Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors (26392 Views)

Innoson Motors (IVM) Commissions Her New LNG/CNG Vehicles / Innoson Motors Delivers 77 New Vehicles To FRSC - Exclusive Images / Innoson Motors Officially Unveils New Brands Of SUVs In Anambra (see Prices) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by AutoReportNG: 3:46am On Feb 06, 2018
Innoson is no stranger to many Nigerians. To some, he is strong where many dread, to some he is a businessman that is never afraid to experiment and try new ideas even when the journey may look quite uneventful. Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, please join us as we look into the lives, time, story of how Innoson motors and group was established, the facts, the gist and many more.

Introduction

An Indian adage says, "Pursue Excellence and success will chase you, pants down" such can be said of Innocent Chukwuma Ifediaso (Innoson).

Everyone who ever made it past the million dollar mark started with a plan, and this starts with the individual identifying a great opportunity and taking advantage of it.

Being at the right place, at the right time, and taking the right actions changes everything from your life, to your goals, financial status, and achievements.

This success story is about Innocent Chukwuma Ifediaso, a multi-million Dollar Nigerian entrepreneur who went from selling spare parts as far back as 1979 to build a large conglomerate that manufactures motorcycles, tricycles, spare parts, tyres, cars, and many other commodities.

In The Beginning

Just like an average Nigeria home, Innocent was the last of 6 children of his family, he was born in Nnewi, Anambra State, In 1961 to Mr and Mrs Chukwuma Mojekwu.

In 1978 after he was done with his secondary school education, Innocent Chukwuma applied to study Engineering at the university. He waited for a while to get his admission results before resorting to working at his elder brother’s (Gabriel) medicine store. When his university application results were finally out, he didn’t make the cut, and so couldn’t get in that year.

As the university admission did not work out, he decided to get busy and he used that period to work for his brother who has a store just as the case of an average Igbo guy. He realised he had a natural talent for trading, and so moved on to serve Chief Romanus Eze Onwuka, where he learnt a trade.

A year later, in 1979, Innocent left his boss and returned to his brother, Gabriel. During which he registered a business called Gabros International. The business was funded by his brother to the tune of 3,000 Naira ($10; which had a considerably higher value back then), and traded in motorcycle spare parts.

With the total freedom to run the business his own way, Innocent rented a shop and started purchasing merchandise.

By the end of 1980, Innocent and his elder brother, Gabriel, took a thorough account of everything the medicine store and the spare part business were making and realised that Gabros International was making 10 times more money than the medicine store.

The Breakthrough

According to Vanguard Newspaper, When Innocent Chukuma personally ventured into motorcycle sales, he realised that most people were importing used motorcycles into Nigeria and that their prices were really high. This prompted him to devise a way to bring in brand new motorcycles into the country, at a price far lower than the used motorcycles.

With this goal, he took a trip abroad to see how it was all done. He realised there were four companies bringing in the motorcycles at the time. These were Leventis, Yamaco, Boulous, and CFAO. He noticed that when they imported the motorcycles, they’d bring them in crates, and each crate could only contain one motorcycle, which would take up a lot of space. This meant only 40 crates could be put into a 40 feet container, and upon arrival, the motorcycles would become naturally expensive to buyers.

This insight gave a great idea. He would purchase the motorcycles overseas, and disassemble them before he shipped them. This enabled him to ship 200 motorcycles in parts, in one 40 feet container. Upon arrival, he’d reassemble them, and his motorcycles would cost 40% lesser than his competitors' prices. This tactic brought down the average cost of a motorcycle from 150,000 Naira to 60,000 Naira, and subsequently exploded his sales and revenues.

Just like Oliver Twist, Innoson wants some more and so he decided to do some more research on how to reduce the cost of importation and see another way to devise and make life more easier. As he imported the motorcycles, he realized they usually contained a lot of plastics. This eventually prompted him to set up a plastic factory in Nigeria, which is now one of the largest in Africa.

Innoson Motors

It is on this success of motorcycles that Mr. Innocent decided to set up a vehicle manufacturing company called Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM), which manufactures trucks, SUVs, buses, sedans, and even spare parts for the Nigerian army’s fighter jets. Recently it was reported that Innoson Motors have started producing vehicles for the Nigerian Army, Police and many more.

Facts

While it is worthy of note to give credit to Mr Innocent who has weathered the storm and how he was able to beat his competitors to their game despite having the money, the influence and technological power more than him, we felt it will be good to note the following:

Innoson is not a car manufacturing company, instead what they do is similar to what they did to the motorcycles brand and this is where they import a car which has been dismantled and they have to assemble it back as a whole car here in Nigeria, as Innoson does not have a factory for producing cars, engines or anything that has to do with car production in Nigeria. The term for this is called CKD (Complete Knocked-Down cars). Innoson has partnerships with more of these auto firms in China and all over the world.

