Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,171 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos (891 Views)

Nigeria And Germany Sign The 11,000mw Roadmap Deal To Improve Electricity - APC / It’s Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity – Fashola / Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos by 4Ebisco: 4:22pm On Feb 03, 2018
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, has urged Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to come-up with ideas and suggestions on how the 2,000 megawatts (MW) stranded at the national grid can be efficiently used.

Fashola gave the charge yesterday at an interactive session with CSOs and other stakeholders in Abuja on the Power Sector Recovery Programme (PSRP) of the Federal Government.

The PSRP is a series of policy action, operational, governance and financial interventions to be implemented by the Federal Government over the next five years to reset the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry (NESI).

The minister stated that the emphasis should be on how the stranded power now available could be efficiently distributed.

He said the action was the focus of government and the power sector operators in line with the PSRP initiatives.

He said: “The reality is that we have 7,000MW and we are selling 5,000MW. So, the conversation we should be having is how to connect to the remaining 2,000MW.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/advise-me-on-how-to-use-2000mw-stranded.html

Re: Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos by buhariguy(m): 4:26pm On Feb 03, 2018
Is that difficult for you to do,? How to connect?
It should be better for me to be the minister of power to fix the problem.

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos by Blue3k(m): 4:29pm On Feb 03, 2018
Lol send it to my village thank you.

He said: “The reality is that we have 7,000MW and we are selling 5,000MW. So, the conversation we should be having is how to connect to the remaining 2,000MW.”

Isn't this a transmission issue? I thought federal government is in charge of that front. If do fix it. The most efficient way to distribute resources is the market place. There are plenty of businesses that want the power. Since discos reject power send it to their competion. (I forget what they call themselves)

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos by bjnice(m): 4:36pm On Feb 03, 2018
the post above me, is that all u can post.
The old man jejely seek for help from all Nigeria.

back to the op post, If minister of power wit all the paraphernalia at his beck and call still ask help on transmissions on the remaining 2000 mega watts. the questions to ask how was the 5000 mega watts transmitted in the first instance.

mister Honourable minister, would it be Honourable for you to resign if you can't fix what you boast can bin done in 6 Month.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos by Desyner: 4:39pm On Feb 03, 2018
He should bypass the grid and feed it into some cluster town, industrial estates etc. At least you admit you have more power than you can transmit. It is a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos by Beremx(f): 4:46pm On Feb 03, 2018
he should eat the 2000mw since he doesn't know what to do with it. Smh

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos by barragan: 4:53pm On Feb 03, 2018
In Australia people get paid to use excess electricity, it's an actual problem. Elon Musk recently launch some huge batteries in that country to soak up what can be called stranded electricity, he then in turn sell it back to them when they need additional supply. Just like slack and peak periods of labour in economics.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/1/16723186/elon-musk-battery-launched-south-australia

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos by Omeokachie: 5:33pm On Feb 03, 2018
It has suddenly become "rocket science"

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos by Desyner: 6:36pm On Feb 05, 2018
barragan:
In Australia people get paid to use excess electricity, it's an actual problem. Elon Musk recently launch some huge batteries in that country to soak up what can be called stranded electricity, he then in turn sell it back to them when they need additional supply. Just like slack and peak periods of labour in economics.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/1/16723186/elon-musk-battery-launched-south-australia
Good idea. Electricity storage is expensive though, and I doubt most Nigerians can survive the cost after the power has gone through those batteries.
Re: Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos by SalamRushdie: 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2018
barragan:

This Is for countries who have excess electricity we don't, our kind of stranded Fasholas is referring to has to with the inability to wheel out power conveniently and efficiently from orphaned power plants to the grid and from the national grid to sub grids and networks . I hope Fasholas is aware more than 2000 Mws is still intentionally rejected by his thieving discos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos by TheFreeOne: 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2018
Desyner:
He should bypass the grid and feed it into some cluster town, industrial estates etc. At least you admit you have more power than you can transmit. It is a shame.

Do we have such cluster towns and industrial estates?
And if we do won't they already be connected to the national grid.

How can Fashola claimed there's excess power when the country is not running 24/7 availability of electric power? The so called excess are what the DISCOs refused to add to their distribution.

