Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,731 members, 7,844,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Obaseki Tasks Esan Professionals On Sustainable Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Tasks Esan Professionals On Sustainable Development (430 Views)

Biography: Profile Of Dr Folasade Yemi-Esan, New Head Of Service / Bukola Saraki Engages Young Professionals On Key Issues In Nigeria / Governor Obaseki Tasks Esan Professionals On Sustainable Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Tasks Esan Professionals On Sustainable Development by OdionAkghigbe: 10:38pm On Feb 04, 2018
Edo State Governor, Mr Godwin Obaseki has urged professionals of Esan extraction in the state to create solutions and avenues to drive sustainable development in their towns in partnership with government.

Obaseki made the call at the weekend when he met with the executive members of the Association of Esan Professionals (AEP) led by their President, Barr. Mathew Egbadon, at the Government House, Benin City.

Obaseki spoke on issues affecting development in Esan nation, notably, agriculture, healthcare and education, assuring the professionals of his support to drive sustainable development in Esan land.

According to him, “I thank members of the association for finding time to visit me. The association has stood out over the years in providing leadership and direction in Esanland. I recall vividly several years ago, your initiatives in education and other sectors and how you promoted the interest of Esan people through my predecessor, Comrades Adams Oshiomhole. The former governor was then impressed with your commitment to serving the interest of your people.”

Noting that he appreciates the group’s support for the policies of his administration, he said, “I have come to know what the group stands for and the works you have undertaken in the past in the service of the people of Esan origin. I appreciate your support during the election. I believe you supported me because you identified the need for continuity in ensuring sustainable development, with the reform agenda which was started by my predecessor in office.

“We have seen how Lagos state for example has continued to record milestone achievements because of continuity in government policies and programmes for over 16 years.”

“In Edo State, we want to redefine the essence of state and governance. Governance is collective and not a private concern. It is about providing for the general good, caring for everyone and not just for one person or a group of people,” he added.

-photo-
Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State (4th from left, sitting), Barr. Mathew Egbadon (3rd from left, sitting) with members of Association of Esan Professionals and some members of Edo State Executive Council during a courtesy visit of Esan professionals to the governor at Government House, Benin City.

Re: Obaseki Tasks Esan Professionals On Sustainable Development by Mogidi: 11:05pm On Feb 04, 2018
Which Obaseki, the foool that is anti Esan. APC is dead and buried in Esan no propaganda will bring it back.

Meanwhile in another development, APC have lost a whooping 8000 voters to PDP in Etsako (Oshiomhole's backyard)

Read it here:Etsako: 8000 APC Members Including Former Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Decamp To PDP

Re: Obaseki Tasks Esan Professionals On Sustainable Development by samsonoyarenua1: 7:13am On Feb 05, 2018
Obaseki tasks Esan professionals on sustainable development

Edo State Governor, Mr Godwin Obaseki has urged professionals of Esan extraction in the state to create solutions and avenues to drive sustainable development in their towns in partnership with government.

Obaseki made the call at the weekend when he met with the executive members of the Association of Esan Professionals (AEP) led by their President, Barr. Mathew Egbadon, at the Government House, Benin City.

Obaseki spoke on issues affecting development in Esan nation, notably, agriculture, healthcare and education, assuring the professionals of his support to drive sustainable development in Esan land.

According to him, “I thank members of the association for finding time to visit me. The association has stood out over the years in providing leadership and direction in Esanland. I recall vividly several years ago, your initiatives in education and other sectors and  how you promoted the interest of Esan people through my predecessor, Comrades Adams Oshiomhole. The former governor was then impressed with your commitment to serving the interest of your people.”

Noting that he appreciates the group’s support for the policies of his administration, he said, “I have come to know what the group stands for and the works you have undertaken in the past in the service of the people of Esan origin. I appreciate your support during the election. I believe you supported me because you identified the need for continuity in ensuring sustainable development, with the reform agenda which was started by my predecessor in office.

