Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

We Are The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Poor And Backward - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Are The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Poor And Backward (806 Views)

Pastor Carlton Apologizes After Calling Church Members ‘poor’ And ‘broke’ / Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. / Studies Has Shown That The Most Religious Countries Are The Poorest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Poor And Backward by mcemmy0z: 5:10pm On Feb 09, 2018
Do we offend God for making our lifes so uncomfortable, or do we chose to live our life like this, or because we chose to ignore our forefathers gods and pay attention to foreign gods that leads to the catastrophe we are in today.
I cant really phantom why we are so backward, the whole world are moving forward yet Africa and black people in general decide to remain in one position.
Everyone knows that we are the most religous race and we love going to mosque and church and it has never reflect in our life, government or our system, can I say God didn't give a fucck about us, why do we keep praying and nothing seems to change. Or God is on vacation.
Churchs are even worst, the only thing my pastor know is tithing and offering, every Sunday he keep preaching payment of tithe, I don't know maybe adeboye is paying him extra money if there is increment in the money he send to headquarter. They've ignore the spiritual mater and focused on material things. Money this money that. if this is how the early missionary behave who's going to accept them.
We all have bad leaders across the continent, is like there are demons processing them cause they all think same way to embezzle our money and keep destroying the economy that's already destroyed. No single leader can stand out and say his hands are clean .
What have we done wrong to deserve these evils.
80% of our youths are wayward, involving their self into different crimes, money ritual, Internet fraud, cultism. They are always looking for a way to get quick riches.
China, Indian are far ahead of us in technology we can't even boast of anything.
Who I'm i to blame ? God, our leaders or spiritual leaders.
Re: We Are The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Poor And Backward by Ronpet777(m): 5:20pm On Feb 09, 2018
Religious not godly. Two different things.
Chinese pple r very godly folks as are d Indians. Africans r just dogmatic and hypocritical abt their religiousness. U hardly find true believers among the millions that turn up at churches or mosques on Sundays and Fridays. Most just do it religiously and return quickly to their shady dealings. Blame d pple not d God.

1 Like

Re: We Are The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Poor And Backward by TomHagen: 5:21pm On Feb 09, 2018
It is because there is no correlation between religion and national or continental development.
Re: We Are The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Poor And Backward by TomHagen: 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2018
Ronpet777:
Religious not godly. Two different things.
What's the difference between the two.
Re: We Are The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Poor And Backward by madridguy(m): 5:28pm On Feb 09, 2018
We are only religious and not spiritual.
Re: We Are The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Poor And Backward by babasolution: 5:29pm On Feb 09, 2018
honestly bro,sometimes i wonder why africa cant improve much after all these years,i wonder why the leaders are so wicked,we are so religious yet so backward,our religion seems not to be helping yet we keep at it,people just carry on,we pray and pray yet no progres,the churches all utilise systems and technologies developed by so called unbelieving nations,i wonder what makes us better as belivers cos all the evils practised in other nations are also practiced here,i think the younger generation will have a huge role to play in developing africa,cos the older generation are the perpetuators of these useless religiousity and backwardness of africa,we the youths must change these ideas whenever we get to leadership,no matter how long it takes,we have to practise skill development and not church or mosque development
Re: We Are The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Poor And Backward by Ayoemrys(m): 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2018
Uhn Afi suuru

Re: We Are The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Poor And Backward by madridguy(m): 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2018
A Godly person will always love every creatures and do to others the good thing. But a religious person will only carry religion for head like akara and still be doing bad thing.

Examples of religious people are our Nigerians politicians. You see them going to Mosque every day/ not missing Church yet this won't stop them from looting our treasury.

Examples of Godly people are the whites, you hardly see them talk about religion not to talk of going to Church/Mosque but they love all man kind. Individual will send aid to war region, you see them raising money for people suffering from Malaria in Africa whereas Africa billionaire derives joy in how many fleet of cars he has in garage but the Godly whites derives joy in giving charity.

My opinion though.

TomHagen:

1 Like

Re: We Are The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Poor And Backward by mcemmy0z: 5:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
babasolution:
honestly bro,sometimes i wonder why africa cant improve much after all these years,i wonder why the leaders are so wicked,we are so religious yet so backward,our religion seems not to be helping yet we keep at it,people just carry on,we pray and pray yet no progres,the churches all utilise systems and technologies developed by so called unbelieving nations,i wonder what makes us better as belivers cos all the evils practised in other nations are also practiced here,i think the younger generation will have a huge role to play in developing africa,cos the older generation are the perpetuators of these useless religiousity and backwardness of africa,we the youths must change these ideas whenever we get to leadership,no matter how long it takes,we have to practise skill development and not church or mosque development

The younger generation are even worst.
90 percent of youth in my state are in to yahoo yahoo and I believe thats same for other states. Do you think such youth will help in developing our nation.
Re: We Are The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Poor And Backward by rekinomtla(m): 5:45pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nothing to do with religion. In fact back in the day when Europe was very religious it produced some of the greatest geniuses mankind has ever known, many of them very religious individuals.
Re: We Are The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Poor And Backward by babasolution: 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2018
mcemmy0z:

The younger generation are even worst.
90 percent of youth in my state are in to yahoo yahoo and I believe thats same for other states. Do you think such youth will help in developing our nation.

yes,the youths have a different mindset,the youths want a better life,they have a different mindset and better approach to things,though we need honest,intelligent and progressive youths to be in the forefront of the change,when the crime oriented youths see what their fellow youths are doing,i think they would change disposition,but what is important is the change in mindset from the slavelike, dull,weak,antiprogressive mentality that the older generation have,not necessarily decency or moral values
Re: We Are The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Poor And Backward by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 09, 2018
I keep saying this but, Religion is not the problem. Have you noticed how Arab countries who are religious are progressing rapidly even faster than Europe and Americas? The country of Qatar is fairly young but progressing so rapidly. How about Dubai or Saudi Arabia?

