Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,348 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

My Nysc Diary.... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Nysc Diary.... (1055 Views)

My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp (season 2) / My Nysc Diary. On Visiting Igbotente Onigangan: A Story / My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Nysc Diary.... by Timinho23: 8:05pm On Feb 07, 2018
NYSC diary 001

Year: 17A

Just when the time strikes 10, the bell rings, to the understandable joy of the ever hungry students. In fact at no time as the bell ever been rung a minute past 10 because even we the Teachers "assist" them.

On this particular day, am pissed. I storm out of the Vice principal's office wondering his daft and incoherent reply to my question. I asked something simple.

"Sir, when are we getting the text books to begin proper lesson note writing?"

He smiled before replying, "They are your younger ones, learn to understand them"

I assumed my ears were the ones faulty, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

"I mean, the library( my voice was louder ) where text books are kept is locked and we........ "

He didn't wait for me to land.

"I would try and talk to them later"

I took my phone which I had placed on the table, hid my frown and left his office wondering what could be wrong, at least I was convinced I wasn't having ear issues.

Ike a fellow teacher gave me my answer, and its that, V.p had hearing issues. I felt pity because he was such a good man. Perhaps I shouldn't have felt pity because what followed next was funny.

"Sir, am hungry", a young JSS1 girl tapped my shoulder.

I looked back, I recognised her. She had gotten her sums right and I had flashed her a smile in class. I guess she wanted the local porridge as reward and not my smile or perhaps it wasn't perfect.

I gave her #20 watching her run along.. I made my second mistake, I shouldn't had watched, I should have walked straight into the corpers staff room. The second girl came, the one who had helped me fetch my drinking water ( she deserved hers for she had invested in me ), then the third, fourth And fifth, I shook my head in pity. I needed it.

Then I realized my mistake, No corper stays outside during break... all 23 were inside the staffroom gisting. That was the first unwritten rule learnt...

(1) (Reply)

Fortune City Needs Your Help / When a heart stops / A Rose In Bloom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.