I believe the solution should be metering of every home in Nigeria as this will brings sanity into the sector, solve energy theft and help DISCOs get ROI.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos by sapientia(m): 7:30pm On Feb 05, 2018
Fashola cant manage anything aside a law firm defending criminals like Tinibu.

Imagine who we are paying to advise Baba Failure is asking for advise.

We dont see light in Nigeria and you have stranded power.. Fashola.. fear any spritual being you worship please..

Haba Fashola.. when you dont give us 24 hrs light.. how can you have excess when what you have is not sufficient.

This is propaganda so they cant quote it next year and say they generated excess power which is actually a lie.

This man that got this job cos of his infamous timeline for providing steady power has failed to do same in 3 years.
Re: Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos by deomelllo: 7:37pm On Feb 05, 2018
TheFreeOne:

Do we have such cluster towns and industrial estates?
And if we do won't they already be connected to the national grid.

We have industrial estates all over Nigeria, including the major ones in Lagos and Ogun state and they can all use the excess power regardless if they are connected to the grid or not.

How can Fashola claimed there's excess power when the country is not running 24/7 availability of electric power? The so called excess are what the DISCOs refused to add to their distribution

The DISCOs lack the capacity to handle the excess power so provisions should be made for other entities to take and use the excess power.

I believe the solution should be metering of every home in Nigeria as this will brings sanity into the sector, solve energy theft and help DISCOs get ROI.

Including sanctions, fines and jail time for electricity thefts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos by 4kDdullard: 7:38pm On Feb 05, 2018
Shithole power minister, as empty as the thing that put him there when it comes to the ministry.It's a pitiable situation for a shithole country.
Re: Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos by deomelllo: 7:39pm On Feb 05, 2018
He further stated: “We are also putting together a policy position to help expand the distribution network of the Discos and use this to distribute the 2,000MW that is currently available but cannot be distributed.

“I also use the opportunity to call out to manufacturers to let us know where they are, how much power they need, and how we can connect you because we have 2000MW of undistributed power.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/01/09/fg-we-have-2000mw-of-idle-electricity-for-industries-manufacturers-in-nigeria/
Re: Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos by omowolewa: 7:43pm On Feb 05, 2018
Distance between electricity produced and consumers is the puzzle to solve here, that's the essence of TransCo at first. There are states with shortage of power like Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Abia, and Kano.

I will suggest direct cabling and supplies to the industrial clusters and dense population

Also, metering has been the Disco's problem, they can't exceed unmetered customer's purchasing power thus the need to shed some loads.

ensuring all customers are metered would reduce the lag between meter readings at sales and consumption points.

There other ways His Highness, but see me personally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos by dlondonbadboy: 7:46pm On Feb 05, 2018
Vote out Jonathan and you would have electricity 247...
24hours per day power supply is not rocket science..it's like having many "I better pass my neighbour" generators in one pass..multiply their capacity to 100times and light would be everywhere....

These where the foolish words of FASHOLA....3years down the line, the fool is still fooling himself...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise Me On How To Use 2,000mw ‘stranded Electricity’ – Fashola Tells Csos by TheFreeOne: 8:22pm On Feb 05, 2018
deomelllo:

We have industrial estates all over Nigeria, including the major ones in Lagos and Ogun state and they can all use the excess power regardless if they are connected to the grid or not.

The DISCOs lack the capacity to handle the excess power so provisions should be made for other entities to take and use the excess power.

Including sanctions, fines and jail time for electricity thefts.

Not disputing existence of industrial estates but I still doubt are excess power when Nigerians don't have electricity for 24 hours.
At a point in time DISCOs were accused of load shedding.

But if true why generate what you don't have capacity to distribute? Isn't that a case of placing the cart before the horse?

The FG should stop boring us with their hogwash and ensure the DISCOs meter Nigerians after all they've been given about 4years grace period.

(1) (Reply)

Nice Photo Of President Buhari & VP Osinbajo...dressed On Attires Of Complimen.. / Senator Dino Melaye Shares Photos Of His Bullet Proof Car Riddled With Bullets / Herdsmen Killings: Danjuma In Order, It Should Be Fire For Fire – Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.