Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Joseph Stalin Was A Good Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Joseph Stalin Was A Good Man (2079 Views)

When Joseph Stalin’s Daughter Became Catholic / Stalin And Mao Ironically Prove That Atheism Is Right / Prophet Omotosho Joseph 2018 Prophecies: Plane Crash, Assassination Of Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joseph Stalin Was A Good Man by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 07, 2018
I've seen so many attacks on Joseph Stalin by mostly Christians calling him an evil man this shouldn't be so at least from a biblical point of view
Some people accused him of building concentration camps for people please this isn't true Stalin never built concentration camps for people he built it for some people who would rebel against his regime
Stalin didn't send anybody to the concentration camps people sent themselves by refusing his commandments we all have choice and freedom .
Please this notion should be corrected Stalin was a good man.

3 Likes

Re: Joseph Stalin Was A Good Man by Faxole: 3:52pm On Feb 07, 2018
The sarcasm and humour in this is Gold.
Re: Joseph Stalin Was A Good Man by hopefulLandlord: 3:55pm On Feb 07, 2018
Faxole:
The sarcasm and humour in this is Gold.

I thought you're a Christian?
Re: Joseph Stalin Was A Good Man by rekinomtla(m): 4:15pm On Feb 07, 2018
Everyone says he was evil, only atheists say otherwise. To them he was just an animal, a product of darwinian evolution like everyone else. Once Stalin realized this, he knew (thought) morality was just a human invention, so he decided to embrace atheistic morality to its fullest and became the dictator and monster we all know.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Stalin Was A Good Man by Faxole: 5:07pm On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I thought you're a Christian?
I'm not. I am not an atheist either.
Re: Joseph Stalin Was A Good Man by Faxole: 5:24pm On Feb 07, 2018
rekinomtla:
Everyone says he was evil, only atheists say otherwise. To them he was just an animal, a product of darwinian evolution like everyone else. Once Stalin realized this, he knew (thought) morality was just a human invention, so he decided to embrace atheistic morality to its fullest and became the dictator and monster we all know.

The same way atheism could lead to genocide, an adherence to religion could also lead to genocide. More people have been murdered in the name of religion throughout history than all the deaths in the regimes of Stalin and Mao combined.

There are inherently good and bad aspects to every belief system. What you do as a result of the belief system is what's more important.
Re: Joseph Stalin Was A Good Man by hopefulLandlord: 5:28pm On Feb 07, 2018
Faxole:

I'm not. I am not an atheist either.
so you're a deist or just irreligious or both?
Re: Joseph Stalin Was A Good Man by Faxole: 6:01pm On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

so you're a deist or just irreligious or both?

I'm someone who believes that there is a lot humans don't know about the nature of reality. I don't believe in the existence of a God the way the monotheistic religions do, but I don't discard them as mere fabrications of ignorant minds. I believe there are lots of universal metaphysical principles that are embedded within most religions, and there are things that the inventors of these religions know that humans today don't. And this applies to the ancient Mesopotamians, the ancient Jews and the so called Bishops who canonized the christian scriptures.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Stalin Was A Good Man by hopefulLandlord: 6:07pm On Feb 07, 2018
Faxole:

I'm someone who believes that there is a lot humans don't know about the nature of reality. I don't believe in the existence of a God the way the monotheistic religions do, but I don't discard them as mere fabrications of ignorant minds. I believe there are lots of universal metaphysical principles that are embedded within most religions, and there are things that the inventors of these religions know that humans today don't. And this applies to the ancient Mesopotamians, the ancient Jews and the so called Bishops who canonized the christian scriptures.

tell me more
Re: Joseph Stalin Was A Good Man by Faxole: 6:51pm On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

tell me more

I think our current understanding of the nature of reality is incomplete and our scientific method of evaluating truth is still in it's infancy. I think humans throughout history have obtained knowledge about truths that even current science doesn't fully grasp and these truths have been passed down through time, mostly secretly, and some of these truths have been embedded in religious books and religious beliefs, howbeit in a distorted and implicit manner.

God in the sense of an anthropomorphic creator of the universe might not exist, but does that mean all the instances in various religious books where people were interacting with beings who weren't human is just mere fabrication? I don't think so. There is more to it. Same with the various religious experiences that have abounded through time and still abound. Discarding all as just illusions or fabrications is unwise.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Stalin Was A Good Man by hopefulLandlord: 7:17pm On Feb 07, 2018
Faxole:

I think our current understanding of the nature of reality is incomplete and our scientific method of evaluating truth is still in it's infancy. I think humans throughout history have obtained knowledge about truths that even current science doesn't fully grasp and these truths have been passed down through time, mostly secretly, and some of these truths have been embedded in religious books and religious beliefs, howbeit in a distorted and implicit manner.

God in the sense of an anthropomorphic creator of the universe might not exist, but does that mean all the instances in various religious books where people were interacting with beings who weren't human is just mere fabrication? I don't think so. There is more to it. Same with the various religious experiences that have abounded through time and still abound. Discarding all as just illusions or fabrications is unwise.
that's interesting, were you once an atheist? if yes, what made you dump the idea?
Re: Joseph Stalin Was A Good Man by vaxx: 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2018
Faxole:

The same way atheism could lead to genocide, an adherence to religion could also lead to genocide. More people have been murdered in the name of religion throughout history than all the deaths in the regimes of Stalin and Mao combined.

There are inherently good and bad aspects to every belief system. What you do as a result of the belief system is what's more important.
there is nothing wrong with religion, it is the war of ideas that needs peace.. Humanity must learn to communicate via language (with rationality) and not by emotional or physical violence so that religions reasons will not be use for non religions purpose. All of the world religions started as a means to transcendence and identification of purpose. every human on earth has a purpose, which directly means every human has a religion. we are not robot or lower conscious animal . we are created with self awareness. But the original systems of identify this purpose which is religion became politicized, they became less about spiritual development, and more about control. The intimate relationship between created and creator was superseded by selfish interest.. i believe all religion still have something that has survive which is closer to the original system. And i also believe there is no unbeliever anywhere. it is our believe system that differ.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Stalin Was A Good Man by Faxole: 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

that's interesting, were you once an atheist? if yes, what made you dump the idea?

Yes. And I also argued against Christians and Muslims on this forum. It's very easy to argue against religion.

I dumped the idea for the same reason I dumped Christianity. I became enlightened. Over the years I have gathered lots of knowledge that just run in direct opposition to an atheistic conception of reality.
Re: Joseph Stalin Was A Good Man by segunojo866: 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2018
Faxole:

True. The world will be a safer place without religion
Re: Joseph Stalin Was A Good Man by petra1(m): 8:02am On Feb 08, 2018
Every one has good part . Hitler was a good man also to many people likewise abacha

(1) (Reply)

Atheist Are Needed Here To Explain This / Without Your Ancestors You Are Nothing As A Foundation. / What Part Of Nigeria Has The Strongest Juju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.