Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,129 members, 7,845,747 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa (33829 Views)

Woman And Her Pastor Lover To Die By Hanging For Killing Husband (Photos) / Udeme Otike-Odibi Tore Wedding Pictures Before Killing Husband / Five Christians To Die By Hanging For Killing Fulani Herdsman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Holyvet(m): 2:35pm On Feb 08, 2018
cheeeoma:
So bad. If u can't take some things from ur partner just walk away.
Some female's thinking is that it is only the men that are supposed to walk away whenever there's a disagreement. They don't know that they too have to walk away in order to give peace a chance. Married men and women must learn to walk away and just forget about issues that can cause a 'nuclear war' in the family.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Quality20(m): 2:35pm On Feb 08, 2018
but d governors don't sign d death warrant

1 Like

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 08, 2018
Why not life in prison undecided

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by joenor(m): 2:38pm On Feb 08, 2018
Hiya so sad, never let your emotions control you, if na me say my wife dey do anyhow... omo I join the anyhw queue make we dey run am dey go who first tire go stop.... Now you killed a man out of jealousy. by the way why do you both get married if there was no love?
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Kobicove(m): 2:39pm On Feb 08, 2018
princeking2:

I wonder! Like say the marriage na force.
Come to think of it, we should remove that clause "till death do us part". It has become a trap for a lot of abuse.

I concur...that clause has overstayed its usefulness!

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Nathayas: 2:41pm On Feb 08, 2018
Osanebi007:
Women.... Nothing we no dey see from una undecided
What Of Men Who Kill Their Wives For Ritual.
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Dcholeric: 2:42pm On Feb 08, 2018
Engrr:

A second chance to murder another husband
let the fool be

1 Like

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Mikedavies: 2:46pm On Feb 08, 2018
ope9011:
Criminals
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Edemaya: 2:47pm On Feb 08, 2018
cheeeoma:
So bad. If u can't take some things from ur partner just walk away.

Simple!!!
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by ensamy(m): 2:49pm On Feb 08, 2018
Instead of two people to die in a relationship is better they both go thier separate ways. Yes God hates divorce but would not tolerate murder too. Separate separate shocked shocked
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Lionbutterfly: 2:53pm On Feb 08, 2018
the judge said the prosecution called six witnesses and produced seven exhibits while the defence only had one witness who happened to be the accused.

and other facts also confirmed that she was the only person with the deceased as at the time of his death and so she was the one that killed him.

How can there be 6 witnesses when she was THE ONLY PERSON WITH THE DECEASED AS AT THE TIME OF HIS DEATH?

what manner of investigation was carried out? I am sure a lot of fabrications were added to her case which got her convicted.

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by stuffs4me(m): 2:54pm On Feb 08, 2018
GavelSlam:
Hoping the sentence would be commuted.

We cannot truly say she's a menace to society but her anger, just as that of many Nigerians, needs checking.

You need to have your brain checked if you feel a cold blood murderer is not a menace to the society.
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by stuffs4me(m): 2:56pm On Feb 08, 2018
Nathayas:

They should also face the same punishments.. Murderers are evil people that should not be allowed to mingle with the rest of the society.

You must however produce evidence oo
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by DAVID133: 2:57pm On Feb 08, 2018
may God forgive ur sin may soul rest in perfect peace cry
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Bimpe29: 2:57pm On Feb 08, 2018
Same fate awaits other husband killers.....
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by stuffs4me(m): 2:58pm On Feb 08, 2018
lordrah2020:
too baad but she deserve a second chance

She deserves a second chance after bringing back the man she murdered in cold blood.
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Nackzy: 3:01pm On Feb 08, 2018
God will Never give me and my fellow Nairalanders a killing Wife in Jesus Name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Reference(m): 3:04pm On Feb 08, 2018
Quality20:
but d governors don't sign d death warrant

Death row is worse except you are a deep seated Christian.
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by GavelSlam: 3:05pm On Feb 08, 2018
stuffs4me:

You need to have your brain checked if you feel a cold blood murderer is not a menace to the society.

Some of you just love to argue.

Why do you think the trial judge said it his constrained to give that sentence?

Does she have a history or previous record of violence?
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by greggng: 3:19pm On Feb 08, 2018
We hardly hang criminals in Nigeria. The only issue is the stigma attached to such crime. After 10years in prison she will be released.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Lionbutterfly: 3:20pm On Feb 08, 2018
stuffs4me:

Something does not add up about this case which was why the judge made that statement in that way and she stylishly sent a message to the governor to intervene. She spoke like someone whose hands were tied.

