerant?

Criticism of the Islamic religion isn't something new, we deal with it accordingly, but I guess you wouldn't go to Aso-rock to go start calling the president unprintable names, or would you?! Heck! You dare not talk rudely to your boss if you are employed!

I am sure if you presented your "criticism" of the moral codes embedded in Islam in a more civilized manner, you would be responded to accordingly.

Criticism comes with intolerance, I don't think anyone criticizing something has respect for such thing although there's "friendly criticism".

When you talk about insults in criticism, it goes with context of the object, e.g the guy used "caveman", "dark ages way of life", those language fit in with the OP ideology, but using cuss words like "fûck" "aszholes" those are extreme but still part of criticism but not an advisable and appropriate language to use when criticizing.

When it comes to who and when to criticize, that has to do with nature of the object, subject, e.g public matters, we all have rights to criticize anything of such but coming to my private affairs to criticize with lies, slanders, that's defamation which I have right to sue if evidence is not shown for it. If I have a company and you criticize me nor my company, I have right to bar you from my company. If we are in a democratic system of government, citizens have right to criticize the government without any form of oppression.

Even the man that named his dog "Buhari", was not arrested because of that but because of the breach of public peace he may cause since he's having conflicts with his northern neighbor, the court released him when the case has no meaning again.
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Hybridz: 12:42am On Feb 17, 2018
ollah2:

Some of your just write without using your brains. The owner of this thread is a sworn atheist. He makes his rules according to his wish, he placed the rule there but the bigotry and intolerance in you blame Muslims for that.

This thread is a Muslim thread and like always, it will he hijacked by Christians inorder to ridicule them yet Muslims are intolerant .

Churches exist virtually everywhere, you are preached to join Christianity on the road, buses, they will invade your house, et al telling folks their gods is false and ONLY Christians are destined to go heaven yet Muslims are the ones not tolerant.

The bigotry, sentiments, hatred and intolerance in most of you stinks to high heavens
This reply couldn't be more aptly written.
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Hybridz: 1:03am On Feb 17, 2018
Pataricatering:
where did you get approached by Muslims? That's a lie ! I'm not Muslim but I can confidently tell you lied just to counter the dude s point ! Christians accost people every and anywhere as the guy said and still scream " islamization " ! Muslims NEVER approach people to convert except you go to the mosque or you ask them about Islam !
May God bless you ma'am!
I did not quote you because you supported the guy's point but because the OBJECTIVITY in your comment gladdens me.
Atleast, im not surprised by comments coming from some unrepentant corrupt-minded christians and some quarter-baked muslims alike. How do expect a nation like ours to move forward wben you try to counter a proven fact with a fabricated lie just to make a point.

'AYAM NOT UNDERSTANDING GASKIYA'
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Hybridz: 1:08am On Feb 17, 2018
ikemesit4477:
bros hijab is meant for the poor!
Imagine what this son of Adam has written!
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Hybridz: 1:14am On Feb 17, 2018
olasaad:

Lol Jalingo/Abeokuta 2015.
Did you camp in Jalingo that year?
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by olasaad(f): 5:34am On Feb 17, 2018
Hybridz:

Did you camp in Jalingo that year?

Yeah
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Empiree: 6:33am On Feb 17, 2018
Hullabaloo never seems to halt on NL...ki grin ki grin ki grin ki grin ki

Campus life, hummm. I only enjoyed campus itself not hostel.

Never lived in hostel all my life.

Always rented a place outside of camp even during my service in ilorin in 2001

I hate people watch me do private things exclusive to me.

I am a loner when it comes to living with people and i love every minute of it.
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Delta State by Hybridz: 7:52am On Feb 17, 2018
olasaad:

Yeah
wowww!
How sweet?
I also did....at Sibre,but I do not think you served in Taraba state,did you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boy Or Girl Child, Which Is Better? - An Islamic Perspective / NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 / Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.