Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Partisan Politics: I Still Stand By My Decision – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Partisan Politics: I Still Stand By My Decision – Obasanjo (640 Views)

Kingsley Moghalu Quits Partisan Politics / Otunba Gbenga Daniel Resigns From PDP, Quits Partisan Politics / What Will Happen To Religious Leaders Involved In Partisan Politics – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Partisan Politics: I Still Stand By My Decision – Obasanjo by sharpden: 8:23am On Feb 08, 2018
FORMER President, Olusegun Obasanjo, has reaffirmed his earlier stand that he has left the scene of partisan politics in the country.

Mr. Obasanjo confirmed his earlier stance when he played host to a youth group from Delta State, led by a governorship aspirant, Frank Ufuoma Esanubi, at his Presidential Library, Abeokuta on Wednesday.

He had last month in an open letter advised President Muhammadu Buhari not to seek a second term in office.

Citing underperformance as his major reason for his highly critical epistle, he noted that it was not meant to disrespect the office of the president or embarrass him, but to articulate his views about the situations in the country and offer his candid advice.

Obasanjo recently launched what he called a socio-political movement, Coalition For Nigeria, emphasizing that he would cease to be a member of the organization the moment it becomes partisan.

The move by the former Nigerian leader has been described in some quarters as another attempt to foist on Nigerians his preferred candidate.

But speaking during the courtesy visit, the former president noted that he does not have a preferred candidate for the coming general election.

“In the year 2015, I said I would no longer participate in partisan politics. And I still stand by my decision.

“I have no candidate, whatsoever, for any political office. I just believe that things must be done differently in Nigeria to get different result,” he said.

He, however, warned Nigerians against repeating “the past mistakes,” adding that the process and system that would produce quality leaders in the country must be right and inclusive.

Earlier, Esanubi said his group’s visit to Obasanjo was to pay homage and intimate him on their resolve to heed his clarion call for Nigerians to come together under the CNM, for a better Nigeria. Esanubi said professionals have left politics in the hands of less qualified persons under the guise that politics is a dirty game.

Source: https://www.headlineng.com/partisan-politics-still-stand-decision-obasanjo/
Re: Partisan Politics: I Still Stand By My Decision – Obasanjo by thesicilian: 8:24am On Feb 08, 2018
Baba go and rest. You are one of those that wrecked this country.
Re: Partisan Politics: I Still Stand By My Decision – Obasanjo by sharpden: 8:26am On Feb 08, 2018
Okay
Re: Partisan Politics: I Still Stand By My Decision – Obasanjo by Robisky001(m): 8:48am On Feb 08, 2018
Thumps up to OBJ for such profound article and also for not taking sides.

Re: Partisan Politics: I Still Stand By My Decision – Obasanjo by izombie(m): 9:53am On Feb 08, 2018
thesicilian:
Baba go and rest. You are one of those that wrecked this country.
lets just say he is one of those that wrecked the country, does that make what he is saying wrong? I don't know why you people keep shooting the messenger instead of listening to the message. So if someone who was an armed robber tells you that armed robbery is not good, you will tell him to shut up because he was once an armed robber. I just don't understand.
Re: Partisan Politics: I Still Stand By My Decision – Obasanjo by yarimo(m): 10:02am On Feb 08, 2018
Baba OBASANJO please GBENUSOUN grin
Re: Partisan Politics: I Still Stand By My Decision – Obasanjo by obiZEAL(m): 10:10am On Feb 08, 2018
Obj you are part of the problem
Re: Partisan Politics: I Still Stand By My Decision – Obasanjo by 7lives: 10:13am On Feb 08, 2018
izombie:
lets just say he is one of those that wrecked the country, does that make what he is saying wrong? I don't know why you people keep shooting the messenger instead of listening to the message. So if someone who was an armed robber tells you that armed robbery is not good, you will tell him to shut up because he was once an armed robber. I just don't understand.

What ever he said will have no meaning to me until he explains why $12 billion was spent to generate darkness.
Re: Partisan Politics: I Still Stand By My Decision – Obasanjo by thesicilian: 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2018
izombie:
If someone who was an armed robber tells me that armed robbery is not good as you say, I will tell him to show true repentance first by returning his stolen wealth and apologizing to all he has robbed and maimed, before he'll earn the right to be treated as a respectable member of the society whose advice should be listened to.
How do you think the nation is going to move forward when everyone decides to loot the national treasures blind ,and then turn around pretending to be an elder statesman?

(1) (Reply)

De-damak Motors Gifts Nigerian Army 2 New Vehicles / Breaking: South African President Jacob Zuma Resign / APC Trying To Hoodwink Nigerians With Its Adoption Of State Police – IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.