Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,696 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

What Is The Difference Between Factory And Chip Unlocked Iphones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is The Difference Between Factory And Chip Unlocked Iphones (7483 Views)

Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? / Chip Unlocked Iphones-pros And Cons / The Difference Between Glo Data Plans And Other Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Factory And Chip Unlocked Iphones by GoldenBeast: 3:08pm On Nov 05, 2019
Good day Nairalanders ,
I am willing to buy an iPhone Xs max (my first iPhone), and I have been seeing multiple adverts here selling the chip unlocked iPhones at cheaper price and the Factory unlocked at standard price.

So can anyone please tell me the difference between the two Phones?

Cc:- Lalasticlala
Lekanberry
Re: What Is The Difference Between Factory And Chip Unlocked Iphones by GoldenBeast: 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
CC:-
btrocky09

Thetechhub

amisubiola

Shinner2010

Freshlagosboy

Oluoxide2

Elbreezy

Paroh

Rakiticbarca

dealhunter

cutelukz

Thanks in Advance
Re: What Is The Difference Between Factory And Chip Unlocked Iphones by Lekanberry(m): 4:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
GoldenBeast:
Good day Nairalanders ,
I am willing to buy an iPhone Xs max (my first iPhone), and I have been seeing multiple adverts here selling the chip unlocked iPhones at cheaper price and the Factory unlocked at standard price.

So can anyone please tell me the difference between the two Phones?

Cc:- Lalasticlala
Lekanberry
Re: What Is The Difference Between Factory And Chip Unlocked Iphones by Oluoxide2(m): 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2019
GoldenBeast:
CC:-
btrocky09

Thetechhub

amisubiola

Shinner2010

Freshlagosboy

Oluoxide2

Elbreezy

Paroh

Rakiticbarca

dealhunter

cutelukz

Thanks in Advance
https://www.nairaland.com/1419502/difference-factory-unlocked-iphone-chip
Re: What Is The Difference Between Factory And Chip Unlocked Iphones by GoldenBeast: 8:13am On Nov 06, 2019

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Factory And Chip Unlocked Iphones by dhannyson(m): 12:02am On Nov 07, 2019
i will strongly advise you not to buy a chip phone
factory phones are phone manufacturer produces for global sales which means it can use any sim card. those are the phones that when u buy u just insert your sim then u start using it right away, most phones nowadays are factory phones.

CHIP PHONES on the other hand chip phones are branded phones by service providers like verizon, at&t, sprint, mtn, etisalat et.c. these phones are not made for global use. they're meant to be used under their network only. these sets of phones need chip to be attached to the simcard panel in other to sim cards outside their branded network can be used on the phone.

its just like buying an etisalat branded phone, you can use glo sim on it cos it made for etibaba..

the thing about the chip is that it doesn't not last. and it very expensive it cost about 5-7k and you may have to buy it 3 times in 4 month

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Factory And Chip Unlocked Iphones by laivwire(m): 8:16pm On Jan 18, 2020
dhannyson:
i will strongly advise you not to buy a chip phone
factory phones are phone manufacturer produces for global sales which means it can use any sim card. those are the phones that when u buy u just insert your sim then u start using it right away, most phones nowadays are factory phones.

CHIP PHONES on the other hand chip phones are branded phones by service providers like verizon, at&t, sprint, mtn, etisalat et.c. these phones are not made for global use. they're meant to be used under their network only. these sets of phones need chip to be attached to the simcard panel in other to sim cards outside their branded network can be used on the phone.

its just like buying an etisalat branded phone, you can use glo sim on it cos it made for etibaba..

the thing about the chip is that it doesn't not last. and it very expensive it cost about 5-7k and you may have to buy it 3 times in 4 month
Why?? Do you update your OS that frequently? undecided
Re: What Is The Difference Between Factory And Chip Unlocked Iphones by Necksonnel: 11:41am On Jan 20, 2020
Just buy factory unlocked phone and save yourself the wahala. Nothing like something direct from factory. Don't think about the money

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Track My Stolen Tecno Camon CM / Tecno Pop 2 Power Vs Itel P32 And Tecno Pop1 Pro / Share Your Sms & Mms Messages Here. All Kinds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.