“We have seen how Lagos state for example has continued to record milestone achievements because of continuity in government policies and programmes for over 16 years.”

“In Edo State, we want to redefine the essence of state and governance. Governance is collective and not a private concern. It is about providing for the general good,  caring for everyone and not just  for one person or a group of people,” he added.

PHOTO CAPTION

Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State (4th from left,  sitting), Barr.  Mathew Egbadon (3rd from left,  sitting) with members of Association of Esan Professionals and some members of Edo State Executive Council during a courtesy visit of Esan professionals to the governor at Government House,  Benin City.

Re: Obaseki Tasks Esan Professionals On Sustainable Development by samsonoyarenua1: 7:26am On Feb 05, 2018
Edo links investors, others to farmers, provides safe nets to sustain prices, yield

…to partner French firm on dam project in Ekpoma varsity

Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has said the state has concluded plans to link investors and off-takers of agricultural produce in the state with farmers with sufficient guarantees to ensure prices are stable and yields are high as farmers prepare for the 2018 farming season.

Obaseki disclosed this at the weekend, when he met with the executive members of the Association of Esan Professionals (AEP) at the Government House in Benin City, Edo State.

According to the governor, “farmers in the state now have ready markets to sell their produce at the end of the faming season, as the country has a growing population that needs to be fed.”

He said, “The state government will assist farmers get investors. The government will soon advertise for off-takers of agricultural produce. Those who want to buy agricultural produce at the end of the planting season, will come to Edo to buy from our farmers.” 

“We will attract off-takers who need maize, soya beans and so on, to buy from farmers here. The state government will get the order from the off-takers, how many metric tons of maize they need, what type, and how much are they willing to pay, and match  them with local farmers,” he added.

On new initiatives to improve productivity of farmers in Esanland, he said, “We were in Ambrose Alli University (AAU), Ekpoma to see if they have dams, if we can partner with them and get the French investors to locate their farms there. We are also going round to see if we can get private individuals who have land for pig farming to partner with the investors.”

The governor added that, “We were in France to meet with some of the largest pig farmers who are  coming in with their improved piglets to do business in the state.”

He said that the state government through the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) credit facilities will ensure that agriculture is fully commercailised in the state, adding, “We are helping famers with land to get investors who will do business with them. We have already commenced preparing land for the next farming season. We have the guarantee on ground for farmers.”

He also commended the governor for spareheading the rehabilitation of the Benin -Ekpoma - Auchi road, but appealed for more action on issues confronting the Esan land

PHOTO CAPTION

R-L: Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki; President of the Association of Esan Professionals (AEP), Mr. Mathew Egbadon, former President of the Association, Mr. Michael Osime; and former Vice President, Engr. Elens Samuel Eigbokhan; during the courtesy visit of the executives of AEP to the governor at the Government House, Benin City, Edo State.

Re: Obaseki Tasks Esan Professionals On Sustainable Development by EnEnPeecee: 7:28am On Feb 05, 2018
But in esan land, anything APC is like epidemic. They don't agree with that party at all
Re: Obaseki Tasks Esan Professionals On Sustainable Development by johnefe001(m): 7:42am On Feb 05, 2018

According to him, “I thank members of the association for finding time to visit me. The association has stood out over the years in providing leadership and direction in Esanland. I recall vividly several years ago, your initiatives in education and other sectors and  how you promoted the interest of Esan people through my predecessor, Comrades Adams Oshiomhole. The former governor was then impressed with your commitment to serving the interest of your people.”

“In Edo State, we want to redefine the essence of state and governance. Governance is collective and not a private concern. It is about providing for the general good,  caring for everyone and not just  for one person or a group of people,” he added.

PHOTO CAPTION

Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State (4th from left,  sitting), Barr.  Mathew Egbadon (3rd from left,  sitting) with members of Association of Esan Professionals and some members of Edo State Executive Council during a courtesy visit of Esan professionals to the governor at Government House,  Benin City.

