Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Chip Unlocked Iphones-pros And Cons - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Chip Unlocked Iphones-pros And Cons (3536 Views)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Rooted Phones / What Is The Difference Between Factory And Chip Unlocked Iphones / Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chip Unlocked Iphones-pros And Cons by doctape: 10:07pm On Feb 06, 2018
Please having compared prices of iPhones I have found the chip unlocked iphones particularly cheaper than factory unlocked. My question is why the big difference. Has it any disadvantages in particular? Please enlighten me
Re: Chip Unlocked Iphones-pros And Cons by MarkWayne89: 11:40am On Feb 07, 2018
A chip unlock uses a "chip" to fool the device that is using the correct SIM card. Whereas a factory unlocked one is 100% unlocked.

For you as the user, there is no major difference between the two, however, a Chip unlocked phone may not receive internet over the network. So if you plan on getting one, make sure it connects to the Internet via mobile data.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Nigerian A World Renowned Tech Guru, Who Co-designed Iphone & Ipad's XL / Just Got The Redmi 13c / Tecno Is Gradually Taken It's Among The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.