Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. (24175 Views)

Nairalanders, Please Why Is God's Existence A Debate? / Who Else Have Had That Special Proof About God's Existence? / Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by Seun(m): 6:21pm On Feb 13, 2018
DavilleBadt:
Seun,
Seun,
Seun.
The time is coming when u will understand all these things.
Death is inevitable and when it comes u will understand.
Is it not better to believe there is a God and after everything you make Heaven than u not believing and u later regret and go to hell.
Think about this words.
Your argument is based on the premise that Christianity is the only religion in the world that could be true, which is false.

What if you die and find yourself in the presence of Prophet Muhammed and his God? All your years of worshipping Jesus as God would only add to your punishment in the Islamic hell, because worshipping a man as God is a grave sin in Islam. Does that worry you? If not, why not?

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by chemystery: 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2018
DavilleBadt:

God is the only true God and am sure you know dat yourself.
The world itself has testified to this.
Everyone's preferred god is the only true god. And they will also tell you that the world can testify to it too.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by chemystery: 6:41pm On Feb 13, 2018
DavilleBadt:

If I should start now I can't finish but bro the BIBLE is there for you.
People who have never met wrote the BIBLE and when joined together it shows that it was for God and from God. They never knew each other but God spoke to them.
If all the books of the bible are from god, then why were some books removed during compilation of the bible? How did they know which books were inspired by god and which weren't?

By the way, which of these bibles do you subscribe to and why?

Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by Deckline(m): 6:50pm On Feb 13, 2018
Satan has blinded their eyes. #Smh. 4000gods indeed.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by obafemee80(m): 7:07pm On Feb 13, 2018
Seun:
Your argument is based on the premise that Christianity is the only religion in the world that could be true, which is false.

What if you die and find yourself in the presence of Prophet Muhammed and his God? All your years of worshipping Jesus as God would only add to your punishment in the Islamic hell, because worshipping a man as God is a grave sin in Islam. Does that worry you? If not, why not?

I like ur analysis

Remember not all Christians believe that Jesus, the son of Mary is GOD

I still wonder why some people worship fellow human like them

2 Likes

Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by aminu790(m): 7:27pm On Feb 13, 2018
Seun:

Atheism is good to some people

1 Like

Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by OtemAtum: 8:12pm On Feb 13, 2018
Deckline:
Satan has blinded their eyes. #Smh. 4000gods indeed.
Below are the lists of gods(humans) worshipped as God Almighty: Moloch,Mazda, Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Nzame, Nyame... see more below:

1 Like

Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by OtemAtum: 8:16pm On Feb 13, 2018
more...

Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by dHumanist: 9:20pm On Feb 13, 2018
greiboy:
I have never really being to this section before, but I find your arguments intriguing

So in essence, you believe there is no spiritual entity in the world,? you believe everything can be explained with logic and science?

Are you a Nigerian?
So it's okay for Nigerians to cling to irrational beliefs which are in fact currently being discarded by their original creators (the west).

1 Like

Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 13, 2018
dHumanist:

So it's okay for Nigerians to cling to irrational beliefs which are in fact currently being discarded by their original creators (the west).

So the west must always dictate our beliefs and the ways we live our life ?
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by dHumanist: 9:37pm On Feb 13, 2018
jamescross:
first learn how to properly read and improve your poor understanding.

Even I reply you in simple terms you will not still understand if you didn't understand the simple points I made earlier. Good luck with your life
The guy asked you simple rational questions, your result to attacking his intellectual capacity shows that you're not willing to engage in a rational debate.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by hammer6F: 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2018
Seun:

KINDLY TELL YOUR BOY TO REINSTATE MY THREAD. angry
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by dHumanist: 9:44pm On Feb 13, 2018
greiboy:
So the west must always dictate our beliefs and the ways we live our life ?
Definitely no. Nevertheless, Christianity is a western belief system, and going by your statement isn't it high time we do away with another culture's beliefs about the most important aspects of reality?
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 13, 2018
dHumanist:

Definitely no. Nevertheless, Christianity is a western belief system and going by your statement isn't it high time we do away with another culture's beliefs about the most important aspects of reality?
Wrong!!!

Christianity like most religion was developed in east. it is a religion based on the person and teaching of Jesus Christ , the west only adopted it just like we did

So why should we drop it now? is it Simply because the west no longer find it fashionable?
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by dHumanist: 10:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
greiboy:
Wrong!!!

Christianity like most religion was developed in east. it is a religion based on the person and teaching of Jesus Christ , the west only adopted it just like we did

So why should we drop it now? is it Simply because the west no longer find it fashionable?
Adoption is distinct from development.

