Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,816 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? (26599 Views)

Queen Asisat Oshoala Crowned Bbc Women Footballer Of The Year / 9 Most Overrated Players In World Football Right Now / Is Victor Moses Overrated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by dominique(f): 6:38pm On Mar 26, 2008
the entire newcastle team is overated, just shadows of their former self.

also. . . .

50% of chelsea team including; john terry, shevy, ballack, mikel, kalou, ash cole, didier drogda etc. . .

rio ferdinand (england captain my ass)

paul scholes

and most of overated of all

DAVID BECKHAM
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by hustler(m): 7:30pm On Mar 26, 2008
mykali:

Lampard is not overrated, he`s a good footballer who just get`s his bad days. when u say overrated, u think of people like Shevchenko, Rooney, a little bit of Fabregas, and not people like Ibrahim, or even Rio

Nah,

I dont think Sheva is overrated. He just hasnt adapted to the English league cuz of the tempo,non tactical style, high no of yrs he spent in the serie A. I will give u good instances. Veron,Crespo and Mutu were very good players who had spent most of their top flight experience in Europe in Italy.

They all flopped in EPL. When they got back to Italy they rediscovered their form. I guarantee u that if Sheva leaves for Italy today. he will get 20 goals in Italy. Mark my words. We are talking bout a Ballon'dor winner here.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by mykali(m): 10:15am On Mar 27, 2008
50% of chelsea team including; john terry, shevy, ballack, mikel, kalou, ash cole, didier drogda etc. . .

how can u say john terry, ballack ashley cole or even drogba (despite his exploits against arsenal) are overrated players do u watch them play at all undecided
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by seunspice(m): 11:11am On Mar 28, 2008
i just laugh when i read people saying that David Beckham is over rated. With his past performances for United and Real Madrid last season. You guys need to be more objective in your comments. What Beckham has achieved has not been achieved by any other English player, which is prove your worth outside England. Steve Mc'manaman did at real madrid but his influence and performance was not as stellar as Beckham's, Owen tried it and ended up injury prone. Beckham may not be worth his worth in Gold now. he was once the golden boy of English football, he delievered whn the chips were down, and you know what , when he failed to deliver the other 10 lions on the field were mere cubs.
i don't like David Beckham, he would not make my bench if i were a coach, but by English standards he is the best they have had for a while.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by dayokanu(m): 4:28pm On Mar 28, 2008
Means every English player is overrated
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by eldee(m): 8:22am On Mar 29, 2008
@seunspice
Please can you explain to me how Beckham proved his worth outside England?
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by benedo(m): 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Na wah for nairaland! a deluge of different opinions, different strokes abi? Thats the beauty ,
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by folahann(m): 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2008
You are getting something wrong Beckham is popular and not overrated. Aside football, Beckham is a celebrity
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by Ibime(m): 9:43pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ 4Play. So Deco is overrated eh? The guy just unzipped his pants and pissed on ya whole United midfield tonight. Mind your mouth oh!
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by bode007: 2:37pm On Apr 24, 2008
why is nobody mentioning frank lampard angry
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by mykali(m): 11:05am On May 01, 2008
why will u want to mention frank lampard? despite the loss of his mom, he was fantastic against liverpool.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by lipuka(m): 11:22am On May 01, 2008
I watched Chelsea againt Liverpool in the UEFA Cup semi-final Wednesday. Drogba was great. He scored two goals and Lampard was substituted.

Mind you, my team is, and has always been Liverpool. Forget about Man U and Arsenal. They had good players, Barns, Rush, Grobellaar and they won the UEFA Cup too.

But I supported Chelsea because it is the only team in Europe with the highest number of African players. Even Makelele is African, although he holds a French passport.

Now can somebody get another Okocha or Kanu from Nig?

SAMSON LIPUKA
NAIROBI
KENYA
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by dominique(f): 3:37pm On May 01, 2008
nice to see a Kenyan intrested in soccer, tought you guys were all about long distance and cricket

lipuka:

Mind you, my team is, and has always been Liverpool. Forget about Manchester United and Arsenal. They had good players, Barns, Rush, Grobellaar and they won the UEFA Cup too.

huh are we talking about the same liverpool when did they win the UEFA cup
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by BayoMaya(m): 5:03pm On May 01, 2008
There r alot of olodos inda house,including @poster.
Rooney keee.wen him play euro 04 (at a very tender age).scorin immposible & mst goals.abi u neva buy t.v or start 2 dey watch bal den?
Deco is an experienced and swwit playa,wit powerful and placed outside shot.
Fabregas? Guy 4 ur mind o,im a united fan,dat does nt make sentiments 2 b applied.
Some1 mentioned beckham.i agree and disagree wit u,cuz d issue is overating (they ve once b gud and gt names then and r enjoyin their fruit of labour)and i agree cuz hes bad nw,bt stil mantain d best goal in premiership scorin frm about a metre b4 d centre circle.
@most olodo(nightrider) mentioned c.ronaldo f*ck! Man man.which defender fit stop him step-ovas.he played a shot 05-06 season whipped his
Hand lik he hit an hammer on it,it was a straight unplaced shot,d keeper culda died catchn dat,and a guy at skul says he doesnt av shot.u guys who 8 players shld start watchn ''best of'' dat player and b convinced.i hated drogba,and of al ppl my van nistelrooy of my childhood club til date.bt nw,i respect drogba's head stil doubt his ground play
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by lipuka(m): 8:40am On May 02, 2008
Yeah Dominique, Kenyan love football; just like you there. Problem here is corruption and inept leaders. Remember Gor Mahia won the Mandela Cup in '87. We also got a silver in the African games against Egypt in the same year.