The Innoson Brand

Today, Innocent Chukwuma has diversified investments in manufacturing, such as:

* Innoson Nigeria Limited Nnewi; manufacturers of motorcycles, tricycles, spare parts and accessories
* Innoson Tech. & Industries Co. Ltd Enugu; manufacturers of Household and Industrial Plastics, Health & Safety Accessories, Storage Containers, Fixtures & Fittings, Electrical Components & Accessories
* Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Nnewi; manufacturers of Capacity City Buses, Mini & Midi Buses, Pick-Up Trucks and Garbage Collecting Vehicles
* General Tyres & Tubes Co. Ltd Enugu; manufacturers of Tyres and Tubes.

Credits
Vanguard, StartUpDaily, Innoson, Wikipedia

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2018/02/innoson-story-journey-and-truth-about.html

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by AutoReportNG: 3:47am On Feb 06, 2018
I think this man has to be called a man that dare to challenge the status quo cheesycheesycheesycheesy

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by manuel4real(m): 4:14am On Feb 06, 2018
Please can someone help me out

https://www.nairaland.com/4332132/how-resolve

1 Like

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by OneCorner: 5:24am On Feb 06, 2018
So I was going to Ife today and saw a billboard along the road where Oluwo of Iwo was urging Nigerians to patronize made in Nigeria with his newly purchased ivm Jeep and I was like... dafuck is wrong with igbos?
A little business deal went wrong and immediately, our Jewish brothers switched it to Yoruba man attacking Igbo man cuz a Yoruba man doesn't like an Igbo man
Amarabae quickly called her dad to go and close his bank with gtb because gtb is owned by Yoruba and she perceive gtb was attacking Innoson because he's Igbo... So many other Igbos did the same too.

Now the question is, why do Igbos always believe everything is about being Igbo?
If they say, ban suya, the average Igbo man will interprete it as someone not wanting them to eat suya.
if they say, 3rd mainland will be closed today for repairs, an average Igbo man will say they purposely did it so Igbos will not pass not thinking it's a public road where everyone pass.

Igbos, is it selfishness or what?

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by datola: 9:47am On Feb 06, 2018
Up Innoson!

1 Like

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by benuejosh: 9:48am On Feb 06, 2018
Has he settled his case with EFCC?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by teebaxy(m): 9:48am On Feb 06, 2018
ok
Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by simplemach(m): 9:48am On Feb 06, 2018
Free biafra and industrialize Africa

12 Likes

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by Ekowise(m): 9:48am On Feb 06, 2018
Proud of IVM

2 Likes

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by Donald3d(m): 9:49am On Feb 06, 2018
OneCorner:
So I was going to Ife today and saw a billboard along the road where Oluwo of Iwo was urging Nigerians to patronize made in Nigeria with his newly purchased ivm Jeep and I was like... dafuck is wrong with igbos?
A little business deal went wrong and immediately, our Jewish brothers switched it to Yoruba man attacking Igbo man cuz a Yoruba man doesn't like an Igbo man
Amarabae quickly called her dad to go and close his bank with gtb because gtb is owned by Yoruba and she perceive gtb was attacking Innoson because he's Igbo... So many other Igbos did the same too.

Now the question is, why do Igbos always believe everything is about being Igbo?
If they say, ban suya, the average Igbo man will interprete it as someone not wanting them to eat suya.
if they say, 3rd mainland will be closed today for repairs, an average Igbo man will say they purposely did it so Igbos will not pass not thinking it's a public road where everyone pass.

Calm down na
Na superiority complex dey worry most of them .
They fail to remember that being good/bad,nice/wicked,excellent/mediocre has to do with a persons character and attitude to life and not where they are from .
I have seen shitty Igbo people just as I have seen nice and straight headed ones
I have seen shitty Yoruba people just as I have seen nice and straight headed ones

The earlier we start seeing each human as an individual without bringing in tribal or religious sentiments the better for us .
In other word if someone is shitty, they are shitty because they choose to be and their tribe has got nothing to do with it , after all there are right thinking individuals in that same tribe

God help us , its one of the major problems we have as a country -Tribal sentiments

Here we go :
Iheomabuchi:

Because igbo's are the best.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by LasGidiOwner: 9:52am On Feb 06, 2018
Proudly made in the United State of Anambra(USA)

We lead the entire black race.

God bless Innoson

God Bless Anambra- the light of the entire black race.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by nwabobo: 9:53am On Feb 06, 2018
OneCorner:

I didn't see anywhere the Innoson/GTB crisis was turned to Igbo vs Yoruba by the Igbo. The campaign to close accounts with GTB wasn't a call to close accounts with Yoruba banks. Some who closed accounts with GTB moved their accounts to Stanbic, Skye, First bank and some other largely Yoruba banks.

