Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,936 members, 7,852,165 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:23 PM

Let Voters Decide Buhari’s Fate – Kashamu Tells Buhari’s Detractors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Voters Decide Buhari’s Fate – Kashamu Tells Buhari’s Detractors (952 Views)

Court To Decide Buhari's Certificate Saga February 7th / Buhari's Fate Is In The Hands Of The Electorates Not Tinubu -Senator Shehu Sani / 2019: APC Camps That Will Determine Buhari’s Fate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Voters Decide Buhari’s Fate – Kashamu Tells Buhari’s Detractors by BAZETU12: 3:38pm On Feb 07, 2018
The senator representing Ogun East senatorial district in the National Assembly, Sen. Buruji Kashamu has urged those advising President Muhammadu Buhari not to run for second term to let the electorates be the judge.
He said that Buhari had won his first term on three main campaign promises: fighting corruption, overcoming insecurity and plugging the loopholes in the economy.
The senator added that the administration had performed in most of those promises, although it was up for debat, and so the president’s detractors must let the voters be the judge.
The opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) senator also advised the party to ensure its members get justice so it can forge ahead and challenge the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
He said, “Every Nigerian is entitled to his opinion. Freedom of speech is one of the essentials of democracy. The President is constitutionally entitled to seek re-election and that is undeniable. The electorate should be the ones to decide whether they want him to continue in office or not since the issue of satisfactory performance is relative and might be subjective. For instance, it is common knowledge that the President promised to deliver on three things – to fight corruption, insecurity and fix our economy. Now, the jury is out as to whether he has delivered on the three programmes. But, no one can deny that he has blocked many leakages in our treasury through the implementation of the Treasury Single Account (TSA), the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS), Government Financial Management and Information System and the Efficiency Unit of the Federal Ministry of Finance, among others.
“The Federal Government has also decimated Boko Haram. Unlike before, the insurgents are no longer in control of any Nigerian territory. Again, although not all the Chibok girls are back, a good number of the girls have returned and back in the warm embrace of their families. While those in support of the President’s re-election could say that his anti-corruption war has helped to stabilise our economy and saved it from recession, those against it could argue that he is fighting corruption and insecurity at the expense of the economy.
“Others could say that though the administration is fixing critical infrastructure, there is no stomach infrastructure and that it is those who are alive that can use the infrastructure. But, there are those who also believe that fixing the critical infrastructure will guarantee stomach infrastructure on a more sustainable basis.
“In my candid opinion, integrity is of the essence in all human endeavours and I am yet to see one person who can question the integrity of Mr. President. This, to me, is a very important ingredient in leadership. This might have informed the recent choice of President Buhari by the African Union (AU) as its anti-corruption champion.”
Kashamu commended the Governor Seriake Dickson-led Reconciliation Committee of the PDP for doing a good job of exploring ways to find peace and cohesion within the party.
He added, “The committee is doing its very best in reaching out to all the aggrieved members of the party with a view to ironing out all the grey areas. And I think that is a very commendable initiative,” he said.
“We are talking and I hope that at the end of the day, justice will be done in such a manner that none of the contending forces will be shortchanged,” the senator said.
The senator criticised Ekiti State Governor Ayo Fayose for “running in and out of courts to enforce what he called his rights. Yet, the same person can gleefully deny others their rights to the constitutionally-guaranteed term of office.”
“He is going nowhere. In fact, no reasonable Presidential candidate will pick a cantankerous and inordinately ambitious person as his running mate.“Any Presidential candidate who picks Fayose as his running mate endangers his life should he win.”

Re: Let Voters Decide Buhari’s Fate – Kashamu Tells Buhari’s Detractors by stefanweeks: 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2018
This wanted felon again
Re: Let Voters Decide Buhari’s Fate – Kashamu Tells Buhari’s Detractors by 9jaArea: 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2018
Tell 'em
Re: Let Voters Decide Buhari’s Fate – Kashamu Tells Buhari’s Detractors by adem30: 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2018
I don't know why they are disturbing their head over Buhari re election. If you know you are better than him, then meet him at the poll, that should be a plus for them

