Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (2084 Views)

Pls,help Me Out,am Confused / Christians, I Am Confused About Salvation,sin,forgiveness And Judgement. / Pls Am Really Confused About This Bible Passage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Officerricky(m): 12:46am On Apr 21, 2010
Re: . by jagunlabi(m): 6:41am On Apr 21, 2010
Officerricky:

I've come to realise that it doesn't really matter wat we do, how much we try to please God and obey his words, how much we earnestly yearn for His fellowship, how much input we put into the progress of His gospel. When the time comes for the "will of God", none of these are taken into consideration. God goes all the way to cause pains, break hearts, cause sorrows, agonies and regrets just for His glory to be made manifest. I can't but remember the blind man that was made blind for 38yrs just for God's glory. Some people are created and then some wicked qualities are instilled in them just for the glory of God to be made manifest. These things are just driving me crazy. I know u might wonder why i'm saying all these. It's just my mother. She gave God everything she'd, served Him, was devoted, prayed to Him for long life and prosperity. And all God paid her back with was untimely death at 45. I know somebody is going to tell me it's God's will but can't He just consider the pains and sorrows He causes to the people He created just to effect these wills. I'm just don't understand!
Why don't you just accept that your god is a mean, vile and sadistic SOB just like it is written in the OT and end ya confusion? The bible does not lie about his character, or have you forgotten that? The bible is the word of god. . .
Re: . by Enigma(m): 8:21am On Apr 21, 2010
@ Officerricky

May the soul of the faithful departed rest in peace and rise in glory.

I hope you find hope and comfort even amidst your grief; remember weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning.
Re: . by karo93: 8:36am On Apr 21, 2010
read the book of eclesiastes and you will see that solomon had the same questions and as he said

ecl.7.15
A good man may die while another man may live though he is evil.so dont be too good or too wise-why kill yourself?

ecl.4.2
i envy those who are dead and gone.they are better off than those who are still alive but better off than either are those who have never been born,who have never seen the injustice that goes on in this world.

ecl.9.2
the same fate comes to the righteous and the wicked,to the good and the bad,to the religious and those who are not.

ecl.8.12
i know they say if you obey God everything will be alright,,,,,,,,,,,14.but this is nonsense.

but paul had the best consolation as said in rom.9.20-but who are you my friend to ask God back?

ecl.8.16
i realised that i could stay up all night and day and never be able to understand what God is doing.

no one knows so take heart and get past it.stay blessed.
Re: . by manmustwac(m): 10:47am On Apr 21, 2010
Officerricky:

I've come to realise that it doesn't really matter wat we do, how much we try to please God and obey his words, how much we earnestly yearn for His fellowship, how much input we put into the progress of His gospel. When the time comes for the "will of God", none of these are taken into consideration. God goes all the way to cause pains, break hearts, cause sorrows, agonies and regrets just for His glory to be made manifest. I can't but remember the blind man that was made blind for 38yrs just for God's glory. Some people are created and then some wicked qualities are instilled in them just for the glory of God to be made manifest. These things are just driving me crazy. I know u might wonder why i'm saying all these. It's just my mother. She gave God everything she'd, served Him, was devoted, prayed to Him for long life and prosperity. And all God paid her back with was untimely death at 45. I know somebody is going to tell me it's God's will but can't He just consider the pains and sorrows He causes to the people He created just to effect these wills. I'm just don't understand!
I don't beleive your moda's death has got anything to do with god. Remember they say bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people.
Re: . by Image123(m): 11:24am On Apr 21, 2010
Accept my condolences, I feel your pain. But if mummy truly gave her all to God, then it means she gave her life to God, not to man. It means also that she's in a better place now. It is FAR better, at least for her. Take heart and do all it takes to see her again in heaven if you believe. May God's Spirit comfort and settle you, amen
Re: . by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:44am On Apr 21, 2010
To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Heaven is a better place than here. Believers in Christ just change location to be with Christ in heaven. Take heart and make heaven your goal you will see her again.

Re: . by e36991: 12:44pm On Apr 21, 2010
Officerricky:

@Officerricky

I feel your bewilderment, pain, hurt and misunderstanding . . .

Isaiah 57:1-2 KJV:

1The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away,

none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

2He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness.

Out of curiousty and with all respect Officerricky, can you do any better than GOD if allowed to play HIM, say for a day?
Re: . by otitokoro1: 11:54am On Apr 23, 2010
@ Poster,

Our God is not neccessarily fair, but He is just. He is faithful and He knows the reason behind all our "WHYs". I understand you really love your mother, I am happy you testified to her service to God. This is a good legacy she left for you. Follow the path so you can meet on that glorious day again. I am sure your mother is resting in christ prepared place, If you realy love your mother you should intensify effort in serving God without questioning His authority. Everyone knows even the pagans they acknowledge that God give life and He takes.

