Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

I Miss Being A Christian - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Miss Being A Christian (2526 Views)

As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / The Place Of God’s Word In The Life Of A Christian Youth / Benevolent Muslims In The House! A Christian Needs To Eat Sallah Ram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Miss Being A Christian by Shukusheka(m): 11:55pm On Feb 07, 2018
Ishilove:

It is from a charcoal black pot that we bring out white 'eko'/agidi (cornmeal)
Not bad Ishi.

1 Like

Re: I Miss Being A Christian by MuttleyLaff: 11:58pm On Feb 07, 2018
Emmanystone:
This is the gathering of the ungodly.
*****Walksoutofthethread****

MuttleyLaff:
Inu ikoko dudu, lẹko fufun tin jade

Emmanystone:
Ishilove my dearest, pls i need you to interpret what is said here.
Thanks mightily.

Ishilove:
It is from a charcoal black pot that we bring out white 'eko'/agidi (cornmeal)

Emmanystone:
Oh, thanks dear. I know i can depend on you.

Emmanystone:
How does this relate?
Even among gathering of the ungodly, there is good
Even among gathering of the ungodly, there is God

John 18:12-14 - Gathering of the ungodly #1 (i.e. Jesus brought before Annas, the Father-in-law of Caiaphas the High Priest)
Luke 22:54-65 - Gathering of the ungodly #2 (i.e. Jesus brought before Caiaphas, the High Priest)
Luke 22:66-71 - Gathering of the ungodly #3 (i.e. Jesus brought before the Sanhedrin (Jewish Council))
Luke 23:1-7 - Gathering of the ungodly #4 (i.e. Jesus brought before Pontius Pilate for the first time)
Luke 23:8-12 - Gathering of the ungodly #5 (i.e. Jesus brought before Herod Antipas the Governor of Galilee and Perea)
Luke 23:13-25 - Gathering of the ungodly #6 (i.e. Jesus brought before Pontius Pilate for the second time)

It's better to strike a match and light a candle than curse the darkness or just like that, walk out of the thread
Re: I Miss Being A Christian by Emmanystone: 12:01am On Feb 08, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

John 18:12-14 - Gathering of the ungodly #1 (i.e. Jesus brought before Annas, the Father-in-law of Caiaphas the High Priest)
Luke 22:54-65 - Gathering of the ungodly #2 (i.e. Jesus brought before Caiaphas, the High Priest)
Luke 22:66-71 - Gathering of the ungodly #3 (i.e. Jesus brought before the Sanhedrin (Jewish Council))
Luke 23:1-7 - Gathering of the ungodly #4 (i.e. Jesus brought before Pontius Pilate for the first time)
Luke 23:8-12 - Gathering of the ungodly #5 (i.e. Jesus brought before Herod Antipas the Governor of Galilee and Perea)
Luke 23:13-25 - Gathering of the ungodly #6 (i.e. Jesus brought before Pontius Pilate for the second time)

It's better to strike a match and light a candle than curse the darkness or just like that, walk out of the thread
Jesus was BROUGHT INTO THE GATHERING OF THE ungodly. If he had gone to feast with them, mingling and
Re: I Miss Being A Christian by Shukusheka(m): 12:03am On Feb 08, 2018
Emmanystone:

How does this relate?
if a white pap can come from a black pot, why do you think you can't find godliness in an "ungodly" place.

2 Likes

Re: I Miss Being A Christian by Emmanystone: 12:06am On Feb 08, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Jesus was BROUGHT INTO THE GATHERING OF THE ungodly. If he had gone to feast with them, mingling with them while they disparaged his Father Abba, then this your post will hold water sir.

See, these people are disrespectful to Jesus, so, i will try to do what Psalm 1 warns.

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psalm:1:1

You try to.lit a candle, the demons in them who hates the lights begins insulting Jesus.

