Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,355 members, 7,836,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court (19020 Views)

PDP Accuses APC, Presidency Of Fresh Plot To Rig In Kano, Lagos, 14 Other States / IPOB Drags Orji Uzor Kalu To Court Over Comment About Nnamdi Kanu’s Location / Ibrahim Idris Withdraws Policemen Attached To VIPs, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by brookz: 2:07pm On Feb 09, 2018
Hehehehe, Abeg wer Mazi Albino enta na?

Biko, make wuna help us tellam dat d Phyton has finished dancing since last year. D Exile is enuf like dis and he should come out of Hiding na.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by cursedAbiola(f): 2:07pm On Feb 09, 2018
sarrki should spell correctly first
grin
Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 09, 2018
sarrki:
What is Igbos ?

Do us court have jurisdiction over Nigeria ?

I thought they are educated ?

It shows they are not

Kid....

1 Like

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by flyn: 2:08pm On Feb 09, 2018
yarimo:
This terrorist IPOBIANS are bunch of fools. Us court ko north Korea court NI
hahaha!! cry cry baby

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by kernel504(m): 2:08pm On Feb 09, 2018
sarrki:

Does it mean you are ipob terrorist ?

Always posting Igbos thread

Sarrki, IPOB havnt hurt anybody you know, just asking out of Nigeria. Be more mindful of Nigeria, offer solution to those areas were more interested Nigerians reside, like Benue, Nassarawa, Taraba and Jos. Dont be antagonist.

Nigeria needs you more, an average Igbo man doesnt want Nigeria. Small countries are having better life, na sware say naija no go better?

6 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by DocHMD: 2:09pm On Feb 09, 2018
yarimo:

E pepper your muslim aboki skull no be small. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 09, 2018
sarrki:
What is Igbos ?

It shows they are not
Mumu u neva anything yet.
No hiding place for terrorists, they must be brought to book.
boo ratai, boo hari etal MUST pay for their crimes, u can kill urself

1 Like

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by mvem(m): 2:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
mbos:
After losing His father , He is about to face a trial that will embalm him for live in jail.
...are you kidding me...who will jail him, US?....I think you don't really know how the world works....dillusion!!!... No other country can do you anything, the only way u can be arrested for any wrong doing overseas is by the ICC and normally done to War Criminal...and I mean War...the process though is very long and not too efficient... There are brutal regime heads and people that have committed genocide walking freely.. The ICC is very weak and any country can pull out from them...

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
sarrki:
What is Igbos ?

It shows they are not

Hahaha this one is ode

Even after reading he didn't understand it

Well its just like explaining to a MER SURYA the issac neuton law

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by DocHMD: 2:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
brookz:
[s]Hehehehe, Abeg wer Mazi Albino enta na?

Biko, make wuna help us tellam dat d Phyton has finished dancing since last year. D Exile is enuf like dis and he should come out of Hiding na[/s].

See this one and him dry jokes wey empty like yusuf buhari's broken skull . Pwahahaha! cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by kernel504(m): 2:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
yarimo:

Look at the idiots whose fther is a terrorist,moozlem fanatics.
Boko Haram
Fulani Herdsmen

3rd and 4th respectivly on global terrorist list.

We will never give in to your unity begging idiotss, bombers.

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by kernel504(m): 2:14pm On Feb 09, 2018
brookz:
Hehehehe, Abeg wer Mazi Albino enta na?

Biko, make wuna help us tellam dat d Phyton has finished dancing since last year. D Exile is enuf like dis and he should come out of Hiding na.

As your fther who just commited suicid.
Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by hammer6F: 2:16pm On Feb 09, 2018
sarrki:
What is Igbos ?

It shows they are not

LOLLZ I REMEBER MY EARLIER POINT IN THE OTHER THREAD THAT U WHERE CLAIMING POWER.
Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by brookz: 2:16pm On Feb 09, 2018
A Pained Pig from Potor Republic Spotted. Ma Bloda how market?

