Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Benue Killings:"defend Yourself With Whatever You Have" - Ortom, Benue State Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Killings:"defend Yourself With Whatever You Have" - Ortom, Benue State Gov (573 Views)

Supreme Court Warns Buhari: Stop! Using Public Funds To Defend Yourself In Court / EFCC Probes Ortom, Benue Lawmakers, Perm Secs, Others For Alleged N23.08b / James Ornguga Resigns As Special Assistant To Ortom, Benue State Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Benue Killings:"defend Yourself With Whatever You Have" - Ortom, Benue State Gov by Joelsblog(m): 4:13am On Feb 07, 2018
@JoelsBlog Media

Benue State Governor Samuel Ortom, has asked people of Benue state to use all legal means to defend themselves against further attacks from herdsmen, saying the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, who ought to protect lives and property was busy playing politics with the issue.

The governor gave the charge on a phone-in radio programme in Makurdi on a day spokesman of the Nigeria Police Force, Jimoh Moshood, described him as a drowning man on a live Channels Television programme, Sunrise.

Ortom, who also alleged that his life was being threatened, said he had yet to assess the extent of damage done to his farm house by herdsmen on Monday.

In reaction to the IGP calling him a Drowning Man he said:

“The Police said they arrested Livestock Guard members and termed them a militia group from Benue. It’s just a diversion from the main issue.

“If you want to hang a dog, you give it a bad name. That is what the Inspector General of Police is doing, he is the mouthpiece of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore. That is what the man represents. He should, therefore, resign his current position to serve full time in his new job.

“So bad, they plant weapons on people and take their pictures and claim they are Benue Livestock Guards. Those people are not members of our Livestock Guard. It is just a planned thing.

“The fact is that I am facing a lot of intimidation and blackmail but I am firm and strong because I have trust in God.

“There are threats, even on my life, it is on record that I reported to the Police and those people responsible have not been arrested.

“People say they are going to kill the governor. Is that not grievous enough to arrest the people concerned?

“Miyetti came out and owned up and threatened that bloodshed will continue in Benue. Is it not enough evidence for the Inspector-General of Police to arrest one person out of the group?

“Fulani militia have come out in video to display the kind of weapons that they have and everyone has seen it; that is also not enough for the IGP to arrest these people.

“But he chose to declare that we have militia in Benue State. If we have militia in the state, will the herdsmen come and kill our people the way they did and are currently doing?

“It is because we are law- abiding. But you need to listen and hear the opinion of the people of the state on the matter.

“I think the people should have the right to defend themselves and not make themselves easy prey to be killed in their homes. Defend yourselves lawfully

“So any lawful means you can adopt to defend yourself in Benue State, just go ahead. We are not going to wait for the Inspector-General of Police to do it because he has failed in his assignment.

“I commiserate with the families of the Police personnel who came here and were killed by the herdsmen. It is unfortunate, the Police are dying and the Inspector-General of Police is playing politics with the issue. It is unfortunate.

“The man should resign because he has failed woefully. He doesn’t have the capacity. There are many good Police officers who can take over that job and perform creditably by turning around the security architecture of this country and make things work and protect lives and property. That man has no business being the IGP.”

News by Joelsblog: https://joelsblog.com.ng/fulani-killings-my-people-defend-yourself-benue-state-governor-urges-indig-nes/

Re: Benue Killings:"defend Yourself With Whatever You Have" - Ortom, Benue State Gov by Joelsblog(m): 4:13am On Feb 07, 2018
Re: Benue Killings:"defend Yourself With Whatever You Have" - Ortom, Benue State Gov by Nobody: 4:14am On Feb 07, 2018
Re: Benue Killings:"defend Yourself With Whatever You Have" - Ortom, Benue State Gov by Zuluhead(m): 5:18am On Feb 07, 2018
This is the most absurd government ever, trying to intimidate and suffocate a state and its government because of cows. The Muslim religion don't worship cows but the Fulani tribes cherish it. The Hindus in India worship cows but don't value and cherish it more than the human lives. Am a Christians and don't quote me wrong, this Fulani herdsmen crisis is.strictly a Fulani menace and not the Muslim community as a whole. The Muslim in south west,Edo,Delta, kogi,Benue,nasarawa,plateau e.t.c don't cherish cows more than human lives. This is strictly a Fulani agenda giving Islam a bad name because the sokoto caliphate is the head Islam in the country. As for the Benue citizens you have a right to live. Depend yourself against any oppression and violent.
Re: Benue Killings:"defend Yourself With Whatever You Have" - Ortom, Benue State Gov by GreenArrow1(m): 5:47am On Feb 07, 2018
Very nice. I was planning on getting a licensed pump action rifle but now, it's better to cough up the money for an AK 47 rifle on the black market since this is now full scale war.

Re: Benue Killings:"defend Yourself With Whatever You Have" - Ortom, Benue State Gov by xgada(m): 5:47am On Feb 07, 2018
What really baffles me in the whole issue is the response of the federal government agents. Look at the IGP, very very unprofessional and undiplomatic. And Buhari have not seen that these people are messing him up.
Re: Benue Killings:"defend Yourself With Whatever You Have" - Ortom, Benue State Gov by Mynd44: 5:50am On Feb 07, 2018

(1)

“I Have No Candidate For 2019” – Obasanjo / FFK Blows Hot Over Gov. Orton Of Benue State / VP Osinbajo, Yakubu Gowon, Nana Addo Dankwa Others At Kukah Inaugural Lecture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.