They hate light because their acts are darkness. Let them enjoy their darkness.
Re: I Miss Being A Christian by Emmanystone: 12:09am On Feb 08, 2018
Shukusheka:
if a white pap can come from a black pot, why do you think you can't find godliness in an "ungodly" place.
And the Holy Spirit says 'Come out from Amongst them...

Sir, Jesus never comes down to our standards because He needs to save us, He raises us up to His.
Re: I Miss Being A Christian by Ishilove: 12:11am On Feb 08, 2018
Emmanystone:

Oh, thanks dear. I know i can depend on you.
Uwc
Re: I Miss Being A Christian by MuttleyLaff: 12:46am On Feb 08, 2018
Emmanystone:
Jesus was BROUGHT INTO THE GATHERING OF THE ungodly.
If he had gone to feast with them, mingling with them while they disparaged his Father Abba, then this your post will hold water sir.
Jesus hung out with Judas, didnt He?
What was Judas? Godly or ungodly?

Anyway, going with your point of view that Jesus was BROUGHT INTO THE GATHERING OF THE ungodly,
make no mistake, Jesus was BROUGHT INTO THE GATHERING OF THE ungodly, because He allowed it
just liked you allowed yourself to peep into the thread after catching the thread title

Now tell, which one out of the six gatherings I posted wasnt God disparaged in?

Emmanystone:
See, these people are disrespectful to Jesus, so, i will try to do what Psalm 1 warns.

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly,
nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

Psalm:1:1
If you werent someone I know or an acquitance of mine, I would be tempted to say, you're quoting bible verse(s) like a learner
Psalm 1:1 isnt a defence nor an excuse, not to set the record straight for other quietly watching invisible and unspoken readers

Emmanystone:
You try to.lit a candle, the demons in them who hates the lights begins insulting Jesus
It's just water off a duck's back.
Insulting Jesus poses no difficulty, threat, or risk to you, me nor Jesus.

Emmanystone:
They hate light because their acts are darkness.
Let them enjoy their darkness
Eh nau, as you're the atheist malcontents' judge, jury and executioner

Grace isn't a little prayer you say before receiving a meal, it's a way to live
Grace is when somebody disparages what you hold dear and you aim to understand their situation instead of abruptly writing them off
God's grace carries me on through the trials of every day and it's no different to every thread I check out

Shukusheka:

Emmanystone:
And the Holy Spirit says 'Come out from Amongst them...
Sir, Jesus never comes down to our standards because He needs to save us, He raises us up to His.
God came down to our standard because He needs to save us

Jesus, whom I call Mr Relationship, believes so much in relationship, He goes to any length to build a relationship(s)
Jesus humbles Himself and goes to down to any level, to build relationships
It is once and/or after Jesus gets our attention that He raises us up to His and empowering us to be like Him
I can proffer bible verses of instances of these upon whoever requests

1 Like

Re: I Miss Being A Christian by Emmanystone: 10:18am On Feb 08, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Jesus hung out with Judas, didnt He?
What was Judas? Godly or ungodly?
Bros nah. Judas was added to the fold to fulfill the Master Mission on earth. The Master said to the Disciples, 'Did i know chose the 12 of you? But one of you is a thief'. Jesus picked him knowing he was a thief.

See? I had a problem with that sometime ago. I asked the Master why He picked Judas know he was a thief.

He asked me to define 'Betrayal'. I did. He went on to say. If someone who is not an insider, someone who eats with you on the same table, sleeps with you in the sane house, Knows when you come in or go out. Someone you trust betrays you, it won't be counted as betrayal.

For it to be painful, then the person must be close and trusted. He went to on to say, He gave Judas the office of money management for him(Judas) to exhibit his trait and be justified as a son of perdition.

With all the teachings, signs and wonders he saw the Master performed, he remained a thief. Be knew the Master could read thoughts and know what is in our minds, but he went on stealing. Not once was he rebuked by the Lord. All these was to proof that he was an irredeemable Son of perdition. A Seed of satan just like must of the goons in this thread.

