Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,057 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Oh Telenovela! What Have You Caused To Our Beautiful Homes? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Oh Telenovela! What Have You Caused To Our Beautiful Homes? (365 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Hosts Private Screening For Showmax Nigeria Telenovela, Wura / BBNaija: What Tobi Said That Caused CeeC To Insult The Hell Out Of Him / Fooled Into Love (amores Trampa) Telenovela (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oh Telenovela! What Have You Caused To Our Beautiful Homes? by Akorligist: 5:50pm On Feb 05, 2018
“I’m hard press for time. You better walk fast or clear off from my path. I won’t forgive you if you cause me to miss this week’s episode of my telenovela.”

That was Ama shouting on an octogenarian who has impeded Ama’s movement. That was because the old lady was walking slowly owing to her old age.

This is the generation we have brought forth. Morality has been eroded and stripped down to its skeletal shame.

I have no problem with these telenovelas being televised. The tenacity with which we adore and worship them to the detriment of our socio-cultural life these days is the problem.
Mothers are rushing from their workplaces to their homes to catch a glimpse of telenovela; shopkeepers have become deaf to calls because they’re busily watching telenovela; the little kid has no respect for the elderly because she sees no wrong mimicking her favourite telenovela star.

The kid has no respect for family business meetings, family worships, family travels, does not do school assignment all because he/she does not want to miss a single scene of the telenovela.

What is becoming of us as a family, as a community, as a society and as a nation?

Our generation seems to...............

*FULL POST HERE:* http://www.akorli.ml/2018/02/oh-telenovela-what-have-you-caused-to.html

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Ahneeka And Angel Has Been Evicted / Full List Of 2018 Oscar Winners / #BBNaija: WATCH How And Why Angel And Ahneeka Got Evicted From Bbnaija 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.