Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,697 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? (23662 Views)

Corper Abu Bakr Bilyamin Receives N198,000 Instead Of N19,800 Monthly Allawee / NYSC Reacts To Members Allowance Increase From N19,800 To N48,900 / Soldiers Welcome Corpers To Kogi NYSC Camp With Their Luggage On Their Head (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by stubbornman(m): 11:03pm On Feb 03, 2018
I no save and I loose weight like this during service....what if I save...I for die for nothing ohhhh
as I no dey save sef the money no still do me.
wetin I suffer during my service ehnnnnn
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by Tobycharles: 11:13pm On Feb 03, 2018
warlord24:
Hello guys just got it how you can make 150k in 4days live...

Have u made yours?

Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by mechanics(m): 11:17pm On Feb 03, 2018
The standard of living now is hard compared to previous years, one can only save that amount if the PPA pays reasonable amount and if one has another part time.
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by Scholar212(m): 11:22pm On Feb 03, 2018
How can a Corp member surive on 19800 first before talking of saving. House officers and medical interns receiving above 100k are waiting for allowee before month end, asking around for those they have transfused (received payment) and someone is saying saving from 19k. Please don't end up with ulcer or malnutrition saving from the meagre 19k
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by ofem89(m): 11:27pm On Feb 03, 2018
for me God help me to save 60k but when I came back I was like Loosing weight.
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by Strikethem: 11:29pm On Feb 03, 2018
foliman:
I'm a serving Corp member right now... The reality must be said.
I save 10k every month but believe me, its not part of the nysc allowee, how can you survive on 660 daily?
Won't you eat, board bike, take taxi, pay some dues, recharge, data? These are just the simple things that take the money away... imagine if you have to take some orijin by the weekend?

I only save 10k being paid by my ppa believe me, some months I spend both allowee!

At least a drop is #50 X2 a day = #100
At least feeding for a day = #400
Data and airtime for a day = #150

So you have #10 left every day?
Won't you do some laundry?
Send airtime to your........ and maybe family and friends?
Church nko?
CDS projects nko?

Kudos to you if you can save anything from NYSC allowee!

I am privileged to save more than 100k during my nysc in rivers state. I saved that I was able to buy a laptop for myself, though not new one but London use for around 63k. I also got home with almost 60k. My ppa was close to my house a little bit. So I take the stress to walk to the ppa daily and mind you, .y ppa not paying me.
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by foliman(m): 11:58pm On Feb 03, 2018
Strikethem:
I am privileged to save more than 100k during my nysc in rivers state. I saved that I was able to buy a laptop for myself, though not new one but London use for around 63k. I also got home with almost 60k. My ppa was close to my house a little bit. So I take the stress to walk to the ppa daily and mind you, .y ppa not paying me.

But that must be at least 3 years ago?
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by Nobody: 12:42am On Feb 04, 2018
Yankee101:
1. ,

I think corps members should be paid NGN100k per month.

Even that won't be enough if 19800 is not. As you earn, so your standard of living increases! Money's never enough!

Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by Milo30(m): 1:00am On Feb 04, 2018
I wrote an article on saving during service
https://www.nairaland.com/4304138/mystery-savings-during-nysc-service
Mustack I see you sir. Thanks for quoting me
Now on the subject matter...
While there are countless ways to achieve the 10k savings, the following are compulsory principles to follow if you want to succeed.
1. DO NOT TAKE UP ANY POSITION OF LEADERSHIP!
You can't be a CLO or a CDS/Fellowship president and save 10k, when you only receive 19k. So if you want to save 10k, be a floor member everywhere
2. Stay single. This one is self explanatory
3. Do everything to stay in your PPA's lodge. Transport expenses will swallow your allowance trust me.
4. Cut down on your hobbies: Do you play football professionally? Are you a party animale? Do you like to visit new places? If you want to save 10k monthly, you have to find a 'domestic' source of happiness (LOL). Also, you have to avoid people who have such hobbies too. E.g That comment about drinking pap/kunu from morning till night. Yeah, befriend those type of people. If you can bear the misery you will save 10k
5. Have a reason in mind: Don't just save 10k because you feel like. Have a target or goal in mind. Don't do to yourself what the prodigal's son did to himself i.e have a shii ton of money and not know what to do with it.

You can at least save 3k inside the 19k. Think of it as one of your compulsory expenses. The way you allocate money for transport and food, allocate money to savings too. There's a sweet level of self discipline that you attain when you save. I use piggybank.ng too, it is a great way to save. Peace...
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by Strikethem: 3:40am On Feb 04, 2018
foliman:

But that must be at least 3 years ago?
Nope, I am talking of 2015-2016.
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by tempem: 4:45am On Feb 04, 2018
stubbornman:

The nigger dey put the warming on repeat.... Global warming sef go dey take place inside the pot.

How can someone be so stingy to their self

Allawee that you'll save and still spend in few days after service....then what's the essence!!!

Nah nah nah.. Nairalanders can not get me killed. grin grin cheesy wink
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by Darkseid(m): 6:39am On Feb 04, 2018
Unigrad:
You get fridge wey u dey keep the soup? or you dey eat a week old warming soup?
Just two to three days, e no dey spoil.
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by Teymanhenry(f): 6:47am On Feb 04, 2018
I currently serve in Enugu state .I save #15000 or #10000 Monthly. how did I come about it... I transferred from a public school to a private school. m currently paid, #15000 monthly n I give out extra moral classes.. I make #8000 monthly...m pretty busy though . at least it stops me from getting idle n always thinking about bitches n booze.. my roommate is relying only on allowee. he refused joining me though.
we have to do other jobs to survive this ish as corpers ...

Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by tommy9: 8:04am On Feb 04, 2018
blackgold2018:
Save wetin.. in this present economy? The allowee finishes like 5days before receiving another sef.
5 days before receiving what?? Mine finishes in less than 2weeks lolz..
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by tommy9: 8:11am On Feb 04, 2018
chuggy:
As an ex corper, it is very challenging if you dey drink beer...19,800 alone is beer money
haha.. No be small thing
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by Grace001: 8:50am On Feb 04, 2018
corpersforum:
"TRUTH TIME"
Everybody, come here and let's discuss the truth.
Most Corp members would have a pre-plan that they will be saving 10k out of the #19,800 allowee during their service year and be spending the #9,800 to keep up.

If you are saving #10,000 every months and spending #9,800, in 11 months you would have SAVED:"#110, 000" and SPENT :"107, 800"

The issue now is saving that amount. Most people are only left with the last double allowee after POP.

The question is "What are the things making it so hard for Corp members to even save during NYSC year?

Please let's be realistic and open. God Bless you as you participate.

OP! I fear you oo. That's poverty of highest order, to live on 9800 naira which is not even up to $30 for 30 days? The 110,000 naira saved for a year can't even buy a Bajaj bike for high purchase business. Nigeria is indeed a shithole
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by Celsony: 10:18am On Feb 04, 2018
It is not easy to save 10k monthly irrespective ofwhere u serve, it takes discipline to achieve this, & those staying in urban areas have almost no chance of saving 10k monthly. I am currently serving in ekiti state in ise orun lga. I can categorically tell u that those staying in d state capital Ado-ekiti hv no chance of saving at all. The cost of living there is very high. Me i subscribed for first bank insurance policy while in camp where i pay 5k of my allowance, then i am also involved in a thrift contribution where i also pay 5k.
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by Celsony: 10:25am On Feb 04, 2018
Strikethem:

Well done bro, also saving for a laptop too, my ppa too is zero 0 though close to where i stay. I am serving in a village in ekiti state in ise-orun lga
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by guente02(m): 2:13pm On Feb 04, 2018
Darkseid:
grin grin grin I started saving from the same time as you and I've bought a laptop for 70k plus almost 100k extra savings.
The difference is that you earn more than me.
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by sallazlee(m): 8:17am On Feb 05, 2018
vallyjohn:
it will not be well for the person that asked this question
chai bros abeg no vex ooo
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by FunnyDude(m): 9:51am On Feb 05, 2018
Make hunger kill me unto say I dey save one yeye money wey no reach anything. After service u go still chop am or make Scammer scam ur money with all these yeye motivational speaker
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by LLSAINT(m): 11:49am On Feb 05, 2018
Sweet heart, you try at least you dey save. But come o, where you dey serve? grin
Diekola17:
i spend 400 to and fro every week for CDs that's 1600 in a month. I will fill gas, buy foodstuffs buy data. Na only my Ppa 5k I dey save o. I cannot kill myself.
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by deleib(m): 9:15am On Feb 06, 2018
Darkseid:
My ppa pays me 5k plus NYSC #19800. I spend only the 5k per month and save the compete allowee. It boils down to discipline. I used my first two allowance to buy a bag of rice plus other foodstuffs that would last a year. Let me break down how I spend my 5k:
1k for each week of the month
For each week -
#160 for bag of water
#500 for soup ( Just meat and vegetables, I have all the ingredients you can think of including garri).
The remaining part of the 1k goes for miscellaneous.
For the rest part of the week, I'll cook rice, spaghetti and beans.
Then move over to the next week.
I only ate in a restaurant the first week I got to my ppa.
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by walesho(m): 6:10pm On Feb 06, 2018
wunmi590:
I honestly don't have anything to say, because that 19,800 ain't money at all.

I served in Akwa ibom then and things are very costly, I didn't even carry any alawee home, apart from the contributions my church and it's outstations (catholic) contributed for me while I was travelling back.

That money is two small to save, except you want to die in another man's land

I serve in Bayelsa State Yenagoa too, cost of living is very high nothing is cheap
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by Ugosample(m): 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2018
Darkseid:
My ppa pays me 5k plus NYSC #19800. I spend only the 5k per month and save the compete allowee. It boils down to discipline. I used my first two allowance to buy a bag of rice plus other foodstuffs that would last a year. Let me break down how I spend my 5k:
1k for each week of the month
For each week -
#160 for bag of water
#500 for soup ( Just meat and vegetables, I have all the ingredients you can think of including garri).
The remaining part of the 1k goes for miscellaneous.
For the rest part of the week, I'll cook rice, spaghetti and beans.
Then move over to the next week.
I only ate in a restaurant the first week I got to my ppa.

If what you typed is true....

Then you are MVP

this is awesome
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by shams040(m): 12:27pm On Feb 11, 2018
Well as for me I just started and from my first alawe I saved above 30k reason been dat when my oga send me to places almost everyday, I can get at least #300 extra which I use as feeding and other tyns. So it all depends on where you are serving but the main truth is dat d #19800 is total rubbish.

Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by Diekola17(f): 11:42pm On Feb 27, 2018
LLSAINT:
Sweet heart, you try at least you dey save. But come o, where you dey serve? grin

Akure
Re: Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? by LLSAINT(m): 8:25am On Mar 01, 2018
close to your area. PM me if you dont mind.
Diekola17:

Akure

18 Pictures That Prospective Stream 2 Corpers Will Relate To / Tips For Nursing And Pregnant Women In NYSC Orientation Camp / Corper Egba Ovat Dies In Ebonyi State