MuttleyLaff:

Anyway, going with your point of view that Jesus was BROUGHT INTO THE GATHERING OF THE ungodly,
make no mistake, Jesus was BROUGHT INTO THE GATHERING OF THE ungodly, because He allowed it
just liked you allowed yourself to peep into the thread after catching the thread title
cheesy. Ues He did. But His attitude while in their midst should tell us more. Did He did become part of what they said or did in that gathering? No. He ignored them for the most part. I actually followed you into here. I read your comment so i had to see what the ungodly said. Don't get me wrong, i have issues with them doing their things, but am not obliged to join them. I owe them one thing, 'Prayers', that i do and leave them to Him who has the Power of conviction.
MuttleyLaff:

This is not clear.

MuttleyLaff:

If you werent someone I know or an acquitance of mine, I would be tempted to say, you're quoting bible verse(s) like a learner
Psalm 1:1 isnt a defence nor an excuse, not to set the record straight for other quietly watching invisible and unspoken readers
Still not clear here.
MuttleyLaff:

It's just water off a duck's back.
Insulting Jesus poses no difficulty, threat, or risk to you, me nor Jesus
No, it doesn't, but that doesn't mean i shd keep their company nau.
Bad company corrupts good manners nau.
I was banned becos i said S.eun was Sad, why? He doesn't like when people say uncommonly things about him. Why shd be smiling when people say uncommonly things about my Father?
MuttleyLaff:

Eh nau, as you're the atheist malcontents' judge, jury and executioner
Yes i am malcontent about their attitudes, but am neither their judge or executioner. All i said was, I didn't want to keep their company. Don't i have the right to be where i choose?

MuttleyLaff:

Grace isn't a little prayer you say before receiving a meal, it's a way to live
Grace is when somebody disparages what you hold dear and you aim to understand their situation instead of abruptly writing them off
God's grace carries me on through the trials of every day and it's no different to every thread I check out
Agreed. But it's not every time one will be in the right frame of mind to stand and chat nau. As you well know, i do that, but now, i chose not to.

And, different graces is given to us my brother. Ur grace in this area is obviously higher than mine. Pray for me to have more grace.

MuttleyLaff:

God came down to our standard because He needs to save us
No, He lifts us up from our filth. He says, Come unto me..., we walk up to Him. He never went down to do what sinners do just to save them.

MuttleyLaff:

Jesus, whom I call Mr Relationship, believes so much in relationship, He goes to any length to build a relationship(s)[/qoute]
Yes, with those who when He calls, they respond. When He saw Levi in the Revenue office and said 'Follow Me', if he had declined, they won't be a book of Matthew today.

Two can not work/walk together except they agree.
[quote author=MuttleyLaff post=64879278]
Jesus humbles Himself and goes to down to any level, to build relationships
Yes, but only with those who accepts His call. Remeber the parable of the Feast? The Master prepared a Banquet for His Son, and invited His friends, but they gave excuses why they couldn't attend. What did he do? He invited another set if friends who came and tigtether they built a relationship. You cant be in love with someone who doesn't want you.

MuttleyLaff:

It is once and/or after Jesus gets our attention that He raises us up to His and empowering us to be like Him
I can proffer bible verses of instances of these upon whoever requests
He calls out, we respond, then a relationship ensues.

What is the title of this thread? These are men who have spat on the Master's face and call Him a fraud .We are not talking about some folks who have never heard of the gospel, they have. Their parents are Christians, mostly. Whether or not they were raised well, being trained in the way they shd go, it's a different story for another day.

I wasn't raised a Christian, my parents were Catholics who didn't know and didn't care about the state of my Spiritual life, but i answered the call when i heard jt. Am not saying am better than them. But am saying, i must not keep tbeir company..

I'm still your sister and i love you in Christ.
Re: I Miss Being A Christian by MuttleyLaff: 11:15am On Feb 08, 2018
Emmanystone:
Yes i am malcontent about their attitudes
Why are you agreeing to be a malcontent?
It is the atheists on that thread, rebelling that I referred to and made that euphemism about. Not you.