DocHMD:

See this one and him dry jokes wey empty like yusuf buhari's broken skull . Pwahahaha! cheesy cheesy
Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by Unseen(m): 2:19pm On Feb 09, 2018
sarrki:
What is Igbos ?

It shows they are not

I understand that in your rush to be FTC, you didn't read it properly ..... Please read below

nwakibie3:

The suit was filed based on two US’ statutes; the Alien Tort Claims Act (ATCA or ATS – the Alien Tort Statute) and the Torture Victims Protection Act (TVPA).

Both laws have extra-territorial reach, meaning they allow US federal courts to assert long-arm jurisdiction which extends beyond the borders of US.

ATCA provides that ‘the district courts shall have original jurisdiction on any civil action by an alien (foreigner) for a civil wrong committed in violation of the law of nations or a treaty of the United States.’

Since 1980, courts have interpreted this statute to allow foreign citizens to seek remedies in US courts, for human rights violations and for conducts committed outside the US.

The TVPA of 1991 is a statute which permits civil suits in the US against foreign individuals who, acting in an official capacity for any foreign nation, committed torture and/or extra-judicial killings.

http://sunnewsonline.com/ipob-drags-army-chief-igp-others-to-us-court/
Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by solid3(m): 2:21pm On Feb 09, 2018
If they refuse to appear in the US court, will the US judge order their arrest in Nigeria?
Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by brookz: 2:23pm On Feb 09, 2018
Wetin dis Confused Flat Headed Pig dy talk? Me no get time for E-miscreants like u pls.

kernel504:

As your fther who just commited suicid.

1 Share

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by kernel504(m): 2:29pm On Feb 09, 2018
brookz:
Wetin dis Confused Flat Headed Pig dy talk? Me no get time for E-miscreants like u pls.

Is it true Awo committed suiciding, sorry correct me, please.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by brookz: 2:33pm On Feb 09, 2018
kernel504:

Is it true Awo committed suiciding, sorry correct me, please.

Goan ask that Albino that is Responsible for your Present illusive Predicament.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by kernel504(m): 2:36pm On Feb 09, 2018
brookz:

Goan ask that Albino that is Responsible for your Present illusive Predicament.

I asked Afonja, he said is Alimi. Is it true?
Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by frankmoney(m): 2:37pm On Feb 09, 2018
stev120:

you are the biggest illiterate in Naira land

read the article again. ..

The suit was filed based on two US’ statutes; the Alien Tort Claims Act (ATCA or ATS – the Alien Tort Statute) and the Torture Victims Protection Act (TVPA).
Both laws have extra-territorial reach, meaning they allow US federal courts to assert long-arm jurisdiction which extends beyond the borders of US...
so if found guilty they will be arrested in naija ? Really bro ?

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by afbstrategies: 2:38pm On Feb 09, 2018
sarrki:
What is Igbos ?

It shows they are not

It's not about the number of comments or posts you make on Nairaland. It's about making sense. I am marveled at your ignorance and lack of reasoning. You are the uneducated one here undecided

1 Like

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by oluwaahmed: 2:43pm On Feb 09, 2018
NtoAkwaIbom:
Its very shameful to see that all the idiots above do not know that the USA hv no jurisdiction whatsoever over Nigeria..
Even the United Nations have only as much jurisdiction dat the Nigerian government wishes to submit and surrender to it.

Can the United States govt compel Nigeria to pay reparations to Ipobians ? Even the US govt itself does not submit to the UN, as seen in the Guatamala case, and currently in the Jerusalem crisis, and yet these Ipobians bliv the same US will force us, to grant them their hrt desires..

If those people have assets in the us they will have no other option but to attend court sessions and defend themselves. Otherwise it was a fruitful effort. But I know IPOB am sure those people will have property in the us
Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by Yankee101: 2:44pm On Feb 09, 2018
Yep, if you are in power and become complicit in decisions that gets innocent Nigerians killed, you'll be sued internationally where you can't bribe or influence anyone.

And your assests worldwide will be affected. Shebi it's money you care more about?

