Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel (16654 Views)

Smart Nonso Okafor: Mother Sells Akara, He Won Anambra Assembly Election / Nairabet Owner, Akin Alabi Wins National Assembly Election / Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by deantimes(m): 6:10am On Feb 07, 2018
THE National Assembly elections will be conducted first in 2019, the panel of the two legislative conference committee on the amendment of the Electoral Act has endorsed.

The committee also placed the governorship and state assembly elections as the second to hold while the presidential election comes last.

The committee said that the new election sequence would ensure that every candidate is elected on his own merit without riding on another person ’ s popularity .

The House of Representatives had in its amendments to the 2010 Electoral Act included section 25 (1 ) into the Act by re- ordering the sequence of the elections to start with that of the National Assembly .

The order was followed by governorship and state assembly election before the Presidential election as against earlier sequence rolled out by the Independent National Electoral Commission ( INEC ) last year which put Presidential and National Assembly election first before that of governorship and state assembly elections .

Read more: https://www.headlineng.com/national-assembly-poll-to-hold-first-presidential-holds-last-nass-panel/

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by kcmichael: 6:14am On Feb 07, 2018
Our law makers are clown,why not put the national assembly election last?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:42am On Feb 07, 2018
the game plan has change...these guys are smart and are not ready to deal with the current president...look they know if their own elections hold first and they secure there positions or offices, they will then use it to battle the re-election plan of the president, hence the presidential election would be last....
i just pray my president sees the hand writing on the wall and do the needful...

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by sarrki(m): 7:48am On Feb 07, 2018
Dino melaye, Sani sheu, and saraki wants to play smart

What is dino doing in that sittings ?

He's the Senate chairman fact

Why is he sitted as a sub committee in that sittings ?

Having said that I think the two houses of corruption o mean senate and house of rep didn't even know the different between executive duties and lawmaking organ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by Bigii(m): 7:48am On Feb 07, 2018
The cow president must go!

Daura calling grin grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by americanson: 7:48am On Feb 07, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
the game plan has change...these guys are smart and are not ready to deal with the current president...look they know if their own elections hold first and they secure there positions or offices, they will then use it to battle the re-election plan of the president, hence the presidential election would be last....
i just pray my president sees the hand writing on the wall and do the needful...

Exactly... Considering that rumours have been going around that many of them will not return, even Kogi gov. Was boasting about it. I support anything to checkmate Buhari

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by Dagaya(m): 8:35am On Feb 07, 2018
I always wondered why the presidential elections comes first.
Anyways any method, pattern, style or even craft to vote out buhari is welcomed.
My PVC, my power.

38 Likes

Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by bonechamberlain(m): 8:44am On Feb 07, 2018
this is how it should be, thumbs up to the senate.

Any president who wins if the presidential election is conducted first would use state power to muzzle other contestant.

thank God for saraki and co in the senate otherwise buhari would have dealt with this country unchecked and according to his whims and caprices angry

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by TheKingIsHere: 8:48am On Feb 07, 2018
What I know is that Buhari must go angry

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 07, 2018
it has started. Buhari has caused so much pain and grieve in the Land... Don't you all agree it is time for him to go?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by walex2(m): 9:08am On Feb 07, 2018
To be candid if you know how politics are being played in Nigeria. this option by the Senate is the best. It was obasanjo that changed the election timetable using Iwu, before the State and National Assembly elections comes before the presidential election.

Let look at these scenario, Someone like Sehu Sanni from kaduna Central is very outspoken and speaks truth to the power always no matter what, but some of his colleagues are afraid to tow that path because of political career. if someone like Sehu couldnt get the APC primary ticket he could go to another party and won. But this cant be possible with the recent timetable released by the INEC. BUhari with APC power and presidential and national Assembly election holding concurrently will defeat Sehu Sanni.

So every one will go to the election without riding on no body personality and some like El;Rufai will be a loser

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by Okoroawusa: 9:12am On Feb 07, 2018
walex2:
To be candid if you know how politics are being played in Nigeria. this option by the Senate is the best. It was obasanjo that changed the election timetable using Iwu, before the State and National Assembly elections comes before the presidential election.

Let look at these scenario, Someone like Sehu Sanni from kaduna Central is very outspoken and speaks truth to the power always no matter what, but some of his colleagues are afraid to tow that path because of political career. if someone like Sehu couldnt get the APC primary ticket he could go to another party and won. But this cant be possible with the recent timetable released by the INEC. BUhari with APC power and presidential and national Assembly election holding concurrently will defeat Sehu Sanni.

So every one will go to the election without riding on no body personality and some like El;Rufai will be a loser
please anyone that understood what this guy just wrote should explain it to me

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by MuyiRano(m): 10:01am On Feb 07, 2018
I want to say a big thank you to those NLders that celebrated wt me yesterday. Thanks for the likes and mentions. God bless you abundantly.
Thanks

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by twentyk(m): 10:03am On Feb 07, 2018
Oloriburuku niee besiktas... Ordinary 1.5...
Shakes head

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by stephen109(m): 10:04am On Feb 07, 2018
herdsmen boss BUHARI would b like

4 Likes

Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by tobtap: 10:05am On Feb 07, 2018
cool cool
Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by SalamRushdie: 10:05am On Feb 07, 2018
Anything to send Buhari away is very supported..Buhari is enemy of the state
Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by Originality007: 10:07am On Feb 07, 2018
ok
Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by AiiVee(m): 10:08am On Feb 07, 2018
Alright... Alright....my own palava be say will our votes count?? Or the eagles Already have their votes already

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by fasho01(m): 10:08am On Feb 07, 2018
kcmichael:
Our law makers are clown,why not put the national assembly election last?

They could have easily done that and ride on party popularity just as was experienced in 2015 elections
Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by yesloaded: 10:09am On Feb 07, 2018
Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by kinibigdeal(m): 10:10am On Feb 07, 2018
Many people commenting does not know the negative effect the timetable will have if not changed. We need a balanced house in 2019 not what PMB is planning. Thank God for the house we have today, they help keep PMB in check. If we allow PMB controlled majorily in the house in 2019, cattle colony bill will be passed, economic power bill will be passed and a lot of anti peoples bill to favour the fulanis..we need a balanced house, i back NASS on the timetable

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by Duplik8t77(m): 10:10am On Feb 07, 2018
anyhow they put it, Buhari must sha leave
Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by Daviddson(m): 10:10am On Feb 07, 2018
Good
Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by chiscodedon(m): 10:10am On Feb 07, 2018
Okoroawusa:

please anyone that understood what this guy just wrote should explain it to me
LOL
Me also, I have tried reading twice to understand the angle he's coming from... Don't know where he sides
Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by BruncleZuma: 10:10am On Feb 07, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by Abfinest007(m): 10:11am On Feb 07, 2018
they are afraid so is buhari also
Re: National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel by chiscodedon(m): 10:11am On Feb 07, 2018
mattrudy11:

Tested and Trusted,no loosen call or whatsapp if interested.
You even so daft... This shows you can't succeed in anything you do... No innovation, scammers even used to be creative, but you, same strategy always.. Your strategy is obsolete, try upgrade mbok... Your shame is shaming me

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Orders Seizure Of Senator Nwaoboshi's Assets, As Presidential Panel Wins / Clearing 16 Years Of PDP Nonsense Not Easy For APC — Chime / National Grid Collapses To 40mw Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.