Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) (32192 Views)

Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge / Kenyan Lady Jailed For 15 Years For Defiling 16-Year-Old Boy / Nigerian Lady Jailed 21 Years For Attempted Murder Of 90-Year-Old Woman In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by ChangeIsCostant: 1:09pm On Feb 08, 2018
A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos has sentenced one Miracle Ita to two years imprisonment for trafficking a 16 year old girl from Oron, Akwa-Ibom to Lagos for prostitution. She is to also pay a fine of N250, 000.

Miracle Ita, 27 year old and a mother of 2 who is a professional prostitute was arrested by operatives of the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) on July 15, 2016 at Okon Brothel, Ajah, Lagos where she was exploiting the victim.

When she was arraigned in Court on February 24, 2016, she pleaded not guilty to the one count charge of trafficking in persons preferred against her. Upon that plea, trial on the case with Charge number, FHC/L/57C/2016 commenced on May 12, 2016. Subsequently, the parties adopted their final written addresses on December 11, 2017.

Delivering judgement on Tuesday, Honourable Justice Obiozor found her guilty and subsequently sentenced her to 2 years imprisonment with additional fine of N250,000 (Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira only).

In her reaction to the verdict, the Director-General of NAPTIP, Dame Julie Okah-Donli expressed appreciation to the trial Judge and the judiciary for rising up to the occasion in the fight against human trafficking.

She said that NAPTIP with the cooperation of the judiciary and other sister Law Enforcement Agencies will leave no stones unturned in ridding the country of human trafficking.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/mother-of-2-jailed-for-human-trafficking.html

Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by ChangeIsCostant: 1:10pm On Feb 08, 2018
cc; lalasticlala
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by ipobarecriminals: 1:13pm On Feb 08, 2018
sad pathetic
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by johnnyn1(m): 1:20pm On Feb 08, 2018
undecided
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by Jochabed(f): 1:27pm On Feb 08, 2018
I love that!! He should be kept in there till he repents.

1 Like

Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by Pierced(f): 1:34pm On Feb 08, 2018
Peeps like this should b sentenced to to life imprisonment.

If u must do human trafficking......... traffic ur own kids.

5 Likes

Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by Dockybae(f): 5:21pm On Feb 08, 2018
Ok
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by kvngjesse(m): 5:22pm On Feb 08, 2018
Ok
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by Oshapranpran: 5:22pm On Feb 08, 2018
Fine woman

9 Likes

Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by geostrata(m): 5:22pm On Feb 08, 2018
sad
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by Partnerbiz(f): 5:23pm On Feb 08, 2018
Good for her.
That's a barbaric act..

SEE BELOW.

Contact me for Nairaland data promo offer..

Offer is limited. Waste no more time.

See testimonies below

Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by AFONJAboiy: 5:23pm On Feb 08, 2018
Tecno W5 for sale 25k

5months old

I stay around ajah

Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by omocalabar(m): 5:23pm On Feb 08, 2018
Finally,..My people are making headlines undecided grin tongue
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by cupidFlint(m): 5:23pm On Feb 08, 2018
Ù
Jochabed:
Sorry dear its a "She" and not a "He"

8 Likes

Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by toluleke(m): 5:23pm On Feb 08, 2018
If prison wards are to be exposed their are so many atrocities committed in the prisons than the outside word. That why you see them hardly change for the better when out. But 16 years old the heart of some people wicked though
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by oloriadejoke(f): 5:25pm On Feb 08, 2018
this life na real wa
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by MorataFC: 5:25pm On Feb 08, 2018
cupidFlint:
Ù Sorry dear its a "She" and not a "He"
...and so?
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by skyba: 5:26pm On Feb 08, 2018
Jochabed:
What is this one saying here, abeg pack well oo no b gay business b dis

1 Like

Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by KrystosCJ(m): 5:26pm On Feb 08, 2018
Where are their pimps?
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by benn94(m): 5:27pm On Feb 08, 2018
Look at her flat head...na them
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 08, 2018
More of this kinda judgement pleaseee.
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by juwoonn(m): 5:27pm On Feb 08, 2018
This trafficking thing is becoming more serious
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by Balkan(m): 5:27pm On Feb 08, 2018
Which one is not a professional prostitute ?

A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos has sentenced one Miracle Ita to two years imprisonment for trafficking a 16 year old girl from Oron, Akwa-Ibom to Lagos for prostitution. She is to also pay a fine of N250, 000.

Miracle Ita, 27 year old and a mother of 2 who is a professional prostitute was arrested by operatives of the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) on July 15, 2016 at Okon Brothel, Ajah, Lagos where she was exploiting the victim.

When she was arraigned in Court on February 24, 2016, she pleaded not guilty to the one count charge of trafficking in persons preferred against her. Upon that plea, trial on the case with Charge number, FHC/L/57C/2016 commenced on May 12, 2016. Subsequently, the parties adopted their final written addresses on December 11, 2017.

Delivering judgement on Tuesday, Honourable Justice Obiozor found her guilty and subsequently sentenced her to 2 years imprisonment with additional fine of N250,000 (Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira only).

In her reaction to the verdict, the Director-General of NAPTIP, Dame Julie Okah-Donli expressed appreciation to the trial Judge and the judiciary for rising up to the occasion in the fight against human trafficking.

She said that NAPTIP with the cooperation of the judiciary and other sister Law Enforcement Agencies will leave no stones unturned in ridding the country of human trafficking.
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by UniqueFarmer: 5:29pm On Feb 08, 2018
I apologize in advance for my digression. I am really getting fustrated. How do I get Seun or Nairaland admin attention? I made payment into Seun's account two months ago to place my advert on Nairaland after the advert was approved. Evidence of payment was immediately sent to the email i was advised to respond to. What baffles me is that till this moment, I have not received an email acknowledging payment not to mention having my advert posted. Is it that no one monitors payment made into Seun account or that the email address is dormant? I have sent several reminders to no avail. Can anyone assist? Thanks.
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by cupidFlint(m): 5:30pm On Feb 08, 2018
MorataFC:
...and so?
go get your brain checked

2 Likes

Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by DonGtoG1(m): 5:51pm On Feb 08, 2018
Pierced:
Peeps like this should b sentenced to to life imprisonment.

If u must do human trafficking......... traffic ur own kids.

Even own kids trafficking is same as human trafficking and not in anyway acceptable!
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by Quality20(m): 5:52pm On Feb 08, 2018
prostitution is a big time business over there and it's kind of legal and practised openly, they fear nobody cos they know most ppl there don't see it as big deal or crime
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:53pm On Feb 08, 2018
Well deserved.
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by hoodedjaystrim(m): 6:05pm On Feb 08, 2018
Jochabed:
Bae Its A Lady
Re: 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) by Yinxies(f): 6:09pm On Feb 08, 2018
Trafficking a 16yr old. Its possible the 16yr consented to it... Just saying

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Nephews Killed My Mother - Nigerian Man Based In Italy (Graphic Pics) / Mambilla Militia Kill Alhaji In Taraba Over Cattle Ranch (Graphic Photos) / Three Nigerians Arrested For Drug Smuggling In Indonesia May Face Death Penalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.