Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,236 members, 7,839,252 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Relocating Back Home - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating Back Home (667 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Nigerians In Syria, Are You Back Home?? / Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating Back Home by Meddler(f): 3:50pm On Apr 19, 2010
I'm thinking about relocating back to Nigeria after studying and working in the US. My parents reside in Abuja.
What is the job market like. Where can I find affordable flats/apartments. Not looking for anything flashy. Just looking for a nice, safe place to rent.

What's a decent place to live at? I guess my main concern is NEPA and water which is why i'm still a little hesistant about making the move.

I keep hearing that you need a plan in place before you make the move. Is it possible to get a job offer even without being present in the country. Any advice/help will be appreciated.

What can you tell me about Abuja because I haven't been back in ages. When I stayed in abuja (H.S days). It was very nice but I heard that it is a lot different now and very congested.
My post is not very coherent but please bear with me. Thanks again.

I
Re: Relocating Back Home by nattyspice: 7:36pm On Apr 19, 2010
what?,when nairalanders are struggling to check out you still want to come back to this accident waiting to happen called Naija.please my brother stay and find something (even na taxi driver) dey do.You can come during xmas and visit your parents.
Re: Relocating Back Home by freeman07(m): 8:33pm On Apr 19, 2010
@ meddler, if its for job, I advise you to start applying online. since you have an international degree, you will not have troubles gettting good jobs with good pay too. goodluck.
@nattyspice
we are all suppose to travel abroad, learn skills and come back to contribute to (or correct) the situation in Naija.
Naija is our home
Re: Relocating Back Home by Meddler(f): 7:29pm On Apr 20, 2010
any idea what job boards I can use? Won't i be required to attend the interview in person? I only have a bachelor's degree how would that affect me? Thanks
Re: Relocating Back Home by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 20, 2010
@meddler,
nattyspice has said it all, there r no JOBS in 9ja. But if u insist, come and c it ursef.
Re: Relocating Back Home by morpheus24: 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2010
@ meddler

There are a lot of facts to consider when relocating. As previously advised, you must plan ahead. You will need a good sum of money to start off.
AS far as accomodation. If you can bunk with you parents for a while that will be a good idea and then go from there exploring relatively good places to stay in. this will safe you a lot of hassle.

I would recommend Wuse II, a little pricey but the benefits of staying here pays out in the long run. You are probably looking at flats from N900,000/year.

When you finally get in and have aclimitaized for a couple of months you need to start making contacts and looking for a job(while of course living off your savings int he mean time).

If you do not find a job immediatley I suggest using your survival skills or your comparative advantage to start turning a profit.

If you have the patience and the drive you will make it in Nigeria.
Re: Relocating Back Home by Meddler(f): 9:18pm On Apr 20, 2010
@Tamita
Wow is it really that bad? I'm kinda scared now lol.

And Morpheous thanks for the advise.

Jeez that's just down right sad. Are there no young working class people in Nigeria anymore. I guess once you leave Naija never plan on returning. That's a real downer.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cheapest Flight Fares Please / Hotels In Fetac,how Much Per Night(urgently) / Honeymoon In Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.