We also beat Nigerria in Volleyball. And we are good in rugby, swimming. taekwondo, hockey and quite afew others.

And yes, Liverpool is the team to watch.

SAMSON
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by Jarus(m): 3:27pm On May 03, 2008
MIKEL OBI IS THE MOST OVERRATED FOOTBALLER, TOO MUCH BACK PASSES

MICHAEL ESSIEN AND DROGBA ARE UNDERRATED
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by dominique(f): 3:26pm On May 04, 2008
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by dominique(f): 3:29pm On May 04, 2008
abeg delete michael essein's name sharp sharp.

lipuka:

We also beat Nigerria in Volleyball. And we are good in rugby, swimming. taekwondo, hockey and quite afew others.

that'll make y'all so proud.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by lipuka(m): 12:23pm On May 05, 2008
I personally think most players are overrated and overpaid. We should have more sanity in soccer. But then we have to put the blame squarely on the Press. They are always looking for heroes, and create them. Just because they score a few goals, and they are turned into demi-gods. And the players then grow horns. The money and publicity gets into their heads.

Look at Makelele now. This man from DRC and got a French passport is hardly ever seen. And yet he is always there at crUtial times. Nobody mentions him or even gives him credit. And he does not ask for any. A true footballer, if you ask me.

SAMSON LIPUKA
NAIROBI
KENYA
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by BayoMaya(m): 11:59pm On May 09, 2008
I 8 chelsea wit a passion (dem too get mouth) bt regard essien,j.cole.d rest inside bin
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by femikay149(m): 3:13am On May 10, 2008
C. Ronaldo highly overated.the guy only shines against small teams bt in big matches u dnt see him e.g. Chelsea VS Man U, Arsenal Vs Man U, Barcelona vs Man U. A good player must prove himself at the big stages.

Beckham. More of a hollywood star to me nt a footballer.

Bojan. Barca fans always make noise about him bt in UCL the guy culdnt deliver.

Lampard is really overated .am a chelsea fan before u think am biased. bt lots of time Lampard ll be spoiling our game bt he wont be substituted i wonder y.most of his goals r deflections he cant even make intelligent passes and we call him an attacking midfielder.

Micheal Owen. A real shadow of himself bt english press keep pressurizing capello to invite him to the national team

Gallas. Arsene wenger tot he had struck gold when he swapped him for ashely cole and quickly made him captain bt this guy was the reason for arsenal loosing sum crucial points this season with poor defending.highly overated.Remember his hand ball against Man U.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by lipuka(m): 10:02am On May 10, 2008
Hello Bayo Mayo

Thank you for your reply. As I said, I support Chelsea because it is the only team I can identify with. It has many Africans. I would sincerely have liked to see them win the English Premier League championship. And they could have done it too, if it had not been for the disorganisation at the beginning.

They are going to beat Manchester United in Russia. Just watch.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by celestar(m): 10:13am On May 10, 2008
if u think man united wil beaten, i think u must be dreaming so better wake up from ur slumber.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by Christino(m): 3:27pm On May 14, 2008
Lipuka baba, waa jo mi! grin

No Nigerian in your team, no support from me. cheesy
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by SENATORJD(m): 1:49pm On May 19, 2008
coolguys:

auction your authentic Jersey in nija
check out www.EeZeemarket.com for the latest auctions with unlimited number of pictures
it's free and easy smiley
by nijan, for nija and de rest of the world!!
guy why u just dey post this message for every thread?
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by celestar(m): 10:19am On May 20, 2008
celestar:

if u think man united wil beaten, i think u must be dreaming so better wake up from your slumber.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by lipuka(m): 12:34pm On May 25, 2008
Hey Dominique, we want to see your picture and e mail address. That you come from Benue is good news. But you are a challenge to us hot-blooded men/

I want to propose to you on this page, because you like sports like me. SAnd you know where to get my e mail address.

Great to see a girl who like sports. You will live long, nice and cute. Welcome aboard!
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 31, 2008
no offence but David Beckham is so overrated
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by lipuka(m): 9:21am On Jun 07, 2008
We seem rather undecided as to who is the most overrated, or the best. That may just mean there is no one good enough. What do you say.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by MeGaStReEt: 11:12am On Jun 07, 2008
C. RONALDO
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by smol(m): 3:37pm On Jun 07, 2008
C. Ronaldo and Mikel Obi
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by PoDeep(m): 7:02pm On Jun 07, 2008
Ronaldinho
Eto'o
Adebayor
Flamini
Drogba
Mikel
Toni
Van der sar
, & So many more!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Alvaro Morata Makes Bold Statement About Leaving Chelsea / AC Milan Agree Terms With Samuel Chukwueze, Medical Due This Week / Lagos Hosts First American Flagship Football Exhibition (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.