Africa, Nigeria is a very blessed nation. Land, natural resources, man capita etc..

Just under BAD MANAGEMENT.

The solution is multi-pronged, multi-faceted and will take generation to make it stick because it will take a total brain/mind resetting and reshaping.

Somehow, I see the solution as being very easy. Just elect a proper no nonsense leader who will affect real and sustainable change.

Just start small, but start somewhere.............

PS: I also think there is something to the biblical "blessings of the descendants of Abraham" that explains why a lot European/Asian countries are progressing faster than Africans. If you look at history, a lot of achievements and "geniuses" of the world are from the Jews or Jewish origin and still so today.
Re: We Are The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Poor And Backward by mcemmy0z: 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2018
Xiadnat:
I keep saying this but, Religion is not the problem. Have you noticed how Arab countries who are religious are progressing rapidly even faster than Europe and Americas? The country of Qatar is fairly young but progressing so rapidly. How about Dubai or Saudi Arabia?

Africa, Nigeria is a very blessed nation. Land, natural resources, man capita etc..

Just under BAD MANAGEMENT.

PS: I also think there is something to the biblical "blessings of the descendants of Abraham" that explains why a lot European/Asian countries are progressing faster than Africans. If you look at history, a lot of achievements and "geniuses" of the world are from the Jews or Jewish origin and still so today.

......... Are we descendants of Ham?
Re: We Are The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Poor And Backward by Ronpet777(m): 7:44pm On Feb 09, 2018
madridguy:
A Godly person will always love every creatures and do to others the good thing. But a religious person will only carry religion for head like akara and still be doing bad thing.

Examples of religious people are our Nigerians politicians. You see them going to Mosque every day/ not missing Church yet this won't stop them from looting our treasury.

Examples of Godly people are the whites, you hardly see them talk about religion not to talk of going to Church/Mosque but they love all man kind. Individual will send aid to war region, you see them raising money for people suffering from Malaria in Africa whereas Africa billionaire derives joy in how many fleet of cars he has in garage but the Godly whites derives joy in giving charity.

My opinion though.

Well said. Except that a godly person will most likely go to church or mosque and may also not attend as much as a religious person wud. One is simply a pretender while d other has a better hrt towards men and God.
Re: We Are The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Poor And Backward by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 09, 2018
mcemmy0z:

......... Are we descendants of Ham?

There's something to be said about that. Africans' being the 'cursed' descendants of ham have being debated for ages.

In Genesis 9:20-27- it is said that Noah blessed his two sons, shem (Abrahams/jewish ancestory), japhreth (modern asia), but cursed sons of ham (now modern Africans roughly) for his egregious behavior.

But, as if Noah's blessings weren't enough, even still, Patriach Abraham and his descendant were also given direct blessings from God himself (Genesis 12).

But, today, I believe by my adoption into Yeshua Hamaschiach, I am an heir and partake in the inheritance of Abrahamic blessings/covenant. . Although, my maternal grandpapi is convinced that my family are part of Ibo Jews. And we may well be just that, my siblings are geniuses in their own right. grin

Nevertheless, I still believe African people are their own worst enemy. And, I believe we can rise above this so called 'generational' curse and become great. It will happen if the lord tarries. I mean, this thread proves there are sparks of fire igniting already. We need to keep fanning the flame. I wish Seun Osewa will use his IT and social media savy to aid this mission.

Elon Musk Falcon Heavy project was once but a spark when he was being bullied in the streets of South Africa. I just love this guy, I don't know why. Something about him really...........like I think we will get on quite famously if we meet.

But, I digress.............

1 Like

Re: We Are The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Poor And Backward by Ronpet777(m): 8:01pm On Feb 09, 2018
TomHagen:
Someone answered it up there.
To add, one is based in the hrt d other is based on show off and hypocrisy.
Most Africans are just religious cos they want quickfix to their problems and will not sit and think on how to Solve problems after prayers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Poor And Backward by mcemmy0z: 8:34pm On Feb 09, 2018
Xiadnat:

There's something to be said about that. Africans' being the 'cursed' descendants of ham have being debated for ages.

In Genesis 9:20-27- it is said that Noah blessed his two sons, shem (Abrahams/jewish ancestory), japhreth (modern asia), but cursed sons of ham (now modern Africans roughly) for his egregious behavior.

But, as if Noah's blessings weren't enough, even still, Patriach Abraham and his descendant were also given direct blessings from God himself (Genesis 12).

But, today, I believe by my adoption into Yeshua Hamaschiach, I am an heir and partake in the inheritance of Abrahamic blessings/covenant. . Although, my maternal grandpapi is convinced that my family are part of Ibo Jews. And we may well be just that, my siblings are geniuses in their own right. grin

Nevertheless, I still believe African people are their own worst enemy. And, I believe we can rise above this so called 'generational' curse and become great. It will happen if the lord tarries. I mean, this thread proves there are sparks of fire igniting already. We need to keep fanning the flame. I wish Seun Osewa will use his IT and social media savy to aid this mission.

Elon Musk Falcon Heavy project was once but a spark when he was being bullied in the streets of South Africa. I just love this guy, I don't know why. Something about him really...........like I think we will get on quite famously if we meet.

But, I digress.............

You said well

But I don't agree on that point that God could answer noah prayer .
Why would God answer such prayer because someone saw his father unclothedness and this has to affect a whole continent just because of unclothedness , that God must be wicked.

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Sunday School Manual(18/02/2018) Turning The Tide / Receive As You Hear The Good News - Joseph Prince / God Created The Universe With Words, Why Couldn't He Forgive Our Sins With Same?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.