It was Igbo vs GTB and not Igbo vs Yoruba.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 06, 2018
God make me bigger than this man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by Ajewealth123(m): 9:54am On Feb 06, 2018
OneCorner:
A little business deal went wrong and immediately, our Jewish brothers switched it to Yoruba man attacking Igbo man cuz a Yoruba man doesn't like

an igbo mans brain is wired differently.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by Donald3d(m): 9:56am On Feb 06, 2018
nwabobo:

I didn't see anywhere the Innoson/GTB crisis was turned to Igbo vs Yoruba by the Igbo. The campaign to close accounts with GTB wasn't a call to close accounts with Yoruba banks. Some who closed accounts with GTB moved their accounts to Stanbic, Skye, First bank and some other largely Yoruba banks.

Either way it doesnt make sense , they were into business and they had a disagreement .
So it should be treated that way -business, without bringing tribal sentiments into it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by victorvezx(m): 9:57am On Feb 06, 2018
This is the truth we have bring saying. I laugh at those Ipob touts and igbos that think Innosin manufactures his cars. He is just assembling them. Nothing special there. He can't manufacture any parts, he can't manufacture even the tires, talk less of engine, he imports everything and assemble it in Nigeria. It's the same way they lie to themselves that the biafrans were so intelligent that they built tanks and aircraft, which is just lie they tell themselves to raise their Ego

6 Likes

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by Iheomabuchi: 9:58am On Feb 06, 2018
OneCorner:

Because igbo's are the best.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 06, 2018
OneCorner:

K
I.g.b.o a.m.a.k.a grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 06, 2018
victorvezx:
This is the truth we have bring saying. I laugh at those Ipob touts and igbos that think Innosin manufactures his cars. He is just assembling them. Nothing special there. He can't manufacture any parts, he can't manufacture even the tires, talk less of engine, he imports everything and assemble it in Nigeria. It's the same way they lie to themselves that the biafrans were so intelligent that they built tanks and aircraft, which is just lie they tell themselves to raise their Ego
So which car have you produced

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by KrystosCJ(m): 10:00am On Feb 06, 2018
OneCorner:

How does your post relate to OP's story? Why derail?

11 Likes

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by Okewa(m): 10:01am On Feb 06, 2018
P
Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by mekonglobal(m): 10:02am On Feb 06, 2018
That man should serve as an inspiration cum role model 2 many Nigerian youths.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by ameri9ja: 10:03am On Feb 06, 2018
Point is he is providing JOBS regardless of anything else while politicians are only thieving.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by victorvezx(m): 10:04am On Feb 06, 2018
imhotep:

So which car have you produced
Which car have igbos manufactured from start to finish as u people ignorantly claim?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by cogbuagu: 10:05am On Feb 06, 2018
Ok
Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 06, 2018
I wanna use this opportunity to say big thanks to Nigerians,companies, firms, individuals, the Senate, the judiciary, The state governments, the federal government and other African nations for making the innoson brand a success story,

In Abuja Nigerian ministries departments and agencies are patronizing the brand, the Nigerian airforce, the Nigerian army, national population commission, road safety, civil defense, corporate bodies, unions, associations, religious bodies, silver bird group, etc,

I was equally perplexingly astounded to see a kaduna agency patronizing innoson in kd, even in kano,
Our royal fathers are not left out, Oba oluwo etc,

We appreciate your patronage, pls never get tired of patronizing innoson, for it will always be nice doing business with you,

Ese,
Nagode,
Imela,
Gracias,
Xiexie,
Dhanyavaad,
Merci beaucoup!

11 Likes

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by Efewestern: 10:13am On Feb 06, 2018
nwabobo:

here they go again.. so you mean all the e-war that we read online about igbos insulting yorubas are all lies?, oshare behave.

we all saw what one woman girl called ****bae was was doing on very thread related to innoson and gtb saga.

we all saw everything.

1 Like

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by rexnuelll: 10:14am On Feb 06, 2018
Igbo Amaka!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:15am On Feb 06, 2018
OneCorner:

You carry craze com dis early morning

4 Likes

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by eodavids(m): 10:16am On Feb 06, 2018
embarassed
OneCorner:

Nota bene: DO NOT TAKE WHAT HAPPENS IN NAIRALAND AS A REAL LIFE SITUATION.

YOU WILL BE MISTAKING IF YOU REACT TO SOCIAL MEDIA GOSSIPS THIS WAY. TO BE EASY ON YOURSELF, THRIVIALIZE SOCIAL MEDIAN COMMENTS.

WE ALL KNOW THE PSEUDONYMOUS, UNANIMOUS AND INCOGNITO THAT CHARACTERIZES SOCIAL MEDIA PERSONALITIES. FAKE PEOPLE, FAKE COMMENTS, FAKE IMPRESSIONS.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 06, 2018
victorvezx:

Which car have igbos manufactured from start to finish as u people ignorantly claim?
LMAO
You did not answer the question: which car have you produced?

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? / Would You Buy This 1987 Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 For N55million? (photos) / Innoson To Begin Manufacturing Of Low Cost Vehicles In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.