Re: Obaseki Tasks Esan Professionals On Sustainable Development by sundayerebor001: 7:50am On Feb 05, 2018

PHOTO CAPTION

Re: Obaseki Tasks Esan Professionals On Sustainable Development by samsonoyarenua1: 8:44am On Feb 05, 2018
[14:59, 2/3/2018] +234 805 288 5203: Edo PDP: Of Rogues who lacked purpose, insight while in power

In development, there are clear-cut, unbending principles. These often drive the manner in which policies are formed, change is pursued and new habits and behaviours are espoused and championed to engender growth in societies. When such principles are lacking or disregarded, development is often haphazard, doom-fated.

When Nigeria began experimenting with democracy from 1999, it appeared that the rogues that ran government in Edo State cloaked in their uninspiring colours as the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) hadn’t the faintest idea of what it meant to run a state and pivot it on solid strategic pillars for development and growth.

The symptoms of their failure to do this are still very fresh in the memory of the people of Edo State, who in the last few years have been inundated with the solid developmental strides of the All Progressives Congress-led government. Alas, it appears that Edo state came to know the true meaning of democracy only after the APC government came on board and put paid to the many lies that the PDP had claimed, mitigated development in the state.

The malfeasance of the PDP is advertised in many forms and shades. And it is not hard to see from their antecedents that they did not only have the capacity to lead or govern, but that they came into power with just three carefully-planned missions: plunder, steal, and plunder some more. Nothing escaped their litchy fingers. They did this and successfully too. So much so that the people were almost getting used to such as true hallmark of governance.

There is a case in point to buttress this point and to show how impunity was coopted as a tool to muzzle a people that had been deprived of basic dignity. There is the account of how a party chieftain was in the habit of disposing people of their properties in Benin City and deployed violence to intimidate those who dared challenge him.

This character was said to have singled out a man in the Airport Road axis to claim a property the fellow built with his hard-earned money. When this fellow learned of the plot of the PDP thug, he approached the court for redress, to claim what was rightfully his. However, on the day the court was hearing the case, the PDP chieftain stormed the court premises, descended on the plaintiff and beat him to stupor for daring to challenge him in court. Different anecdotes of this nature abound of the regretful years of the PDP in power in Edo State.

Trophies like these – earned from intimidation, theft and graft – that the PDP have to show for their years in office, years marred with the most unimaginable, record-shattering fraud that damaged the dignity of the common man in Edo, years hailed only for ignoble conduct and crass leadership.

So, one wonders why a camp that harbours such devious characters and antecedents still wants power in Edo State or would even summon the courage to challenge a government that is firmly-footed in its purpose to develop the state. If the Governor Godwin Obaseki-led administration or his predecessor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole had continued in the purposeless model of governance espoused by the PDP, maybe that would have given the party a fair chance at gunning for power or to lampoon the present administration.

But when the difference is clear as day, that these people have encountered a team that is way beyond their capabilities, they only need to concede to these superiors, and not go about shamelessly advertising their failure-ridden dossiers in phony tours and dispiriting engagements.

The progress being recorded in Edo State today is not only as a result of the caliber of the people at the helm of affairs, but because development is anchored on strategic developmental principles. At the moment, it is obvious that the rogues have run out of ideas, and are on a tour of shame. In the course of such shameless perambulation, the PDP tells us what noble thing they bequeathed to Edo people and not attempt to poke fingers at an aggressive and purposive team, that is going about doing good, delivering monumental, epoch-making projects to Edo people.

By
Nosakhare Festus
[15:01, 2/3/2018] +234 805 288 5203: Obaseki tasks Esan Professionals on sustainable development

(1) (Reply)

Ogun State Probes Killings By Herdsmen / Lalong Dissolves State Executive Cabinet / We Are Not Beggars And Hunters, Abia Councilors Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.