Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,795 members, 7,956,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:50 PM

The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) (38389 Views)

Beijing Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony In Pictures / Team Nigeria At The 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony / Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Abogwara: 4:32am On Feb 10, 2018
slysteel:
They funded themselves and a few Americans donated to them on a go fund me campaign they carried out,,Nigeria didn't invest a dime on the girls.

That's patriotism and they deserve honor whether they win or lose in order to encourage other patriots.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by iluvpomo(m): 4:34am On Feb 10, 2018
Cool but they are Americans
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by iluvpomo(m): 4:36am On Feb 10, 2018
Bullhari007:
no wonder they look fresh , make them no think Home for now, ppl way dey home they plan how to escape even if nah Bangladesh
You are killing me Bros grin
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by drlateef: 4:36am On Feb 10, 2018
Bullhari007:
if I were them I will never return to this shithole...
They are based in America. They have American passport. Their love for Nigeria is making them participate in Nigerian colours.
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by iluvpomo(m): 4:41am On Feb 10, 2018
slysteel:
They funded themselves and a few Americans donated to them on a go fund me campaign they carried out,,Nigeria didn't invest a dime on the girls.
Wow - amazing hustle
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by lawnreigh(m): 5:35am On Feb 10, 2018
Gangster1ms:
This country sha.. look at their funny costumes. Do they think they are going there to be a mascot? Smh
You only hear about winter, you don't know what it really means, if you know you wouldn't be saying that. You dress tovsurvive in winter not to impress, get that intovyou head
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Nobody: 6:16am On Feb 10, 2018
I'm not worried about runaway athletes...cold will chase them back grin
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 8:10am On Feb 10, 2018
drlateef:

They are based in America. They have American passport. Their love for Nigeria is making them participate in Nigerian colours.
there is no love here.... a crippled man is a king in the land of a blind men... meanwhile they opt for Shithole because they are inferiority in their abode
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 8:12am On Feb 10, 2018
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 8:17am On Feb 10, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
why
if you are not useful to the country now
you are useless to us in the future
I will be useful to the shithole when buhari grow common sense... gerrout of here young man
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 8:18am On Feb 10, 2018
Phi001:

You know the example you gave doesn't follow the point the made.
what point
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 8:21am On Feb 10, 2018
ThisKC:

Your posts all reek of ignorance let me give you a full run down, you shouldn't have any questions or doubts after this and if you do, google is your friend.

The bobsled team consists of 3 (Adigun 31, Onwumere 25, Omeoga 26) athletes who've represented Nigeria (and won medals) at Olympics or All Africa games, the 'skeleton' event lady Simi 36, failed at qualifiers to rep Nigeria for 2008 olympics. This is not their first time representing Nigeria but their first in this sport. Adigun their captain read that Nigeria -Africa in general- has never been to the winter olympics, decided to give it a try and reached out to others (they had never tried this sport before, infact Simi rode her first sled in September 2017!!!).
Qualifier method is:
1) Be the official no1 in your country.
2) Complete official 5 races on differet courses(not as easy as it sounds).
3) Come out in the qualifying places. (these races obviously are against the best from other countries).

Bottomline: they were all born in US, they've competed in Nigeria's name in athletics in the past, they entered this sport for the sake of Nigeria and Africa at large (Adigun has 2 Masters and a PhD, the two others in her team had white collar jobs at the time she reached out to them) cut them some slack please, encourage them!!!
I encourage them, but the shithole did not deserve the glory... money dey work baboon dey chop
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by oloriLFC(f): 9:53am On Feb 10, 2018
ThisKC:

Why won't they make the US team? If you know anything about them, you'd know they didn't start this sport professionally as kids. Out of dedication in preparation for this games, they went to Canada for camp for snow. Besides, they went through qualifiers to get to this level.

