Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North (2923 Views)

Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION / Is The Core North Over Rated? This Is What Saraki Need. / "No Candidate From The Core North Can Defeat Buhari In 2019" — Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by antiflathead: 1:10am On Feb 04, 2018
From the professor of medicine who lectures at the prestigious University of Ibadan, to the almajiri destitute who roams the streets of Kano, to the wealthy real estate manager in Port Harcourt, to the lowly nomad of arid Baga, there is one thing that connects these people religion.

Religion permeates every facet of the Nigerian society and influences the collective mindset of its people. Religion supposedly makes people good except that the evidence does not support this claim.

whether u like it or not,we most be frank with our self and admit religion is the major factor that decides nigeria' s voting pattern,apart from SW,who are probably more enlightened compared to other regions

as a northerner,80% of the people can't justify what Buhari has done positively and why he should seek to rerun,but they will vote for him merely bcuz of religion

same thing applies to how SE/SS couldn't justify why goodluck jonathan should have been reelected for presidency,other than he was a Christian contesting against a muslim..we might want to lie to our self,sugar coat or be political correct,but these are facts that can't be disputed

let us analyse middle belt(mb)

when I read statements and hear press conference emanating from the middle belt elders claiming to speak on the behalf of the region,i can't help but to laugh at their desperation to score cheap political point..its no different to a bear parlour get together gist,at times I wonder if they just invit journalist to their living room and issue statements so as to play along the hype and feel some sense of importance..

in a deliberate way to decieve people,they intentionally cherry pick and issue half-baked rhetoric for the primitive minds..i cant help to ask,whenever labaran maku,gerry gana,Bala takaya etc are talking on behalf of MB,is it just "Benue and Platue" or also "kogi,Kwara,Niger and Nasarawa"?

I read an article headed "MB blows hot,withdraws support from north"

do they just mean Benue and Platue or MB in general?,bcuz the truth is with the voting pattern decided by religion profiling,it's almost impossible for a norther Muslim to lose generally in that region..take a look

kogi is estimated 60% Muslim
kwara 70%
Niger 70-80%
nasarawa 50%

my estimates may be wrong and I stand to be corrected,but certainly Muslims are in the majority in the states I mentioned above,apart from benue and Platue..so it's safe to say Muslims are the majority,if not,least equal

just like how the fulani' s oligarch used religion to coerce,intimidate,ensalve and deceive hausa,nupe,gear,kanuri into thinking "what is good good for the goose is good for the gander" that's exactly the same scenario they are playing out in the MB bcuz of religion

it's not a coincidence the core north has never tried to placate the MB with an influential political appoint,with all the propaganda and desperate attempt to pit the MB against the core north,bcuz it's not a threat..unlike how they hurridly made obasanjo president and rotation to placate the SW..by infiltrating the MB through religion,they can always check mate benue and platue,if they feel threaten..

using religion as a tool,hausa/fulani will always dictate and enslave the MB,with benue and platue having little or no capability to surmount the gangup..through religion too,they have been penetrating SW successfully

"The conquest to the sea is now in sight. When our god-sent Ahmadu Bello said some years ago that our conquest will reach the sea shores of Nigeria, some idiots in the South were doubting its possibilities. Today have we not reached the sea? Lagos is reached. It remains Port-Harcourt. It must be conquered and taken.” --- Mallam Bala Garuba in WEST AFRICAN PILOT, December 30, 1964.

"This New Nation called Nigeria, should be an estate of our great grandfather, Uthman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the North as willing tools, and the South, as conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us, and never allow them to have control over their future".
Sir Ahmadu Bello, Sardauna of Sokoto in THE PARROT of October 12, 1960

1 Like 1 Share

Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by Shedrack777: 1:28am On Feb 04, 2018
i have a question please
Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by madridguy(m): 1:29am On Feb 04, 2018
Seen.
Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by Cletus77(m): 1:36am On Feb 04, 2018
madridguy:
Seen.
ogah what do you have to say about this?

Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by kings09(m): 2:27am On Feb 04, 2018
So y tryin to wipe dem off d face of d earth
Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by antiflathead: 2:34am On Feb 04, 2018
according to the biased media,but that's far from the truth
kings09:
So y tryin to wipe dem off d face of d earth
Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by EazyMoh(m): 2:41am On Feb 04, 2018
Lies!
Where were you when Sardauna United Northern Nigeria irrespective of religion or ethnicity.
Once there is a leader ready to treat his subjects equally, they'd eventually rally to become United. That was why the so called middlebelt was most annoyed when Sardauna was murdered.
Sardauna also never made that your last quote, it had been debunked several times.
Mynd44

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by trillville(m): 2:42am On Feb 04, 2018
Antiflathead, sorry to say but your write up is rubbish. In the 2003, 2007 and 2011 elections, Buhari lost all states in the MB region but Niger state. I believe he also lost Taraba state in the NE region which shares demographic similarities with MB states. However, In the 2015 electon, Buhari won all the states in the MB region including Benue and Plateau due to Jonathan's unpopularity.

These are the facts and not your fantasies about people voting plainly on religious lines.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by antiflathead: 3:36am On Feb 04, 2018
trillville:
Antiflathead, sorry to say but your write up is rubbish. In the 2003, 2007 and 2011 elections, Buhari lost all states in the MB region but Niger state. I believe he also lost Taraba state in the NE region which shares demographic similarities with MB states. However, In the 2015 electon, Buhari won all the states in the MB region including Benue and Plateau due to Jonathan's unpopularity.

These are the facts and not your fantasies about people voting plainly on religious lines.
Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by antiflathead: 3:37am On Feb 04, 2018
u mean elections that have always been rigged,even yar'adua admitted the election that ushered him was rigged..those elections were only ceremonial..buhari didn't win platue state

keep deluding and trying to lie to urself,but that doesn't change the fact majority of Nigerians vote base on religion
trillville:

Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by antiflathead: 3:45am On Feb 04, 2018
that's like centuries ago,when we had leaders irrespective of tribe and religion,but now the political pattern has drastically changed..or are u trying to say the fulani oligarchy treats the MB equally like the sardauna days!? undecided
EazyMoh:
Lies!
Where were you when Sardauna United Northern Nigeria irrespective of religion or ethnicity.
Once there is a leader ready to treat his subjects equally, they'd eventually rally to become United. That was why the so called middlebelt was most annoyed when Sardauna was murdered.
Sardauna also never made that your last quote, it had been debunked several times.
Mynd44
Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by Omudia11: 5:00am On Feb 04, 2018
Say what you know. There is a video of the last quote on YouTube where the sardauna said it himself.
EazyMoh:
Lies!
Mynd44
Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by QuotaSystem: 5:22am On Feb 04, 2018
Omudia11:
Say what you know. There is a video of the last quote on YouTube where the sardauna said it himself.

Why not post the link if you're sure of what you are saying.

@ OP; despite the fact that there are some merits to your argument, it is highly unwise and provocative to take the North Central people for granted. They should be treated with respect and not dismissed as mere appendages held by the reins of religion.

Diplomacy is key.
Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by Cekpo34(m): 6:52am On Feb 04, 2018
whether u like it or not,we most be frank with our self and admit religion is the major factor that decides nigeria' s voting pattern,apart from SW,who are probably more enlightened compared to other regions

I use to believe same until nysc took me to SW... the truth is, they have a near equilibrium of the two dominant religions in Nigeria. Where Christians are dominant, like Ekiti, what's their voting distribution like? I agree they are enlightened but religion deeply influence their voting trajectory

1 Like

Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by Cekpo34(m): 6:59am On Feb 04, 2018
antiflathead:
that's like centuries ago,when we had leaders irrespective of tribe and religion,but now the political pattern has drastically changed..or are u trying to say the fulani oligarchy treats the MB equally like the sardauna days!? undecided

Your sense of history is poor. All our founding leaders were ethic bigots... The present rot is repercussive of their respective jingoistic tendencies

3 Likes

Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by bloodmoneyspita: 7:18am On Feb 04, 2018
EazyMoh:
Lies!
Mynd44

who debunked it several times grin it's on YouTube
Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by CircleOfWilis: 8:19am On Feb 04, 2018
Its not the state u mentioned that make up middle belt, it cut across taraba, some parts of gombe etc.....check it up
Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by EazyMoh(m): 8:34am On Feb 04, 2018
bloodmoneyspita:

who debunked it several times grin it's on YouTube
Kindly provide the link to the video.
By the way this so called parrot newspaper never seemed to exist anywhere in Nigerian history except this purported Sardauna quote. No single evidence of rebuttal nor backlash from the more educated southerners who owned (and still own) the media towards whom the flagrant insults in the so called interview was directed.
CC omudia11