2 Likes

Re: Let Voters Decide Buhari’s Fate – Kashamu Tells Buhari’s Detractors by tuzeriouz(m): 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2018
9jaArea:
Tell 'em
tell them what? I thought Kashamu has a fraud case to respond to?
Re: Let Voters Decide Buhari’s Fate – Kashamu Tells Buhari’s Detractors by 9jaArea: 10:02pm On Feb 07, 2018
tuzeriouz:

I didn't contested that, did I?
Re: Let Voters Decide Buhari’s Fate – Kashamu Tells Buhari’s Detractors by donphilopus: 11:39pm On Feb 07, 2018
stefanweeks:
This wanted felon again

tuzeriouz:

Same set of people who were asking others not to attack the messenger when Obj wrote Buhari a letter are the same set of people attacking Kashamu for exercising his constitutional right. Hypocrisy!

1 Like

Re: Let Voters Decide Buhari’s Fate – Kashamu Tells Buhari’s Detractors by donphilopus: 11:48pm On Feb 07, 2018
9jaArea:

I didn't contest that, did I?

^^^^ Yield to that boss.
Re: Let Voters Decide Buhari’s Fate – Kashamu Tells Buhari’s Detractors by RZArecta2(m): 4:54am On Feb 08, 2018
Please Kashamu just decamp so that your sins can be forgiven by APC devils and their online broom waving witches and wizards cool
Re: Let Voters Decide Buhari’s Fate – Kashamu Tells Buhari’s Detractors by stefanweeks: 7:59am On Feb 08, 2018
donphilopus:

Same set of people who were asking others not to attack the messenger when Obj wrote Buhari a letter are the same set of people attacking Kashamu for exercising his constitutional right. Hypocrisy!

My friend, dont let emotions becloud your judgement.

One (kashamu) is a wanted person and in saner climes ought to be in jail not even fit to be presented for an elective post.

The other (OBJ) is an internationally recognized figure although also a crook but never a wanted person.

The former has no right constitutionally or otherwise to give opinions until he has cleared his name.
Re: Let Voters Decide Buhari’s Fate – Kashamu Tells Buhari’s Detractors by Omeokachie: 8:25am On Feb 08, 2018
pssss guy, NDLEA are in the area!

Kasamu just bolted out of the room!
Re: Let Voters Decide Buhari’s Fate – Kashamu Tells Buhari’s Detractors by donphilopus: 9:01am On Feb 08, 2018
stefanweeks:

My friend, dont let emotions becloud your judgement.

One (kashamu) is a wanted person and in saner climes ought to be in jail not even fit to be presented for an elective post.

The other (OBJ) is an internationally recognized figure although also a crook but never a wanted person.

The former has no right constitutionally or otherwise to give opinions until he has cleared his name.

Was he not a wanted person when your party gave him their ticket to contest a senatorial seat? If yes, then as a senator, he has all the constitutional right to speak whenever he likes. He hasn't stopped being a senator.
Re: Let Voters Decide Buhari’s Fate – Kashamu Tells Buhari’s Detractors by stefanweeks: 9:07am On Feb 08, 2018
donphilopus:

Was he not a wanted person when your party gave him their ticket to contest a senatorial seat? If yes, then as a senator, he has all the constitutional right to speak whenever he likes. He hasn't stopped being a senator.

Mr man

Am non partisan

Don't ever make the mistake of categorizing me with failure that is deeply rooted in the Nigeria Political Landscape.
Re: Let Voters Decide Buhari’s Fate – Kashamu Tells Buhari’s Detractors by donphilopus: 9:11am On Feb 08, 2018
stefanweeks:

Mr man

Am non partisan

Don't ever make the mistake of categorizing me with failure that is deeply rooted in the Nigeria Political Landscape.

Apologies. cheesy grin
Re: Let Voters Decide Buhari’s Fate – Kashamu Tells Buhari’s Detractors by Purplebirdrep: 9:17am On Feb 08, 2018
Showering praises on Buhari not to get repatriated. The drug baron
Re: Let Voters Decide Buhari’s Fate – Kashamu Tells Buhari’s Detractors by tuzeriouz(m): 9:19am On Feb 08, 2018
donphilopus:

i represent the majority of nigerians who criticised the messenger. Always draw conclusion from complete premise devoid of irrationality

(1) (Reply)

My Life Is Under Threat Because I Speak The Truth - Governor Samuel Orton. / The Hidden Agenda Behind The Proposed Hate Speech Bill. / God Does Not Build Countries, Men Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.