Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,595 members, 7,958,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:20 AM

Where To Get .Wav Songs For My Mobile Phone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Where To Get .Wav Songs For My Mobile Phone? (4154 Views)

How I Rescued My Mobile Contacts From Armed Bandits / Yahoo Messenger On My Mobile Phone / How can I scan my mobile phone for viruses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where To Get .Wav Songs For My Mobile Phone? by rufaai(m): 11:38am On Dec 27, 2005
Dear All,

I want someone to help me with a website URL where i can get .wav songs for my mobile phone not really with Nigerian songs

But preferebly with Nigeria Songs

Thanks.
Re: Where To Get .Wav Songs For My Mobile Phone? by Farriel(m): 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2005
Rather than wait till someone gets you a URL where you can obtain WAVE songs from, I think you can go ahead creating these yourself. There are tons of tools on the web you could use for that.

Google for 'Audio Converters' for the conversion of your favourite MP3s and AACs into WAVE or WAV. JetAudio is a tight app for such functionalities and it's free. You can get it here: http://www.cowonamerica.com/download/

Next you need an audio cutter and joiner, which I think this might serve your purpose all too well... http://www.sagasoft.net/download/mp3cutterjoiner.exe The essence of this is to cut the part of the song you want, the parts you want to use as your ringtone, or mere listening.

Take Care Man, and happy ripping, cutting, joining, converting your way into WAVEland.
Re: Where To Get .Wav Songs For My Mobile Phone? by Seun(m): 1:15am On Dec 28, 2005
Won't .wav files be too large for a phone?
Re: Where To Get .Wav Songs For My Mobile Phone? by mamba(m): 3:00am On Dec 28, 2005
.wav files are really large and not recommended for music on a phone, unless you want to cut and fade for use as ringtones or have a samsung i300 or Nokia N91 with 3 to 4GB hard drive capacity..

Use the softwares farriel recommended cos wav songs aren't so common on net due to the large size..
Re: Where To Get .Wav Songs For My Mobile Phone? by rufaai(m): 9:22am On Dec 28, 2005
Yeah, .wav file are large but my handset supports it... I have 5MB in my phone... My handset doesnt accept MP3

Anyway, I also tried the converters. But what I realise is, when ever a file is converted, it doubles its size. As such i cant send it to my mobile.

So, How about .amr songs? Full Songs, not recorded but created!
Re: Where To Get .Wav Songs For My Mobile Phone? by Farriel(m): 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2006
OK Rufai,

If the files are too large, which occurs sometimes, re-convert the file using Windows Sound Recorder, reducing the bitrates and converting to the PCM format or any other preffered one.

Sound quality is obviously reduced, but file size is going to be comparatively lower.

(1) (Reply)

Unable To Complete BBM Setup Android Smartphone / Tecno's 2nd Worst Smartphone / Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.