I pray that the Lord give you the fortitude to bear the loss.

Take heart and keep on the side of God.
Re: . by fashionkid(m): 12:57pm On Apr 23, 2010
Am sorry 4 ur lose man,but pls listen life favors d violent nt d good.refus 2 die nd death wil flee.Be violent in spirit
Re: . by o9999: 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2010
@ poster, i can imagine all you have heard from people who try to make it feel good, nothing EVER will be enough.
There is never a good time for someone to pass on, believe me, no time is ever acceptable dear,

But following your mail

Officerricky:

I've come to realise that it doesn't really matter wat we do, how much we try to please God and obey his words, how much we earnestly yearn for His fellowship, how much input we put into the progress of His gospel. When the time comes for the "will of God", none of these are taken into consideration.

I too have come to realise that since we cant help God's will, its best to resign to it.

When it brings u tears, cry it out to God.
When it brings u joy, Be extremely happy

I would only implore you not to make any hasty decisions on God now until the emotions are over (as they will definitely),
But no matter what blows your way, God still IS.
Re: . by richjohn1(m): 3:25pm On Apr 23, 2010
@OP
Sorry for your mum's loss I can say the same of my father, he loved god bla bla bla, his death wasn't lovely look religion doesn't change anything the earlier you realize it the better infact the worst gets the best and vice-versa.
Re: . by petres007(m): 3:29pm On Apr 23, 2010
@poster,

Please accept my heartfelt condolences! I know what its like to lose a loved one.

It is well enh?  embarassed embarassed embarassed cry
Re: . by noetic16(m): 10:47am On Apr 25, 2010
Officerricky:

emotional wreck is not an excuse for ignorance.
If ur mother truly served God like u claimed . . . . . .then u should be confident that she is in glory with the Lord.
Re: . by lafile(m): 12:32pm On Apr 25, 2010
I'm sure the title of this thread is supposed to be " I'm confused" or "I am confused".
Re: . by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2010
@poster
dsame mentality allmost evry xtian face wen face wit trouble.concernin dat of ur mum,av u 4goten wat d scripture says we take away the righteous before the day of evil.i once av that mentality during my post ume last year when i was not chosen but have you forgoten that of JOB.dont you know everytin av his reason.mayb GOD was tinkin dat if she leaves more than that year she may backslide.he loves her dat he really nid her by his side.
Re: . by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 1:59pm On Apr 25, 2010
@poster
dsame mentality allmost evry xtian face wen face wit trouble.concernin dat of ur mum,av u 4goten wat d scripture says we take away the righteous before the day of evil.i once av that mentality during my post ume last year when i was not chosen but have you forgoten that of JOB.dont you know everytin av his reason.mayb GOD was tinkin dat if she leaves more than that year she may backslide.he loves her dat he really nid her by his side.
Re: . by nuclearboy(m): 4:38pm On Apr 25, 2010
noetic16:

emotional wreck is not an excuse for ignorance.
If your mother truly served God like u claimed . . . . . .then u should be confident that she is in glory with the Lord.

@Noetic:

easy bro! I lost both of mine just a tad older than OP says his mum was AND IT WAS DEVASTATING. We can't all be strong always

@OP:

Most times, it takes awhile to understand things like this but I believe you might find out in 10 or so years that this was not the horror you see it as now. My mum was scheduled to go in for her first dialysis and the Surgeon told me we'd need two treatments a week at 15K/treatment probably for a long while (with no certainty of recovery) when she passed. Look at Yaradua, and see that money and life are not everything - the derision he's faced just on this site even in the poor health he's in is maybe worse than death itself. Tell him a life dog is better than a dead lion and he'll probably growl at you!