Emmanystone:
but am neither their judge or executioner
You are, when you with a throw of a hand, write them off.

Emmanystone:
All i said was, I didn't want to keep their company.
Don't i have the right to be where i choose?
I respect whatever choice you have and take.
The malcontents are just crying out for help and making showy statements whilst at it.
So don't kick a man when he is down.

PS I might address the rest of your post
I lurve you sis, hugs hugs hugs, kiss peck
Re: I Miss Being A Christian by Emmanystone: 12:42pm On Feb 08, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Why are you agreeing to be a malcontent?
It is the atheists on that thread, rebelling that I referred to and made that euphemism about. Not you.
angry Oh. I misunderstood.
MuttleyLaff:

You are, when you with a throw of a hand, write them off.
I prefer to talk to The Master about them, than to them about The Master. I hate to see how the demons use their mouths to malign Christ the way they do. I know demons speak through them.
Next time, i will stay then. cheesy

MuttleyLaff:

I respect whatever choice you have and take.
The malcontents are just crying out for help and making showy statements whilst at it.
So don't kick a man when he is down.
Lolzzz. They are crying for help while insulting My Master at it? That's some way of drawing attention.

MuttleyLaff:

PS I might address the rest of your post
I lurve you sis, hugs hugs hugs, kiss peck
wink
Re: I Miss Being A Christian by TomHagen: 2:19pm On Feb 08, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Wow, who would have known you love MoniQue too. MoniQue in Power Flow is just too much with that her guttering vocal voice. I remember sharing a mpeg copy with a few friends here on NL back in the day
Sola Allyson - Iba, is another tune that I put on loop when it first came out
Tut tut tut tut tut.
Hmmm... I see...
Re: I Miss Being A Christian by TomHagen: 2:22pm On Feb 08, 2018
I love Christians.
They can never agree on anything.
Re: I Miss Being A Christian by godisgood200: 3:07pm On Feb 08, 2018
urahara:
It all started when I was listening g to chante by haiku.

The song made me reminisce back then when I believed a benevolent god had my back.

I kind of envy christians cry cry cry

I curse the day I discovered xtianity was a fraud.
How is Christianity a fraud?

1 Like

Re: I Miss Being A Christian by godisgood200: 3:08pm On Feb 08, 2018
Generica:
What were the specific fraudulence you discovered in Christianity?
Let me add. As a Christian what were the fraudulent activities he engaged in?
Re: I Miss Being A Christian by godisgood200: 3:17pm On Feb 08, 2018
Emmanystone:

Bros nah. Judas was added to the fold to fulfill the Master Mission on earth. The Master said to the Disciples, 'Did i know chose the 12 of you? But one of you is a thief'. Jesus picked him knowing he was a thief.

See? I had a problem with that sometime ago. I asked the Master why He picked Judas know he was a thief.

He asked me to define 'Betrayal'. I did. He went on to say. If someone who is not an insider, someone who eats with you on the same table, sleeps with you in the sane house, Knows when you come in or go out. Someone you trust betrays you, it won't be counted as betrayal.

For it to be painful, then the person must be close and trusted. He went to on to say, He gave Judas the office of money management for him(Judas) to exhibit his trait and be justified as a son of perdition.

With all the teachings, signs and wonders he saw the Master performed, he remained a thief. Be knew the Master could read thoughts and know what is in our minds, but he went on stealing. Not once was he rebuked by the Lord. All these was to proof that he was an irredeemable Son of perdition. A Seed of satan just like must of the goons in this thread.

cheesy. Ues He did. But His attitude while in their midst should tell us more. Did He did become part of what they said or did in that gathering? No. He ignored them for the most part. I actually followed you into here. I read your comment so i had to see what the ungodly said. Don't get me wrong, i have issues with them doing their things, but am not obliged to join them. I owe them one thing, 'Prayers', that i do and leave them to Him who has the Power of conviction.