Don't take anything from their hustle, if they rep USA wahala, if they rep 9ja still wahala say dem do dey good enough. Wetin una want sef?
I tire 4 some pple and most times i just ignore their comments cos it's annoying. Here are young ladies who decided 2 put their country's name on d global map, they askd 4 nothing yet we slander them. even if they retrn with no medal, they shd be commended and encouraged.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Mondagbe: 10:00am On Feb 10, 2018
Govt better support them very well since they have taken the so glad initiative to represent the country on their own...
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by mommaJ(f): 10:55am On Feb 10, 2018
IjeleNwa:
email me at ijelenwa2016@gmail.com and believe God
Emailed you...please check your mail.Thank you
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by galaxy2020(m): 11:12am On Feb 10, 2018
Waoo! This is creative. Beautiful. Wish them the best.
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by mechanics(m): 12:43pm On Feb 10, 2018
looking good.
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 10, 2018
IjeleNwa:
email me at ijelenwa2016@gmail.com and believe God
email received and replied. #thanks
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by ElPhoche(m): 5:53pm On Feb 10, 2018
Bullhari007:
tongue tongue tongue
I no deh Nigeria, ntoooo tongue tongue tongue. Still be waiting for Lugard grin grin
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 9:48pm On Feb 10, 2018
ElPhoche:

I no deh Nigeria, ntoooo tongue tongue tongue. Still be waiting for Lugard grin grin
you are in Libya right help me greet my ancestors in advance ntooor tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by ElPhoche(m): 2:06am On Feb 11, 2018
Bullhari007:
you are in Libya right help me greet my ancestors in advance ntooor tongue tongue tongue
I am not in Libya, tongue tongue. The pix here is in a zoo in the US. I don't wanna show my face, so enjoy the dark marine atmosphere grin grin tongue tongue
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 7:31am On Feb 11, 2018
ElPhoche:
I am not in Libya, tongue tongue. The pix here is in a zoo in the US. I don't wanna show my face, so enjoy the dark marine atmosphere grin grin tongue tongue

Young man gerrout of here , do you think I'm actually begging for exist visa from this shithole of a country Not really, I'm a duel citizen of Norway,Nigeria & Canada, born in norway, schooled in Nigeria and happily married to a Canadian lady, I was actually trying to catch fun, you that went to US to hustle has The POTUS
To look out for... Well I'm not praying for ur deportation ,
because the shithole of a con3 is no longer friendly since the very day the dullard From Daura took over

Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Pioneer18: 8:25am On Feb 11, 2018
mayweather145:
Later now u go dey hear say no money for accommodation or transport. Nija self I tire for this country.

You guys should just stop thinking bad of your country, it is one of the things affecting us. Moreover this guys are sponsoring themselves not the government, Nigeria don't partake in the winter Olympics.
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by ElPhoche(m): 2:52pm On Feb 11, 2018
Bullhari007:

Young man gerrout of here , do you think I'm actually begging for exist visa from this shithole of a country Not really, I'm a duel citizen of Norway,Nigeria & Canada, born in norway, schooled in Nigeria and happily married to a Canadian lady, I was actually trying to catch fun, you that went to US to hustle has The POTUS
To look out for... Well I'm not praying for ur deportation ,
because the shithole of a con3 is no longer friendly since the very day the dullard From Daura took over
I never insulted you, bro. I was catching fun. Which I believe that's what we were doing, a friendly banter. Am I mistaken?

Moreover, how can you be so wicked to be chooking that lady with your beards? grin tongue
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 3:32pm On Feb 11, 2018
ElPhoche:

I never insulted you, bro. I was catching fun. Which I believe that's what we were doing, a friendly banter. Am I mistaken?

Moreover, how can you be so wicked to be chooking that lady with your beards? grin tongue
hahahahaha funny dude, maybe I want to intimidate her with my beards like real African man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Celebrates His Daughter's Birthday (Photos) / Mexican Fans Went To Russia With Photo Of Friend Whose Wife Didn’t Let Him Go / Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.