Christianity was actually developed by the west starting from Rome. Granted the movement started in the east but most of the traditions and doctrines were developed by western minds. Mind you most of these scholars or church fathers were pupils of Greek philosophers; Plato and Aristotle.Therefore, Christian traditions were greatly influenced by Greeco-Roman culture.
The most obvious evidences to substantiate the argument above;
1) Christian places of worship in the west are usually modeled after ancient greeco-roman temples.
2) There is no eastern nation that is a self acclaimed Christian state. Not even Israel. Whereas, western states are traditionally considered to be christian states. Although, seculiarism is on the rise.

Finally, Nigeria did not adopt Christianity or Islam. Both were forced on our ancestors. This is a fact but you may choose to believe otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by jamescross: 12:06am On Feb 14, 2018
dHumanist:

The guy asked you simple rational questions, your result to attacking his intellectual capacity shows that you're not willing to engage in a rational debate.

it also shows to didn't bother cross checking the conservation. you would have seen it was nothing rational about their logic that made me question their reasoning and you have done yourself any favours either.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by jamescross: 12:11am On Feb 14, 2018
dHumanist:

Christianity was actually developed by the west starting from Rome. Granted the movement started in the east but most of the traditions and doctrines were developed by western minds. Mind you most of these scholars or church fathers were pupils of Greek philosophers; Plato and Aristotle.Therefore, Christian traditions were greatly influenced by Greeco-Roman culture.
1) Christian places of worship in the west are usually modeled after ancient greeco-roman temples.
2) There is no eastern nation that is a self acclaimed Christian state. Not even Israel. Whereas, western states are traditionally considered to be christian states. Although, seculiarism is on the rise.

Finally, Nigeria did not adopt Christianity or Islam. Both were forced on our ancestors. This is a fact but you may choose to believe otherwise.

when you make statements like this and draw your conclusions from your assumption are you know a typical human claiming to know properly what he knows inaccurately - based on his own personal assumptions and self made theories
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by jamescross: 12:15am On Feb 14, 2018
dHumanist:

Definitely no. Nevertheless, Christianity is a western belief system, and going by your statement isn't it high time we do away with another culture's beliefs about the most important aspects of reality?
dHumanist:

now you will also call this statements rational based on what facts and you hope to have an intellectual conversation when simple things as source is scarce to your logic but you take general uninformed opinion as your basis. well done
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by jamescross: 12:19am On Feb 14, 2018
obafemee80:

I like ur analysis

Remember not all Christians believe that Jesus, the son of Mary is GOD

I still wonder why some people worship fellow human like them
thumbs up especially with the worshipping human part. let seen define worship means and let's see if it's only 'religious' people that do it.

stubborn men and their stand against common sense is quite impressive as it is unending.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by dHumanist: 12:51am On Feb 14, 2018
jamescross:
when you make statements like this and draw your conclusions from your assumption are you know a typical human claiming to know properly what he knows inaccurately - based on his own personal assumptions and self made theories

Which particular portions of the post are my personal assumptions? I challenge you to disprove any of the points I raised earlier with your own points. That is how to have an intellectual debate, and that was what I expected.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by jamescross: 12:57am On Feb 14, 2018
dHumanist:

Which particular portions of the post are my personal assumptions? I challenge you to disprove any of the points I raised earlier with your own points. That is how to have an intellectual debate, and that was what I expected.

Mind you most of these scholars or church fathers were pupils of Greek philosophers; Plato and Aristotle .

that was what you said to claim 'christianity' is a western religion.

1. show that the 'church fathers' founded Christianity
2. the Church fathers you list as founders with source of your information how many of them were pupils of Greek philosophers and how it helped shaped their doctrines

I really need this info, thank you
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by budaatum: 1:55am On Feb 14, 2018
jamescross:

2. the Church fathers you list as founders with source of your information how many of them were pupils of Greek philosophers and how it helped shaped their doctrines

I really need this info, thank you
dHumanist, you might want to start with a certain Mr Chief Christian himself.

Paul and his use of Greek Philosophy
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by DavilleBadt(m): 8:06am On Feb 14, 2018
Seun:

AM SORRY TO SAY BUT ISLAM IS FALSE.
HOW CAN ISLAM SAY YOU SHOULD KILL PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT FOR ISLAM.
LOOK AT BOKO HARAM, ISIS, THEY ARE ALL ISLAMIC TERRORIST GROUPS. LOOK AT ISLAMIC COUNTRIES AND WAR UP AND DOWN.
IT IS RARE FOR YOU TO SEE CHRISTIANS DO THAT.
ALL OTHER gods ARE FALSE, AND NONE IS AS GREAT AS GOD.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by hopefulLandlord: 8:09am On Feb 14, 2018
DavilleBadt:

LOOK AT BOKO HARAM, ISIS, THEY ARE ALL ISLAMIC TERRORIST GROUPS. LOOK AT ISLAMIC COUNTRIES AND WAR UP AND DOWN.

