Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,942 members, 7,838,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

You Too, Can Be Saved - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Too, Can Be Saved (711 Views)

Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? / God Saved Me And My Siblings From A Big Python In Port Harcourt. / All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Too, Can Be Saved by PastorAde: 10:08am On Apr 20, 2010
[center]You Too, Can Be Saved[/center]

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners - of whom I am the worst (1Timothy 1: 15, emphasis added).

And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has enabled me, for that He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer (evil speaker), and a persecutor, and injurious (violent): but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief (1 Timothy 1: 12-13, emphasis added).

I exhort therefore that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2: 1-3, emphasis added).

Neither is there salvation in any other; for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved (Act 4:12).

The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness (slowness); but is longsuffering to us-ward,[b] not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance ([/b]2 Peter 3: 9, emphasis added).

And Jesus said to him (Zacchaeus), This day is salvation come to this house, forasmuch as he also is a son of Abraham. [b]For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost (L[/b]uke 19: 9-10, emphasis added).

The main or the chief reason why Jesus came into the world is clearly spelt out in the first and last Scriptures above – to save sinners that are lost. And Jesus came for all classes in the society – the rich, the poor, the old, the young, men and women, boys and girls – no group, no tribe, no nation, no religious affiliation, are exempted. He came for all.

In the third passage above, Paul admonished Timothy to pray and intercede for all men, kings, and those that are in authority, for God will have all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. We also see in 2 Peter 3: 9, that God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

God has already done His own part in providing salvation for all men through Jesus Christ. Men’s part is now to believe in Jesus Christ and be saved. It does not matter what sins you have committed, God is merciful and can forgive you. Take, for example, Paul the Apostle. He described himself as the worst of sinners. He was before a blasphemer, a persecutor, and a violent man. But he obtained the mercy of God and got saved. Jesus Christ appeared to him on his way to Damascus and he was forgiven and converted. Jesus then enabled him and put him in the ministry. What a complete turnaround! Now, if God can save the worst sinner, there is no sins you have committed that God cannot forgive. Hear what God says in Isaiah 43: 25: “I, even I, am He that blots out your transgressions for My own sake, and will not remember your sins”.

Will you take God at His word? Will you confess your sins to God and be saved? Will you have a complete turnaround like Apostle Paul? If yes, pay this prayer out loud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For prayers and counseling, write, call or e-mail: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries. P.O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel. 2348033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com.

(1) (Reply)

Obj Says Jesus Christ Cannot Conduct A Credible Election In Nigeria / Drinking Alcohol And Dress Code For Christian / Redeemed Pastor, Caught Extorting N50,000 From Hawkers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.