Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,749 members, 7,844,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report (7102 Views)

Abiola Ajimobi's Health Condition Worsens After Days In Coma / APC Crisis Worsens As nPDP Faction Issues Seven-Day Ultimatum / Arewa Group Insists Igbos Must Leave Northern Nigeria, Despite Condemnation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by doctokwus: 12:34pm On Feb 04, 2018
One of the legacies of the Fulani chief

2 Likes

Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by Man2utd(m): 12:40pm On Feb 04, 2018
Its all politics..

6 Likes

Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by BiafraIShere(m): 12:47pm On Feb 04, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
So for decades one region has been at the helm of the affairs of this country, eradicating poorverty in their region is a rocket science while the people they marginalized and are still maginalizing are living like King's in their red mud landlocked region. Truly truly, man proposes but God disposes.

Ndi Igbo Unu Kpóró Akpó Ka Chin-Chin

I Duff My Hat For Una cool
They can hate the Igbos with all their might but it doesn't change the reality. Igbos along with the Jews, Aryans of Germany and Chinese are the most gifted races in the world. This fact has been proven many times over by scientists. Imagine a race that faced total annihilation a few decades ago, lost 3 million people, had their economy totally wiped off, yet within a generation, they have not only bounced back but are now leading the rest of the country that tried to destroy them! Every good indices of development, be it education, innovation, sports, GDP etc the Igbos are always leading, and this is despite the state sponsored efforts to limit their progress through schemes like quota system and federal character. Truth is that, if not for the civil war and government efforts to stop Igbos, they would have gone very very far indeed!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:59pm On Feb 04, 2018
BiafraIShere:
They can hate the Igbos with all their might but it doesn't change the reality. Igbos along with the Jews, Aryans of Germany and Chinese are the most gifted races in the world. This fact has been proven many times over by scientists. Imagine a race that faced total annihilation a few decades ago, lost 3 million people, had their economy totally wiped off, yet within a generation, they have not only bounced back but are now leading the rest of the country that tried to destroy them! Every good indices of development, be it education, innovation, sports, GDP etc the Igbos are always leading, and this is despite the state sponsored efforts to limit their progress through schemes like quota system and federal character. Truth is that, if not for the civil war and government efforts to stop Igbos, they would have gone very very far indeed!
You are blessed Nwa Chineke

15 Likes

Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by plaetton: 1:00pm On Feb 04, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
So for decades one region has been at the helm of the affairs of this country, eradicating poorverty in their region is a rocket science while the people they marginalized and are still maginalizing are living like King's in their red mud landlocked region. Truly truly, man proposes but God disposes.

Ndi Igbo Unu Kpóró Akpó Ka Chin-Chin

I Duff My Hat For Una cool
grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 04, 2018
Umu Enugu state feed better than people from every other state in Nigeria, according to this report.

And someone was doubting that Enugu isn't the best governed state since the dawn of democracy.

ENUGU is simply the best state in Nigeria, and I mean the best in everything you can imagine!

12 Likes

Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by Killurself: 1:54pm On Feb 04, 2018
Ok well done but if other tribes be ahead, in that time the statistics must be faulted or it was yoruba man did it but now no noise

1 Like

Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by Theonlycoolmonk: 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
Killurself:
Ok well done but if other tribes be ahead, in that time the statistics must be faulted or it was yoruba man did it but now no noise

go killurself abeg. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by Splashme: 2:14pm On Feb 04, 2018
BruncleZuma:
This is not a discussion point the data is out there....

2 Likes

Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by room089: 3:38pm On Feb 04, 2018
Let's wait for the 'e-defenders' of this government to come here and ply their trade.

2 Likes

Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by Gucciboss: 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2018
Nawao

2 Likes

Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by horsepower101: 5:18pm On Feb 04, 2018
BiafraIShere:

Gowon was asked why he continued trying to invade igboland and prolong the civil war even after he has captured the so called minority lands that he claimed he was trying to save. He said "There is no Nigeria without Igbos".

Our enemies know one thing deep down in their hearts. We are far much more advanced than them in everything. To them, Nigeria is a prison for igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:42pm On Feb 04, 2018
Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by Blue3k2: 5:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
it will worsen as long as ppl run from farm

I dont think more eople farming is answer. From what I understand the main occupation in the north is farming since they are an agrarian society yet the rank lower than all the other regions. Mechanized farming and allowing people to import is solution.

2 Likes

Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:14pm On Feb 04, 2018
Blue3k2:

I dont think more eople farming is answer. From what I understand the main occupation in the north is farming since they are an agrarian society yet the rank lower than all the other regions. Mechanized farming and allowing people to import is solution.
yep fewer ppl ON the farm but need more ppl INVESTING IN said farms.
Imagine if you will all unemployed graduates and school leavers (a couple million) contributing 1k(in lieu of direct labour),that's a few billion every month to acquire tractors,fertiliser and irrigation(capital) to boost output exponentially.
can be replicated in manufacturing btw
Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by okenta2017: 3:42am On Feb 05, 2018
Blue3k2:
It always amazes me how NE has less poverty in these indecies than NW. Some needs to explain why regions that produce the food do worse in these stats. I believe it's because southern regions can import more and generally have more disposable income.

Front Page: lalasticlala

You don't need to look further.
For political agenda up North, you will see a jobless with six wives and forty children and
you are wondering how the stat. was arrived at.
Their only saving grace will be establishing Colonies down south where land would be forcefully
acquired and the rat breeding system continued in the south in the name of religion.

1 Like

Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by Killurself: 6:10pm On Feb 08, 2018
Theonlycoolmonk:

go killurself abeg. grin grin
you need it becos am not beg you to post on my comment, if you don't like my comment or it pains you just quietly drink poison. Stop comment on my post
Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:22am On Feb 17, 2018
I wonder why this is not on front page mod too bias

2 Likes

Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by Blue3k2: 10:53am On Feb 17, 2018
Ucheosefoh:
I wonder why this is not on front page mod too bias

This was on the front page. You're just late to the story.
Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by pazienza(m): 6:34pm On Feb 21, 2018
Interesting.

I love my Igbo people. God, this love is driving me crazy grin

5 Likes

Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by horsepower101: 6:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
pazienza:
Interesting.

I love my Igbo people. God, this love is driving me crazy grin

My brother, they haven't seen anything yet. We are just getting started. All fingers are not equal in size.

1 Like

Re: Malnutrition Worsens In Nigeria Despite Govt, Private Sector Efforts — Report by izombie(m): 7:40pm On Feb 21, 2018
horsepower101:

The people that will end up worse after buhari is done with Nigeria definitely won't be Igbos. In fact it looks like buhari's marginalization is a blessing in disguise because a lot of igbos are beginning to think home first before they invest anywhere else in Nigeria. The real estate boom going on now in the East is something I have never witnessed before. Who God has blessed, no man can curse.
oboy you are right. Buhari's administration has been indirectly positive to the igbos in a way. I was in nigeria this xmas and when i went home to anambra i was blown away by the number of major constructions taking place. Everywhere you look new buildings are being built. Same thing in enugu. Because of buhari and his anti igbo government and policies, igbos are thinking home first more than ever before. So buhari must continue o till 2033.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will You Vote For Gej In 2015? / Money "recovered" by Swiss bank belonged to Obasanjo , IBB or their associates. / 2015: Jonathan, PDP Will Fail In S-west – ACN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.