Even in the write up it says 6 witnesses were called by the prosecution but it was also on record that the accused killer was alone with the deceased as at the time of his death. If this is so, where then did the 6 witnesses come from and what did they testify to be witnesses to?

1 Like

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by delishpot: 3:38pm On Feb 08, 2018
If you can not take his/her BS leave dont kill someone
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by clive2u(m): 3:40pm On Feb 08, 2018
what a pity pls someone should tell her to close hells door after she goes in o. we can't stand anymore heat here
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by clive2u(m): 3:41pm On Feb 08, 2018
what a pity pls someone should tell her to close hells door after she goes in o. we can't stand anymore heat here meanwhile

Michael Scofield can break her free if she wants
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by paulbets: 3:44pm On Feb 08, 2018
princeking2:

Come to think of it, we should remove that clause "till death do us part". It has become a trap for a lot of abuse.
Thank you very much.
I am a strong proponent of peaceful dissolution. If it's not working, walk away. And why should people be made to swear with their lives just so they can stay married in life. That's what that clause "Till death do us part" means - Swearing with one's life.
Is high time people understood that they must not constantly put their lives at risk (Violence et al) because they want to stay married.
I understand it usually starts rosy and sweet.. but once the bitter part of it is too much for you to tolerate walk away amicably instead of resulting to violence or abuse of any sort.
Marriage is not the reason for living neither is it the purpose of life.
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by produce(m): 3:46pm On Feb 08, 2018
Marriage is for the Strong & Bold.. Pretty face is not marriage, character is marriage..thank me later

1 Like

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by paulbets: 3:53pm On Feb 08, 2018
joenor:
Hiya so sad, never let your emotions control you, if na me say my wife dey do anyhow... omo I join the anyhw queue make we dey run am dey go who first tire go stop.... Now you killed a man out of jealousy. by the way why do you both get married if there was no love?
Truth is, people can be in love today.. and later in life become agressive enemies of each other. Doesn't mean what they had during the good times was not real.. it most likely could be. But this is how real life works. Nothing is ever permanent.
Love and goodwill you enjoy from another is never permanent.. everything is subject to change, humans change; they are not God after all. Some times the change may not be sharp contrast of who they were, it may be mild.
Anyhow, it is good we live within that understanding.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Osanebi007(m): 3:53pm On Feb 08, 2018
See your mouth
Nathayas:

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Tunagee(m): 4:01pm On Feb 08, 2018
360frolic:
The Bayelsa State High Court preceded over by Justice Nayai Aganaba has sentenced 30-year-old Victoria Gagariga to death by hanging for killing her husband, Henry Gagariga on the 4th of February, 2015, in their Bayelsa home.

In Delivering the case is said to have lingered for 3 years after the death of the deceased, the judge said the prosecution called six witnesses and produced seven exhibits while the defence only had one witness who happened to be the accused.

Going through the records of cross-examination of the witnesses, Justice Aganaba noted that all evidences provided by the prosecution team showed that the suspect was guilty as charged and other facts also confirmed that she was the only person with the deceased as at the time of his death and so she was the one that killed him.

The accused who hails from Brass Local Government Area and is said to be an employee of the Bayelsa Arts and Culture reportedly stabbed her husband on the neck during an argument.

According to the judge, Victoria killed her husband out of jealousy and obsession.

He said;

It is unfortunate that I can only pronounce the sentence prescribed by law. I wish I had the discretion to do otherwise. However, that discretion rests with the executive governor of Bayelsa State. I am only left with the compulsion to pronounce the sentence prescribed by law. I hope that person the discretion would look at the circumstance of this case and do the needful. I hereby pronounce my sentence. My sentence upon you is that you shall hang on the neck until you die. May the Lord have mercy on your soul.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2018/02/photo-30-years-old-husband-killer.html

U mean this beautiful woman is to die by hanging? Oh no. They state govt should pls reconsider. She is very young and pretty pleeeeassse!
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by AuroraB(f): 4:13pm On Feb 08, 2018
Bye, b!tch kiss kiss
If you reach there, you no see your mates, make you dey come back lipsrsealed
Raise your hand against another no do you na to kill am undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by AuroraB(f): 4:18pm On Feb 08, 2018
princeking2:

grin That clause now is for Romeo and Juliet cheesy
Chere ka'm bia adirozikwa sad
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 08, 2018
AuroraB:
grin That clause now is for Romeo and Juliet cheesy
Chere ka'm bia adirozikwa sad
better.
Kedu k'imere?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Storm Police Station In Ebonyi, 3 Killed (Photos) / "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos / Brother Of Top Eiye Cultist In Lagos Accused Of Killing A Young Man. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.