What are your thoughts on the massacres carried out on instructions of Yahweh in the Old testament? The apostasy laws given to moses, the genocide instructions given to the likes of Joshua, Moses, David etc?

Does it follow that Yahweh was also false when he gave those laws and suddenly became "True" after he stopped giving such laws?

2 Likes

Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by CAPSLOCKED: 8:27am On Feb 14, 2018
DavilleBadt:

YOU'RE CHRISTIAN TODAY BECAUSE YOUR ANCESTORS WERE SLAUGHTERED AND FORCED TO DUMP THEIR AFRICAN TRADITIONAL RELIGIONS AND JOIN THE WHITE MAN'S GOD...

THAT ASIDE, YOUR STATEMENT IS FULL OF IGNORANCE, AND UNAWARENESS OF THE RELIGION YOU ACTUALLY PRACTICE. YOUR HOLY BOOK IS FILLED WITH WARS AND MURDERS THAT HAPPENED UNDER THE INSTRUCTIONS OF YOUR GOD.

"GOD" KILLED INNOCENT BABIES, KILLED ANIMALS AND EVEN TREES, ALLOWED WOMEN AND LITTLE GIRLS TO BE ABDUCTED, RAPED, AND ENSLAVED.

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO PLACE YOUR GOD OVER ANY OTHER GOD IN TERMS OF LOVE OR MORALITY, BECAUSE HE'S THE WORST.

3 Likes

Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by elmedico2023(m): 9:27am On Feb 14, 2018
Seun:

Christianity is Bae.
There is this feeling that you're in a safe hand.

When things work for others does not mean it's real.

And He that does not believe in him(Christ) is condemned already.

Peace!

1 Like

Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by elmedico2023(m): 9:29am On Feb 14, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU'RE CHRISTIAN TODAY BECAUSE YOUR ANCESTORS WERE SLAUGHTERED AND FORCED TO DUMP THEIR AFRICAN TRADITIONAL RELIGIONS AND JOIN THE WHITE MAN'S GOD...

THAT ASIDE, YOUR STATEMENT IS FULL OF IGNORANCE, AND UNAWARENESS OF THE RELIGION YOU ACTUALLY PRACTICE. YOUR HOLY BOOK IS FILLED WITH WARS AND MURDERS THAT HAPPENED UNDER THE INSTRUCTIONS OF YOUR GOD.

"GOD" KILLED INNOCENT BABIES, KILLED ANIMALS AND EVEN TREES, ALLOWED WOMEN AND LITTLE GIRLS TO BE ABDUCTED, RAPED, AND ENSLAVED.

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO PLACE YOUR GOD OVER ANY OTHER GOD IN TERMS OF LOVE OR MORALITY, BECAUSE HE'S THE WORST.

White man gods?

My God is love.

May your eyes of understanding be enlighten.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 14, 2018
dHumanist:

Wrong

This comment shows a deep flaw in history lessons

First of all, you have mistaken roman empire with modern Rome in Italy

The roman empire was an ancient,civilization around Mediterranean Europe, Africa and Asia (east).

Early Christianity started in the east in Jerusalem(a territory of roman empire) by those referred to as Christians Jews. The religion early fathers were all Jewish people or people of Jewish origin from Peter to Paul(previously know as Saul)

In fact, Christianity was not welcome in Rome until an emperor named Constantine allowed it (edict of Rome). Christians were prosecuted before that time.

Every of the major doctrine of Christianity was already developed before the Romans accepted it

1) church; the early Christians didn't fancy large gathering but they did have some form gathering called home church. Still. there were many other churches before the empire accepted the religion. The first ever nation to accept Christianity was Armenia and that was were the first church was constructed

ii) Baptism : already mentioned in the Bible during the time of Jhon the Baptist

iii)Sunday worship: contrary to popular believe that an emperor of Rome selected Sunday as the day for christian worship, the day was selected because it was the alleged day Jesus rose from the death

3) Now! your assertion on nations only outside the east practicing Christianity is false. Many Islamic nations in the east have christian population that have existed before the western doctrine of Christianity. The major reason why Islam is a major religion in middle east is because of the wars fought by Muslims to conquer territories.

4) Greek philosophy only had influence in Christianity because many of its initial preachers like Paul were already vast in Greek philosophy before converting to Christianity, thus many used the philosophy to explain the definition of God as there was no bible or compilation of an holy book to draw from then. it wasn't because they were Greeks

Neither Islam nor Christianity was forced on Nigeria at first, maybe later as quest for dominance was mixed with religion

The missionaries were sort of evangelical Christians who used attractions like education and technology to attract local citizens to the religion, granted the British state later took control from the missionaries.

Secondly, the Fulani or Malians who brought Islam to Nigeria, through northern Nigeria were welcome with open hands and preached Islamic principles all the way to the southwest, granted they later betrayed their host by forcing strict Islamic principles on the people.

