Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov (4329 Views)

Ban On Foreign Trip: Ihedioha Excluded, IPOB Pencils Down 4 Governors For Attack / Captaiid Mohammed Yelwa Killed By Hoodlums In Port-harcourt, Rivers State. Photo / Governors, Stakeholders "Stockpiling Arms For Elections" - NATFORCE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by Boyooosa(m): 7:13am On Feb 05, 2018
Taraba State’s Governor Darius Ishaku has raised the alarm of a possible attack of his people in 10 days time.

He alleged that helicopters on Wednesday night dropped arms for hoodlums believed to be Fulani herdsmen in the state.

The governor also decried the messy security situation in the state, where the reply you get from security agencies when you alert them of imminent danger, is that they (security agencies) need to clear from Abuja before acting.

This was even as the governor revealed that Taraba State buried 63 people at Lau, the same day that Benue State buried 73 of its people.

Governor Ishaku made this disclosure on Thursday in Jalingo, the state capital, when he received members of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

PDP NWC members, led by the party’s national chairman, Uche Secondus, were in the state to sympathise with the governor and the people of the state over the death of a member of the state House of Assembly, Mr. Hosea Ibi.

“When I assumed office, I asked my people to give me peace and that I would give development in return. Peace is elusive in Taraba, but we have development. Here I am as a governor with a crown, but without a sword.

“You call police and security agencies for help, they will tell you they need to clear from Abuja before acting. Before you know it, you have lost 100 people.

“When you call for help, the help takes ages to come. We need to restructure the security architecture of this country. You take one step forward as the governor, the almighty Federal Government takes you back 10 miles.

“The police we have can’t help themselves. In 10 days’ time, we will be attacked. Helicopters dropped arms here at night for hoodlums. We will talk because if the Federal Government cannot help us, let those who can help us come to our aid.

“Our farmers cannot travel at night with their goods to neighbouring states to sell again. God gave us good land, but we lack common sense. I’m talking now since writing has not produced the desired results. Some of these things are not meant to be said, but we will henceforth be talking.

“We buried 63 people at Lau, the same day that Benue State buried 73 of its people. We are in trouble in this country. If our voices are not heard in Abuja, they can be heard in Kano, Niger Republic, United States of America and other places,” the governor said.

Secondus, who spoke earlier, told the governor that he and members of his team were in the state to condole with the people on the death of the lawmaker.

While noting that “the first duty of any government” which is to provide security for its citizens, the PDP chairman called on the members of the National Assembly to investigate those behind the alleged dropping of arms and expose the perpetrators.

He further urged President Muhammadu Buhari-led government of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to review the country’s security architecture to curb the senseless killings in the country.

https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/helicopters-dropped-arms-herdsmen-preparation-attack-us-gov-ishaku-alleges/amp/
Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 05, 2018
Boyooosa:

Taraba State’s Governor Darius Ishaku has raised the alarm of a possible attack of his people in 10 days time.

He alleged that helicopters on Wednesday night dropped arms for hoodlums believed to be Fulani herdsmen in the state.

The governor also decried the messy security situation in the state, where the reply you get from security agencies when you alert them of imminent danger, is that they (security agencies) need to clear from Abuja before acting.

This was even as the governor revealed that Taraba State buried 63 people at Lau, the same day that Benue State buried 73 of its people.

Governor Ishaku made this disclosure on Thursday in Jalingo, the state capital, when he received members of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

PDP NWC members, led by the party’s national chairman, Uche Secondus, were in the state to sympathise with the governor and the people of the state over the death of a member of the state House of Assembly, Mr. Hosea Ibi.

“When I assumed office, I asked my people to give me peace and that I would give development in return. Peace is elusive in Taraba, but we have development. Here I am as a governor with a crown, but without a sword.

“You call police and security agencies for help, they will tell you they need to clear from Abuja before acting. Before you know it, you have lost 100 people.

“When you call for help, the help takes ages to come. We need to restructure the security architecture of this country. You take one step forward as the governor, the almighty Federal Government takes you back 10 miles.

“The police we have can’t help themselves. In 10 days’ time, we will be attacked. Helicopters dropped arms here at night for hoodlums. We will talk because if the Federal Government cannot help us, let those who can help us come to our aid.

“Our farmers cannot travel at night with their goods to neighbouring states to sell again. God gave us good land, but we lack common sense. I’m talking now since writing has not produced the desired results. Some of these things are not meant to be said, but we will henceforth be talking.

“We buried 63 people at Lau, the same day that Benue State buried 73 of its people. We are in trouble in this country. If our voices are not heard in Abuja, they can be heard in Kano, Niger Republic, United States of America and other places,” the governor said.

Secondus, who spoke earlier, told the governor that he and members of his team were in the state to condole with the people on the death of the lawmaker.

While noting that “the first duty of any government” which is to provide security for its citizens, the PDP chairman called on the members of the National Assembly to investigate those behind the alleged dropping of arms and expose the perpetrators.