If it's too gory you'll be banned from international trips and face human rights charges at the ICC after office.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by LZAA: 2:46pm On Feb 09, 2018
nwakibie3:
Jeff Amechi Agbodo, Onitsha

The proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has dragged the Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, Inspector General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris, and 14 other Nigerian officials to a United States of America District Court over alleged complicity in the extra-judicial killings of its members.

IPOB alleged that the extra-judicial killings happened during protests over the arrest and detention of its leader, Nnamdi Kanu.

Those dragged to the US court, aside Buratai and Idris are: Lawal Musa Daura; Ibrahim Attahiru; M.I. Ibrahim; Kasim Umar Sidi; Issah Maigari Abdullahi; former IGP Solomon Arase; Abia and Anambra state governors, Okezie Ikpeazu and Willie Obiano; Habila Hosea; Peter Nwagbara; James Oshim Nwafor; Hosea Karma; Bassey Abang and Johnson Babatunde Kokumo.

Both laws have extra-territorial reach, meaning they allow US federal courts to assert long-arm jurisdiction which extends beyond the borders of US.

ATCA provides that ‘the district courts shall have original jurisdiction on any civil action by an alien (foreigner) for a civil wrong committed in violation of the law of nations or a treaty of the United States.’

Since 1980, courts have interpreted this statute to allow foreign citizens to seek remedies in US courts, for human rights violations and for conducts committed outside the US.

The TVPA of 1991 is a statute which permits civil suits in the US against foreign individuals who, acting in an official capacity for any foreign nation, committed torture and/or extra-judicial killings.

In the suit, IPOB’s Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, said the banned group’s lawyers argued that “the case is convincing.

“Beyond the latest processes, and at the ensuing trial, Buratai, Ikpeazu, Obiano and others, will be required to personally appear before the US court to testify under oath and cross-examination that will dwell on the details…

http://sunnewsonline.com/ipob-drags-army-chief-igp-others-to-us-court/
"The suit was filed based on two US’ statutes; the Alien Tort Claims Act (ATCA or ATS – the Alien Tort Statute) and the Torture Victims Protection Act (TVPA)."
zombies and goblins wee not read this part but will rush into the thread grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by LZAA: 2:47pm On Feb 09, 2018
sarrki:
What is Igbos ?
It shows they are not

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by Yakson09: 2:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
nwakibie3:

guy does it mean that u don't have work?
is nairaland ur means of livelihood?
jumping from one thread to another
E PAIN AM
Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by akiOYIBO: 2:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
sarrki:
What is Igbos ?
It shows they are not
Hear yourself well before you spew

1 Like

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by LZAA: 3:03pm On Feb 09, 2018
ishowdotgmail:

that coward
if a coward can cause nightmares for many ppl and have such a following without paying cash to his group's fans then that's one strong COWARD grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by africanman85: 3:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
Xisnin:
Illiterate dreamer, how many foreigners have ever been jailed by the US? You guys are so gullible.
Charles Taylor

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by Xisnin(m): 3:14pm On Feb 09, 2018
africanman85:
Charles Taylor
Charles Taylor was not jailed by the US. The US has no jurisdiction over foreign countries
unless through illegal wars or if caught committing crimes inside the US.
Do your research and tell me just one, just one foreign leader or actor that have ever been jailed
by the US.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Drags Buratai, Ibrahim Idris, 14 Other Nigerians To US Court by mbos: 3:17pm On Feb 09, 2018
Xisnin:

Illiterate dreamer, how many foreigners have ever been jailed by the US?
You guys are so gullible.

you are a kid indeed

Do you know about president Noriega of Panama in the 80s

the ans is NO cos your where not born then,,listen to Elders

He spent over 25 yrs in jail,,, but for Buratai it will be life.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 State With Best Road Network In Nigeria / Take Me To Court, Bode George Dares Tinubu / Pictures Of Ongoing Projects At ESUTH, College Of Medicine Igbo Eno, Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.