However, you can see from both incidence that the religion was already adopted by some. So it is not different from how it happened in Europe. it was first accept by a few before the Romans after adopting it forced it down on everyone.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 14, 2018
4000 gods or the name of God in different languages?
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 14, 2018
greiboy:

Wrong

This comment shows a deep flaw in history lessons

First of all, you have mistaken roman empire with modern Rome in Italy

The roman empire was an ancient,civilization around Mediterranean Europe, Africa and Asia (east).

Early Christianity started in the east in Jerusalem(a territory of roman empire) by those referred to as Christians Jews. The religion early father are all Jewish people or people of Jewish origin from Peter to Paul(previously know as Saul)

In fact, Christianity was not welcome in Rome until an emperor named Constantine allowed it (edict of Rome). Christians were prosecuted before that time.

Every of the major doctrine of Christianity was already developed before the Romans accepted it

1) church; the early Christians didn't fancy large gathering but they did have some form gathering called home church. Still. there were many other churches before the empire accepted the religion. The first ever nation to accept Christianity was Armenia and that was were the first church was constructed

ii) Baptism : already mentioned in the Bible during the time of Jhon the Baptist

iii)Sunday worship: contrary to popular believe that an emperor of Rome selected Sunday as the day for christian worship, the day was selected because it was the alleged day Jesus rose from the death

3) Now! your assertion on nations outside in the east practicing Christianity is false. Many Islamic nations in the east have christian population that have existed before the western doctrine of Christianity. The major reason why Islam is a major religion in middle east is because of the wars fought by Muslims to conquer territories.

4) Greek philosophy only had influence in Christianity because many of its initial preachers like Paul were already vast in Greek philosophy before converting to Christianity, thus many used the philosophy to explain the definition of God as there was no bible or compilation of an holy book to draw from then. it wasn't because they were Greeks

Neither Islam nor Christianity was forced on Nigeria at first, maybe later as quest for dominance was mixed with religion

The missionaries were sort of evangelical Christians who used attractions like education and technology to attract local citizens to the religion, granted the British state later took control from the missionaries.

Secondly, the Fulani or Malians who brought Islam to Nigeria, through northern Nigeria were welcome with open hands and preached Islamic principles all the way to the southwest, granted they later betrayed their host by forcing strict Islamic principles on the people.

However, you can see from both incidence that the religion was already adopted by some. So it is not different from how it happened in Europe. it was first accept by a few before the Romans after adopting it forced it down on everyone.

Look at what he is saying,dude the major reason you are a Christian today is because emperor Constantine converted to Christianity and it was made the official religion of the roman empire with emperor Theodosius adding the icing to the coffee by banning other religions,if not christianity would have fizzled out in the 4th or 5th century and probably what you would have been practising today would be mithraism
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 14, 2018
darkchild64:

Look at what he is saying,dude the major reason you are a Christian today is because emperor Constantine converted to Christianity and it was made the official religion of the roman empire with emperor Theodosius adding the icing to the coffee by banning other religions,if not christianity would have fizzled out in the 4th or 5th century and probably what you would have been practising today would be mithraism
No what I am saying is Christianity didn't originate from Rome or western world. Christianity only spread there like it did here

it is in the nature of humans to borrow culture and other norms from other society, which includes religion

Going by your logic, I will say if the western world didn't come to Africa we will still be covering our unclothedness with leafs and living a nomadic lifestyle

In fact, we had Christians in some parts of Africa before the west came to Africa, who is to say the message will not have gotten to this part Africa through them, besides it won't stop me from still believing in the existence of the supernatural,(gods), which atheists like you don't support or accept

it is like saying without the western world denouncing Christianity during industrial revolution and the advent of the internet, you wouldn't be an atheist, which is a more valid argument.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by DavilleBadt(m): 12:33pm On Feb 14, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

This is so pathetic, cry
CAPSLOCKED:

This is so pathetic,
didn't you know DAT d devil was using our ancestors before but when the White men came they brought light to us. Their gods were full of trash and lies. Look at the killing of twins, if white men had not come to our rescue guess what would be happening today.
Yes the holy book was filled with wars but did it say DAT we should fight each other or kill each other.
Those were historical events of countries and nations in the bible.
Aside that no one can question God and any man that starts to question God DAT fellow must be sick cause we were made by him. or tell me were your ancestors monkeys or apes or whatever and after DAT they started to transform to men as the scientists claim(oyah explain).

And lemme tell you, I have the right cause he that is in me is greater than those in the world.
I can see DAT no amount of words people say will be enough for you guys to repent and convert.
I pray God touch your heart, and please don't quote me cause I am tired of all of you.

I will not say anything. May GOD help you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other / Joshua Iginla Gives N5Million To Acid Bathe (Photos) / Anyone Who Dies Must Have Done Something Wrong – Guru Mahraji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.