Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,225 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Can Anyone Help Me Delete Pictures From My Basic Hitachi Digital Camera - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Can Anyone Help Me Delete Pictures From My Basic Hitachi Digital Camera (3050 Views)

London Use Digital Camera / Can Anyone Help Me With A Simple Banner? / Red One Cinema Digital Camera For Hire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Help Me Delete Pictures From My Basic Hitachi Digital Camera by madlady(f): 8:59am On Apr 18, 2010
Hi,

I have just bought a basic Hitachi digital camera. HITACHI HDC-991E

The instructions seems to be the wrong way round, for instance the uploading does not upload the correct way,you have to upload by scrolling down to pictbridge instead of pc camera.

Anyway my problem is how to delete the pictures from the camera when it's full.

All advice greatfully appreciated. smiley
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Delete Pictures From My Basic Hitachi Digital Camera by NijoRah: 4:09pm On Apr 19, 2010
have you tried going to menu-option-photos/drive and delete all

secondly does the camera use a storage device?
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Delete Pictures From My Basic Hitachi Digital Camera by madlady(f): 4:14pm On Apr 19, 2010
^^^ Oh thanks for taking the time reply.

Yes I tried to use the menu options, but does not show delete on the screen.

I am not sure about the 2ND question.
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Delete Pictures From My Basic Hitachi Digital Camera by NijoRah: 4:54pm On Apr 19, 2010
Does it have a memory card?
If it does, you have to navigate to the memory.

secondly you can connect it to your computer, you see two folders.

keep opening them both till, till you see your pictures.

Do not delete the folders, only delete the pictures.
The folders is likely the one on the left.
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Delete Pictures From My Basic Hitachi Digital Camera by madlady(f): 5:21pm On Apr 19, 2010
^^^ OK I will connect to my laptop and look for the folders. I will then delete following your instructions.

Does that mean I will always have to delete my photos on the laptop unlike other digital cameras?

Thank you very much for your help. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Delete Pictures From My Basic Hitachi Digital Camera by madlady(f): 6:18pm On Apr 19, 2010
I've managed to locate a menu showing delete/delete all (you told me that), I did that without hooking up to the laptop.

The guys in my office say that the reason that this camera was reduced is that intructions are wrong, they cannot work it out.

Looks like it will be a matter of messing around with it for now, I hate doing that,I like to follow instructions.

Thank you very much for all your help. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Delete Pictures From My Basic Hitachi Digital Camera by NijoRah: 2:19am On Apr 20, 2010
grin

Well you are welcome.
I work with computers from MAC to PC's

And i have digital cameras and Pro High definition Camcorders,
so if you have any questions about anything Audio and Visual technology, let me know.

Take a look at my website if some time:
http://www.stepbystepnetwork.net/
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Delete Pictures From My Basic Hitachi Digital Camera by madlady(f): 8:54am On Apr 20, 2010
^^^^Thank you very much, I am really grateful for your help. I just hope I can access the delete menu again embarassed.

That's a great site you have, I normally avoid clicking links (you never know what virus you may pick up).
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Delete Pictures From My Basic Hitachi Digital Camera by madlady(f): 6:54pm On Apr 20, 2010
@NijoRah, I managed to follow your 1st set of intructions and accessed the full menu list.

The deleting menu seems quite basic and easy to use.

I will just try to master the other settings.

Once again thank you for your help smiley smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

Please Rate My Photoshop CS6 Designs / All Nairaland Designers: Display Your Best Work / Learn Professional 3D Design, 3D Animation Using Maya, Adobe After Effect.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.