He further urged President Muhammadu Buhari-led government of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to review the country’s security architecture to curb the senseless killings in the country.

https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/helicopters-dropped-arms-herdsmen-preparation-attack-us-gov-ishaku-alleges/amp/
Please where are the sai babarians

cc lzaa anonimi

2 Likes

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by ojun50(m): 7:16am On Feb 05, 2018
Buhari nd IG need to be arrested

10 Likes

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by influenz: 7:18am On Feb 05, 2018
When Nnamdi Kanu was talking about these things that will come upon Nigerians, they said it was hate speech

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by dangermouse(m): 7:24am On Feb 05, 2018
Why not trace the place and have the vigilantes surround and round them up.
No need crying up and down,take decisive measures.
They can never defeat you in your country home if you stay woke .

3 Likes

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by jay2pee(m): 7:24am On Feb 05, 2018
Hmmmmm.... The notice has been given and the governor is still talking... He should just arm the youth in form of vigilantes and face this people.... The best form of defense is to attack first

5 Likes

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by EternalTruths: 7:27am On Feb 05, 2018
dangermouse:

You mean the vigilantes the Fulani Police IG wants disbanded so that his brothers will keep up the killings.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by Firefire(m): 7:28am On Feb 05, 2018
ojun50:
Buhari nd IG need to be arrested

I am aligned with your view.

The United Nation needs to come to Nigerians aids.. Genocide on the rise...

5 Likes

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by Donpresh95(m): 7:36am On Feb 05, 2018
WE MUST CHOP THIS CHANGE TOGETHER MY BROTHERS ONYE GBA ỌSỌ MPA YA. IF YOU RUN, YOUR FATHER.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by plessis: 7:42am On Feb 05, 2018
The question is, the north has made their intent to islamize nigeria. What is the South doing in preparation for the incoming invasion by the north?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by mazimee(m): 7:43am On Feb 05, 2018
dangermouse:

jay2pee:
Hmmmmm.... The notice has been given and the governor is still talking... He should just arm the youth in form of vigilantes and face this people.... The best form of defense is to attack first

The same measure that was taken in Benue and IG sent his boys to arrest and tag them criminals?

5 Likes

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by EternalTruths: 7:44am On Feb 05, 2018
plessis:
The question is, the north has made their intent to islamize nigeria. What is the South doing in preparation for the incoming invasion by the north?

Correct question.
Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by LZAA: 7:44am On Feb 05, 2018
imhotep:
Please where are the sai babarians
cc lzaa anonimi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by plessis: 7:48am On Feb 05, 2018
EternalTruths:

Correct question.
it's shocking that we've seen how they've hijacked the security of the country and how they even use the armed forces to perpetuate genocide, but we just fold our hands and do nothing.

What is coming for Southern Nigeria is likely to consume us all.

1 Like

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by EternalTruths: 7:53am On Feb 05, 2018
plessis:
it's shocking that we've seen how they've hijacked the security of the country and how they even use the armed forces to perpetuate genocide, but we just fold our hands and do nothing.

True

1 Like

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by 2cato: 7:54am On Feb 05, 2018
All thes security agencies need to be tied and flog

1 Like

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by powerkey: 7:55am On Feb 05, 2018
plessis:

No. I disagree with you...

it will consume only the Yorubas and the sai babarians.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by bloodmoneyspita: 7:59am On Feb 05, 2018
Oga governor my advice will be to do a mass televised burial and pay journalist to put it in the front page of newspapers.

bring out more dead people from the mortuary to boost the numbers to 215 or 227 people, dead people who can't get befitting burial.

hire a foreign preacher (preferable Catholic) to preside on the burial of those that are dead, a white man that has been in Nigeria for a long time.

All the killings will stop, because their grand patron will not like it because he's contesting next year.

if you can't defend yourself, this is the only thing you can do.
the beast will retreat.

modified:if they attack you about the foreign Catholic priest, play the racist card on them.
the priest would likely be a citizen.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by Mynightmare: 8:08am On Feb 05, 2018
I pray the same fate of those slain by Fulani herdsmen to befell sarrki, ngeneukwenu, Madridguy,omenkalives and other BMC if they do not reset their reasoning ASAP.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by ashjay001(m): 8:15am On Feb 05, 2018
U begin to wonder, what all d security vote is abt

U see other states, kogi, Lagos, pH, all funding police n army to provide, extra security(opmesa et all). Its always d incompetent ones, crying wolf.angry

2 Likes

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 05, 2018
Boyooosa:

you were warned but you preferred to exist in the domain of zombie-ism

6 Likes

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:53am On Feb 05, 2018
Boyooosa:

You take one step forward as the governor, the almighty Federal Government takes you back 10 miles.
Every sane Nigerian knows that! FG is not trying at all especially in the area of protecting the lives of her citizens.