Try look inside yourself and you will find reason when you search enough to know that even in this, God is worthy of thanks.
Re: . by DeepSight(m): 5:53pm On Apr 25, 2010
Officerricky:

Be still.
Re: . by xword: 9:00pm On Apr 25, 2010
In all things give thanks; there are some things we can never understand, pl move on.
Re: . by vescucci(m): 11:36am On Apr 26, 2010
Your mom is dead. Death is never a punishment. It's just transition. All the stupid delusions that people spew about dying before their time is so absurd it's frightening. Don't expect God to give you a multimillion dollar contract because you have been good. His blessings of the spiritual nature. Peace of mind, love, joy, contentment, fulfillment etc. Being well off is not a bad thing but that is a means to attain other things and not an end in itself. God did you no wrong by taking her. If you're spiritual you'll believe she's better off now. I frankly don't know but you'll find out when you die too.
Re: . by ogwumgbe: 3:07pm On Apr 26, 2010
sorry, for the sad news about your mum's early depature. However, i 'd not like you to be confused anymore. The truth christians need to understand is that God is not responsible for any misfortune that happens to any body. Satan is responsible. For the thief cometh not but to steal, to kill, and to destroy, but I am come that they might have life, and have it more abundantly. The position of God in this scripture is abundance life, and not destruction. Also 3jn vs 2 says, " behold, i wish above all things that thy may prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. So you can see that God does not treat His children unfairly, our greatest enemy is ignorance. That is what deprive people of their right in Christ. Devil is real, God warns us in 1 pe, that we should be vigilante because our adversary the devil walketh about seeking whom he may devour. Also in ephesians 6 vs 12, we are insructed to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. We should put on the whole armour of God in order to defend our selves against the wiles of the devil. If we left ourselves un guarded as a result of our ignorance and doctrine, and got stricken by the devil's arrow, God can not be blamed for it pls, but ourselves. So we need to pick up all our armours and fight the good fight of faith as instructed by st paul to Timothy. Bible says that while men sleep, enemy went and sow tares among the wheat, misfortune is undoubtedly the result of our un willingness to fight the good fight of faith, and not God's fault pls.

1 Like

Re: . by Mudley313: 6:20am On Apr 27, 2010
ogwumgbe:

sorry, for the sad news about your mum's early depature. However, i 'd not like you to be confused anymore. The truth christians need to understand is that God is not responsible for any misfortune that happens to any body. Satan is responsible. For the thief cometh not but to steal, to kill, and to destroy, but I am come that they might have life, and have it more abundantly. The position of God in this scripture is abundance life, and not destruction. Also 3jn vs 2 says, " behold, i wish above all things that thy may prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. So you can see that God does not treat His children unfairly, our greatest enemy is ignorance. That is what deprive people of their right in Christ. Devil is real, God warns us in 1 pe, that we should be vigilante because our adversary the devil walketh about seeking whom he may devour. Also in ephesians 6 vs 12, we are insructed to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. We should put on the whole armour of God in order to defend our selves against the wiles of the devil. If we left ourselves un guarded as a result of our ignorance and doctrine, and got stricken by the devil's arrow, God can not be blamed for it pls, but ourselves. So we need to pick up all our armours and fight the good fight of faith as instructed by st paul to Timothy. Bible says that while men sleep, enemy went and sow tares among the wheat, misfortune is undoubtedly the result of our un willingness to fight the good fight of faith, and not God's fault pls.

um, @ bolded. so was satan responsible for the death of jesu kristi?
Re: . by ogwumgbe: 1:29pm On Apr 29, 2010
Are you Jesus Christ?

1 Like

Re: . by Officerricky(m): 6:23am On Apr 30, 2010
@ ogwumbe
Did u really say satan was responsible? Now how's that cuz i was thinking that on the day Jesus resurrected, he went down to hell to get the keys to death coupled to that of life he'd already gotten. Or did He leave some for satan? U know wat baffles me is that He promised in psalm 121 to keep us from all evil and yet when that evil comes, need i tell u?
Re: . by ogwumgbe: 9:51am On May 03, 2010
SATAN KILLS ANYONE THAT IS RELUCTANT TO TAKE THE FULL ADVANTAGE OF HIS FREEDOM IN CHRIST. WE'RE TOLD TO FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH. HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED THE SOCCER MATCH BETWEEN A FORMIDABLE TEAM AND AN UNDERDOG TEAM, THOUGH THE UNDERDOG KNEW THAT THE FORMDABLE TEAM WOULD WIN, HOWEVER, THEY CONTINUED TO PLAY, STRIVING HARD TO WIN THE FORMDABLE TEAM. IT IS THE SAME WITH THE WORK OF REDEMPTION IN CHRIST. DEVIL KNOWS THAT HE HAS BEEN DEFEATED, HENCE HE CONTINUED TO FIGHT TO WIN AGAINST ANY PERSON INGNORANT OF HIS RIGHTS IN CHRIST. THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY HIS FAITH. SLEEPING IS NOW ALLOWED IN CHRIST.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

You Want A Happy Marriage Then Read: / Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. / Crimes Of Prophet Mohammad Is Holy To Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.