1 Like 1 Share

Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by EazyMoh(m): 8:40am On Feb 04, 2018
Cekpo34:

Your sense of history is poor. All our founding leaders were ethic bigots... The present rot is repercussive of their respective jingoistic tendencies
You can't claim Sardauna was an ethnic bigot, because he carried every northerner along which made up more than 70% of the diverse ethnic groups in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by malton: 1:01pm On Feb 04, 2018
trillville:

Buhari didn't win in Plateau.
Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by Sealeddeal(m): 1:34pm On Feb 04, 2018
SE has not voted for President because of his Religious inclination. The Support given to Jonathan was because Jonathan is from South South,a region SE believe is part of them. The religious zealots have no significant voting strength in SE.
Igbos Voted for Yaradua, and are presently rooting for Atiku, both of whom are Muslims.
SE opposition against Buhari candidacy was a political calculation to rid Nigeria of savagery,which is being witnessed today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 04, 2018
Bleep
———-

How do you explain how these muslims voted for Good Jonathan massively in 2011 and again in 2015 even though he lost but not by a very wide margin.

How do you reconcile your hypothesis ofteligion dictating voting pattern and this reality?

————

1 Like 1 Share

Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by myettiallah: 1:48pm On Feb 04, 2018
Sai baba 2023
Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by Escravos(m): 2:48pm On Feb 04, 2018
Buhari had no political structures in those states at the time so it was easy to rig him out now he has the structures he lacked in the past so it will be next to impossible to defeat him in those states

1 Like 1 Share

Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by Escravos(m): 2:54pm On Feb 04, 2018
trillville:

Buhari had no political structures in those states so he was easily rigged out
Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by antiflathead: 3:12pm On Feb 04, 2018
trying to distort the truth to suite ur narrative wouldn't change the fact that taraba and gombe are located and based in NE...both stares are officially recognized as NE states

just like how some part of Russia and Turkey cuts across Asia,but they are literally Europeans
CircleOfWilis:
Its not the state u mentioned that make up middle belt, it cut across taraba, some parts of gombe etc.....check it up

1 Like

Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by antiflathead: 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2018
there was absolutely no election in the yr 2011 but a mere ceremonial one,it was a heavily rigged election by the northern governors after going into a pact and agreement for jonathan to serve only 1 term

Buhari had no structure in those states,so it was easy for governors to manipulate the votes

u said "Muslims voted massively for jonathan in 2011"..is it the same Muslims that went on a rampage across northern states,burning everything related to PDP undecided undecided...pls stop deceiving urself,whether u admit it or not,80% vote base on religion
Y0ruba:
Bleep
———-

How do you explain how these muslims voted for Good Jonathan massively in 2011 and again in 2015 even though he lost but not by a very wide margin.

How do you reconcile your hypothesis ofteligion dictating voting pattern and this reality?

————

1 Like

Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by CircleOfWilis: 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
antiflathead:
trying to distort the truth to suite ur narrative wouldn't change the fact that taraba and gombe are located and based in NE...both stares are officially recognized as NE states

just like how some part of Russia and Turkey cuts across Asia,but they are literally Europeans
I hope u know middle belt and north central mean different things....just check it up sir
Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by antiflathead: 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2018
how,pls enlighten me?
CircleOfWilis:
I hope u know middle belt and north central mean different things....just check it up sir
Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by CircleOfWilis: 5:39pm On Feb 04, 2018
antiflathead:
how,pls enlighten me?
the first image is the north central while the second one indicates the middle belt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by Cekpo34(m): 6:47pm On Feb 04, 2018
EazyMoh:

You can't claim Sardauna was an ethnic bigot, because he carried every northerner along which made up more than 70% of the diverse ethnic groups in Nigeria.

Do I need to remind you that he was the worst of them all?
Re: why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North by EazyMoh(m): 7:29pm On Feb 04, 2018
Cekpo34:

Do I need to remind you that he was the worst of them all?
I just explained to you, he couldn't be a bigot and still hold the Internet of the whole northerners at heart, You can't show any single evidence where Sardauna favored a Fulani man over a Tiv. He treated them equally so long you are a northerner.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Ganduje Drinking Tea With Bread By The Roadside (Photo) / Independent Names Ugwuanyi Grassroots Development Governor Of The Year 2018 / Buhari, Atiku Fight Over 7m Igbo Votes In North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.