Boyooosa:

“The police we have can’t help themselves.
This one got me laughing but it's the truth!
This IGP is the worst! in fact he is not even hiding his incompetence

His statements is not befitting the status of an IGP of our great country!

hmmmm he is there to serve the Fulani!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by KosiGee(m): 10:54am On Feb 05, 2018
dangermouse:

Why are talking like a novice?? What will the vigilante use to confront them? Have you not been following federal govt’s reaction every time the people mobilise to defend themselves? The army would be there once the cowardly attackers meet resistance from those they want to attack.

This governor is raising alarm now but no one would listen, some people would call him wailer or coward. Nigeria Army would ignore him till Taraba people get frustrated, mobilise and try to defend themselves, that’s when the Army would move in to arrest and detain them.

Enugu state governor made several attempts to reach Abuja just before the fulanis attacked. Did any meaningful response come from federal govt? Vulnerable people were ambushed and killed in the villages, have those criminals been arrested since then?

Who is this Abuja that the governors cry to for help every time attack is imminent?

When will the ugly truth dawn on people. Why do we still live in denial?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by KosiGee(m): 10:58am On Feb 05, 2018
ashjay001:
U begin to wonder, what all d security vote is abt

U see other states, kogi, Lagos, pH, all funding police n army to provide, extra security(opmesa et all). Its always d incompetent ones, crying wolf.angry

Spare the governors. The ‘Abuja people’ that they ask for help are same people who fund, send and support these criminals.

3 Likes

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 05, 2018
All these chickenish governors. Am yet to understand why a governor of a state will be begging abuja to save the lives of his people when he knows it will never happen? Why not damn the Constitution and its consequences and encourage militias like the mambilla boys? Last i heard, the mambilla boys did a good job on those Fulani bastards.

4 Likes

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by HHANDM: 11:45am On Feb 05, 2018

So 63 people were killed by fulani herdsmen and this governor buried them discreetly without raising alarm? Jeez. Some of this governors are idiots.

The country needs to be restructured for effective security and state policing.

1 Like

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by Gpowerstechnlgy(m): 12:44pm On Feb 05, 2018
And so?
Neeeeext!!!!

1 Like

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by dangermouse(m): 12:47pm On Feb 05, 2018
KosiGee:

Why are talking like a novice?? What will the vigilante use to confront them? Have you not been following federal govt’s reaction every time the people mobilise to defend themselves? The army would be there once the cowardly attackers meet resistance from those they want to attack.

This governor is raising alarm now but no one would listen, some people would call him wailer or coward. Nigeria Army would ignore him till Taraba people get frustrated, mobilise and try to defend themselves, that’s when the Army would move in to arrest and detain them.

Enugu state governor made several attempts to reach Abuja just before the fulanis attacked. Did any meaningful response come from federal govt? Vulnerable people were ambushed and killed in the villages, have those criminals been arrested since then?

Who is this Abuja that the governors cry to for help every time attack is imminent?

When will the ugly truth dawn on people. Why do we still live in denial?

Still on the same page.
They can mobilise,hit them and then take cover,... or are you saying they should fold their arms and await there imminent slaughter?

I know what am talking about and people who understands know.

1 Like

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by skyman200(m): 1:22pm On Feb 05, 2018
we must continue to enjoy this regime, buhari till 2023.

1 Like

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by Chiedu4Trump: 1:30pm On Feb 05, 2018
He is saying the truth

Gov Ortom of Benue State says the killers are known and says clearly that the Nigerian govt is involved in these killings. He explained that he has the names of the killers. Ortom went further to say that these are attacks are geared towards taking over the land. He also asked how come nobody can arrest these killers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WATeRHmaiSM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by lastmessenger: 1:36pm On Feb 05, 2018
We are in dare need of state police.

1 Like

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by ReubenE(m): 1:55pm On Feb 05, 2018
bloodmoneyspita:
Oga governor my advice will be to do a mass televised burial and pay journalist to put it in the front page of newspapers.

[b]bring out more dead people from the mortuary to boost the numbers to 215 or 227 people, dead people who can't get befitting burial.

hire a foreign preacher (preferable Catholic) to preside on the burial of those that are dead, a white man that has been in Nigeria for a long time.

All the killings will stop, because their grand patron will not like it because he's contesting next year.[/b]

if you can't defend yourself, this is the only thing you can do.
the beast will retreat.

modified:if they attack you about the foreign Catholic priest, play the racist card on them.
the priest would likely be a citizen.
You are a very good strategist.
Putting the dead in the mortuary into good use. The mortuary must also contribute to national growth, you know!

(1) (2) (Reply)

CJN Will Not Appear Before CCT On Monday — NJC Tells Buhari / Children's Day: Kalu Wants Stringent Punishment For Perpetrators Of Child Abuse / IMF Reviews Nigeria’s Growth Upwards To 3.2%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.