Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

I Ate Fufu For The First Time! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Ate Fufu For The First Time! (13922 Views)

The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) / White Girl Sees Nigerian Fried Plantain For The First Time And Reacts / Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by gangstaboo(f): 6:23am On Apr 18, 2010
And it was delicious!! I'm a black female dating an Igbo man and I had never had fufu before or even seen it before. We went to his friend's house and his friend cooked some for us. I was expecting something different though. When he brought out the plate with this white sticky stuff and the meat at first I was like wtf!! haha but I tried it and loved it. We ate it with our hands, no forks or anything. They kept laughing at me because the meat was so toughh that it took me at least 5 mins to eat one piece and it kept dripping on me loll. But damn even though that meat was so hard to chew, the seasoning was awesome!! The actual fufu reminds me of grits but ten times better. I am now a fufu addict and just wanted to share my first encounter with it haha. I am slowly trying to learn Nigerian culture, I find it fascinating to say the least. For all I know, my ancestors could have come from Nigeria when they were forced to America as slaves.

I posted this in the food section but I think it would be better in this section.
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by THEAMAKA(f): 9:08am On Apr 18, 2010
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 18, 2010
Nice one! smiley
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by labiyemmy(m): 11:12am On Apr 18, 2010
Nice one -

Lets see a Nigerian also post their first experience with burger.

1 Like

Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 18, 2010
@labiyemmy:

Nice one -

LMFAO! grin
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by THEAMAKA(f): 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2010
@labiyemmy:

Nice one -

hahahaha! lolol
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by gangstaboo(f): 6:48pm On Apr 18, 2010
hahaha at the Burger, shyt I don't even like burgers especially Mcdonald's
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by MsTom(f): 10:58pm On Apr 18, 2010
@labiyemmy:

Nice one -

Funniest post ever! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by ChinenyeN(m): 11:41pm On Apr 18, 2010
Congratulations gangstaboo. You're taking a nice step in the right direction. I commend you.
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by spoilt(f): 1:11am On Apr 19, 2010
Do you know what fufu can do to your hips and thighs honey? grin
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by gangstaboo(f): 2:31am On Apr 19, 2010
Ty ChinenyeN smiley I agree!

Haha, well nothing wrong with having a lil hip and thighs lol wink wink wink
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by Markenny(m): 2:44am On Apr 19, 2010
@the poster u wrong,u ate pamdi not fufu.(yarm flavour)i bet u-if u come across fufu wil run 10mile away from the table, hey keep dreamin nija food is the best.

1 Like

Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by gangstaboo(f): 5:54am On Apr 19, 2010
what's pamdi? and what's the difference?
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by kemisuga(f): 11:06am On Apr 19, 2010
Congrats cheesy
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by sunnykiss(m): 11:08am On Apr 19, 2010
@poster why u come they tell us, shhwweeee
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by yme1(f): 11:14am On Apr 19, 2010
hmmmmmmmmm thats nice
dont get addicted too much to it b4 you turn to IYELEKUTA grin grin
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by Markenny(m): 11:28am On Apr 19, 2010
@poster.pamdi is just version of pamded yarm.it a white stuff.u make in less than 10 mins.fufu take up to 40mins to make.and it smell like hell.it a cassava flavour.someone arested in europ eatin fufu.they say he is tryin to comit succide.

1 Like

Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 19, 2010
Thank God for your first African experience
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by shadrach77: 11:42am On Apr 19, 2010
grin what you ate is fufu but it's the modified version - congrats anyway
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by Zimex: 11:44am On Apr 19, 2010
And this made frontpage? angry
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by maclatunji: 11:49am On Apr 19, 2010
I have nothing against you poster, but if na one naija boy or girl dey make noise about beef burger. Majority of Nairalanders go don yab the person to blazes. See them here congratulating you over Fufu. Naija people: u too much!
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by Jarus(m): 11:57am On Apr 19, 2010
MsTom:

Funniest post ever! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ever heard of one man called becomrich(now becomricher)?
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by mrkoma2012: 11:58am On Apr 19, 2010
kudos
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 19, 2010
Oh ok!
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by Ty207: 12:11pm On Apr 19, 2010
9ice one try n eat eba n amala too.
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by lbotus(f): 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2010
Nice one!
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by kay9(m): 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2010
@poster:  grin grin Had me breaking all over in smiles.

Actually i think Markenny's right; what you took mostly likely is a modified product - lotsa them in the market now. But IMO they all qualify as fufu - taste as nice, has less starch content, and is prepared in far less time than the real deal.

The real, good old fufu grin has a strong smell and you'd need a good after-meal hand-cleanser to shake it off; preparing it is another serious wahala - heard someone say 40mins, thats a joke. Honey-buns, u'd need like 2-hours-plus of grueling hard work to pound some home-made cassava. Oh yeah, i said POUND, with a mortar and pestle. . . . come see sweat!! grin grin

But hey, i didn't mean to spoil anyone's fufu-appeal - gangastaboo, please enjoy your fufu dearie! Hope u enjoy some more local delicacies. wink
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by Exponental(m): 1:48pm On Apr 19, 2010
wetin concern us whether u chop fufu or not, if u like, chop shit, na u sabi
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by nellaluv(f): 1:58pm On Apr 19, 2010
hmmn, margarita
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2010
@ gangstaboo, hey big ups girlfriend!!!!

dont mind all these bloody nigerians, they dont know what they want. in one breath they complain that foriegners dont like or understand them enough, in the very next breath they whine when a foriegner like you tries to integrate with them. silly.

The babes are probably pissed you dating a black nigerian guy (how thats ur problem i dunno, ignore them!!)

never mind if its real fufu or some mod, suffice to say girl, welcome to some REAL GOOD FOOD!!! grin grin grin

now u need to go the whole nine yards, there absolutely DELICIOUS NIGERIAN MEALS BABE, have ur fill.

word of caution though, go easy man, we talkin lotsa carbs, so u dont end up like one of them nigerian babes with arms and thighs like giant pork chops!! grin grin grin grin
Re: I Ate Fufu For The First Time! by Kbs12: 3:00pm On Apr 19, 2010
Na en be withing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please What Is The Yoruba Name Or Igbo Names Of These Fruits? / 6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Bread Price May Rise By 10%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.