Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,247 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Nigerians Need To Understand The True Meaning Of E-commerce - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigerians Need To Understand The True Meaning Of E-commerce (1363 Views)

What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? / What's The Best Way To Create This Kind Of E-commerce Site? / The Meaning Of CAPTCHA & 6 Types Of CAPTCHA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Need To Understand The True Meaning Of E-commerce by finekoko(m): 7:26pm On Mar 05, 2007
with new sites like www.flameon24.com ,and classic ones like nairaland.com i think Nigerians have to understand that websites are not suppose to just serve as banners for your business online, but a means o f generating e-commerce as well, i mean check out www.flameon24.com its a site looking to build on the advantage of of mass and traffic aided by the nigerian populace with a chance of international break-through. i think a lot of corporate bodies should try investing and backing up these bludgeoning pioneer local internet companies. i mean, even yahoo, youtube and the likes of them had a capital backer in the foreign scene.
Re: Nigerians Need To Understand The True Meaning Of E-commerce by niyyie(m): 12:24am On Mar 28, 2007
I have seen flameon24.com but I do not see how that ties into e-commerce. Is this just sheer advertising for that dating site?
Re: Nigerians Need To Understand The True Meaning Of E-commerce by finekoko(m): 8:59am On Mar 29, 2007
that is what Nigerians still don't see.have a look at youtube.com i bet at first glance you would think its just child's play till u notice the commercial value if you are into IT.the advertising will always be good for the site of course but the message is a lot deeper than that you know.the first thing about good e-commerce focused sites is to generate the required amount of traffic and hits on a daily basis, a good example will be nairaland.com .then you begin to get advert requests, possible takeover bids simply because you have the huge database and have you heard of Google ad sense? its real, you really need to do your research my brother then and only then will you realize that website building has advanced way beyond just putting banners on the internet. flameon24.com started only late December last year, and there is a blueprint for progress. so technically this blog is not just supposed to advertise the site but to get a honest feel of what the Nigerian mindset is on e-commerce. please feel free to put down your opinion, be it naivety or purely educative.
Re: Nigerians Need To Understand The True Meaning Of E-commerce by niyyie(m): 2:43pm On Apr 03, 2007
grin grin grin I can only laugh, cos I assume you don't know me. If you did, you won't respond the way you did.

My brother, research about me Oluniyi David Ajao and come back to tell me about e-commerce, Google adsense et al.
You don't go round trying to hit at people you hardly know.

Now to the issue:

I did not at first glance classify a dating site as part of e-commerce thus my saying what I said. However, the definition by Wikipedia is giving me a second thought.

Electronic Commerce is exactly analogous to a marketplace on the Internet. Electronic Commerce (also referred to as EC, e-commerce eCommerce or ecommerce) consists primarily of the distributing, buying, selling, marketing and servicing of products or services over electronic systems such as the Internet and other computer networks.
Re: Nigerians Need To Understand The True Meaning Of E-commerce by finekoko(m): 10:38am On Apr 04, 2007
ok, point taken. it seems to me that you might be a bit educated on matters of the internet, which even makes the initial question you fielded somewhat daft.but i guess we are entitled to our mistakes effiom ekpenyong effiom jr. you can research on that.im sure my google portfolio wont be as impressive as yours but then i am a quick learner. wikipedia is really educative isnt it. cheers, just friendly fire
Re: Nigerians Need To Understand The True Meaning Of E-commerce by Horus(m): 12:15am On Sep 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUzonIP7eaA

Analyst Examines Economic Value Of E-Commerce In Nigeria Pt.1
Re: Nigerians Need To Understand The True Meaning Of E-commerce by uwa234: 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2013
@op, am guesing u r a newbie. If u dont sell a product or service online then its not ecommerce. Nairaland is nt an ecommere site. Just because a site generates income frm adverts doesn't make it an ecommerce site. Btw, youtube is nt an ecommerce site.op, u just be olodo

(1) (Reply)

Css Quiz: A "tricky" One / Help With Emmanuel Ekanem's Hostportfolio.com Webhosting Services / Top Web Hosting Companies In Nigeria 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.