This is not clear.

Still not clear here.

No, it doesn't, but that doesn't mean i shd keep their company nau.
Bad company corrupts good manners nau.
I was banned becos i said S.eun was Sad, why? He doesn't like when people say uncomely things about him. Why shd be smiling when people say uncomely things about my Father?

Yes i am malcontent about their attitudes, but am neither their judge or executioner. All i said was, I didn't want to keep their company. Don't i have the right to be where i choose?

Agreed. But it's not every time one will be in the right frame of mind to stand and chat nau. As you well know, i do that, but now, i chose not to.

And, different graces is given to us my brother. Ur grace in this area is obviously higher than mine. Pray for me to have more grace.

No, He lifts us up from our filth. He says, Come unto me..., we walk up to Him. He never went down to do what sinners do just to save them.

Re: I Miss Being A Christian by mimopel(f): 6:52pm On Feb 08, 2018
Generica:

Done that. There seems to be a lot of hate in those posts.

Religion or not, something can work for you only if you keep believing and practicing it.

We were taught to brush our teeth and comb the hair. We believed it and have been keeping to the habit. The moment we stop brushing the teeth etc, we begin to attract dirt and ultimately illness, discomfort, death.

It is the same with religion. The problem is finding the true path. Nothing is easy in this world, including religion.

I'm a Christian. I've tasted God. I can't deny the power in Christianity.

Greetings....we have Christian WhatsApp group for single brothers n singles...where will come together to pray studyg the word of God, co unsel one another on wat God wants in a Godly relationship and those who want to find their spouse can find a Godly spouse...if u are interested pls send ur WhatsApp number to my direct mail mimopel450@yahoo com

Or WhatsApp Daniel 08038261313....to book an interview God bless us

U can also quote this post with ur number
Re: I Miss Being A Christian by MuttleyLaff: 6:54pm On Feb 08, 2018
TomHagen:
I love Christians
I love you, love Christians, love believers, love every Tom, Dick, Harry, Mary and Jane

TomHagen:
They can never agree on anything.
What binds believers together is much stronger than what separates them

What they agree on binds them together more than whatever differences or disagreement(s) they might nurse that others think separates them from each other
Re: I Miss Being A Christian by OtemAtum: 7:34pm On Feb 08, 2018
urahara:
It all started when I was listening g to chante by haiku.

The song made me reminisce back then when I believed a benevolent god had my back.

I kind of envy christians cry cry cry

I curse the day I discovered xtianity was a fraud.

I still sing christian songs that are sweet. I love Chante Halleluyah.
Re: I Miss Being A Christian by TomHagen: 9:36pm On Feb 08, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

What binds believers together is much stronger than what separates them

What they agree on binds them together more than whatever differences or disagreement(s) they might nurse that others think separates them from each other
This is true for virtually all religions with sects/denominations.
Re: I Miss Being A Christian by TomHagen: 9:42pm On Feb 08, 2018
OtemAtum:

I still sing christian songs that are sweet. I love Chante Halleluyah.
Yeah. Chante is very nice. Michael Smith's Majesty is also cool.
Re: I Miss Being A Christian by OtemAtum: 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2018
TomHagen:
Yeah.
Chante is very nice.
Michael Smith's Majesty is also cool.

There was a time I only play one music over and over on my phone, which was Chante.
Guess the song I play over and over currently:

Yeba by Kiss Daniel grin
Re: I Miss Being A Christian by TomHagen: 9:54pm On Feb 08, 2018
OtemAtum:

There was a time I only play one music over and over on my phone, which was Chante.
Guess the song I play over and over currently:

Yeba by Kiss Daniel grin
Kikikiki.
I like that one too.

Roboskeke self dey make brain.

(1) (2) (Reply)

About Celestial Church Of Christ / Victims Of Jws Will Thank You! / Sometimes You Will Need To Step Backward To Jump Higher.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.