Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,483 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

My Fear For Southern Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Fear For Southern Nigeria. (2320 Views)

El-Rufai: No Going Back On Support For Southern Presidency In 2023 / Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria / I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by mekaboy(m): 7:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
Nigeria was made hell for Goodluck Jonathan who was the last president from the Southern part of Nigeria.

Before Gej, Nigerians use to watch terrorism and suicide bombing Iraq and make jokes. They would say no Nigerian can become a suicide bomber, because we love life. Suicide bombing was something we watched in the international news.

Bokoharam started in the North and for the first time, building were bombed in Nigeria by Nigerians and many died. We began to witness suicide bombing that we never imagined possible.

This was and evil invention and contribution of Northern part of Nigeria to Nigeria. It was the newest of it's kind and Nigerians were terrorized beyond imagination.

While this happened, the Northern elders were backing them .They said an attack on them was an attack on the North.

Then the North fought again to stop these people who bombed and killed Nigerians in dozens from being tagged terrorists.

At some point they asked for Negotiation, and we read that the same president buhari who said then that an attack on BH was an attack on the North , was called upon by the sect to head the negotiations, which he declined.

Finally chibok girls were kidnapped and GEJ was seen as week an incompetent. Remember that while all those happened president Buhari never offered assistance or solution.

While the youths in the South engaged in different skill acquisition to contribute positively to the development of the country. Their peers in the North were being trained on how to make bombs and destroy the country.

Gej was kicked out and the president from the North was brought in. Thanks to our brothers in the SW.

Now after a while some chibok girls were released. Some wives of police women were kidnapped too.

Nigeria suddenly needs $1 billion to fight the same bokoharam that they said if you attack, you attack the North.

The more troubling aspect is the rumors that millions of dollars and Euros and dollars are paid in exchange for the captives.

Coming close to the next elections, bokoharam is defeated and the captives are released. Not by force but I assume by negotiations.

We will also read that funds are paid again for the release.

Through out the first tenure, we see the intensification of the oil search in the North.

WHAT THE SOUTH SHOULD REASON.

What are the conditions of the negotiations with the sect?

Why is the negotiation successful under buhari that was named as one to negotiate under GEJ?

If it is true that ransom is paid for the release of those abducted, who receives on behalf of bokoharam?

What is the fund used for?

Could it be used for training in advanced bomb making and nuclear weapons?

Why are over 800 of them released ?

Do we fight, arrest , release and fight again?

The most frightening is, what if they are more deadly and used to terrorise the South if the North refused to relinquish power after 2023?

They head almost all security Agencies in Nigeria, who will help the South ?

What If bokoharam begins to acquire fighter jets with the funds channeled to them and begin to bomb the South in future?

Imagine the police and navy saying the South is responsible for the bombing because they are challenging the North, just like they said in benue?

A group in the North gave igbos a deadline to leave the North and our security Agencies became paralyzed. What If they become paralyzed while the South is bombed by air?

Imagine these agencies folding their hands and watch terrorist fly our skies and bomb churches, malls, schools in the South in future?

I know some will read this with political lens, but nothing is impossible.

We read about suicide bombing in international news and television, the North made it possible in Nigeria.

Who knows the future dimension of terrorism that might be introduced by the North to subdue the South?

These southern leaders dancing to the political tune of the North should be careful and imagine what could befall the Southern Nigeria in future.

You don't know the conditions that brought about the release of the chibok girls, or the release of over 800 bokoharam members, or the sudden defeat before 2019 elections.

Southern Nigeria stay woke.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by fellowman: 7:27pm On Feb 11, 2018
imagine what Boko Haram will do with all those money paid to it by the federal government.

2 Likes

Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by mekaboy(m): 7:37pm On Feb 11, 2018
fellowman:
imagine what Boko Haram will do with all those money paid to it by the federal government.

I can only imagine.

2 Likes

Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by yEnifex: 7:40pm On Feb 11, 2018
North Besieging South won't be easy tho but o can IMAGING and also see some #fact in the piece
Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by toodark: 7:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
which type paranoia is this..?....last i checked more northerners died than southerners...sooo,whats your point....??....

much more northerners were killed....

nigeria is a company....jonathan should have fought boko haram head on no matter what anybody says.wheather na buhari or northern governors who cares....his job was to protect his citizens....and he failed..!!!!

facts..!!!!

4 Likes

Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by Desyner: 7:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
Truth is the south is docile and not united.

1 Like

Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by EternalTruths: 7:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
toodark:
which type paranoia is this..?....last i checked more northerners died than southerners...sooo,whats your point....??....

When will this one every wake up from his slumber.

Op, God bless you for stating the fact.
Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by toodark: 7:52pm On Feb 11, 2018
we deltans dont think shallow like easterners....

op,what you wrote dont make sense to us deltans...we dont protect failure....not even people from our own tribes...

ijaws dont mention jonathan no more...many ijaws even admit jonathan was a failure...

why dont you easterners move on.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by mekaboy(m): 7:57pm On Feb 11, 2018
toodark:

nigeria is a company....jonathan should have fought boko haram head on no matter what anybody says.wheather na buhari or northern governors who cares....his job was to protect his citizens....and he failed..!!!!

Now they are negotiating with a Northern president. They are being paid by a Northen president. Some are released by a Northern government.

What are the terms of the negotiations? What language was used? Why would they agree to the North and not the South?

Why are almost all the security Agencies headed by the North?

Why will the police speak on behalf of herdsmen and blame benue government?

What happens if this plays out in future in the South and security Agencies do the same?

Will the Southern governors ask their people to defend themselves from terrorists anyway they can because agencies have been compromised?

facts..!!!!
Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by onward4life(m): 8:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
SW cherish their Lagos more and are ready to look the other way when a fellow southerner Is being harmed just to keep lagos and continue saying eko ni baje ooo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by toodark: 8:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
[quote author=mekaboy post=64981888][/quote]

and do you remember that many northerners were kidnapped and forced to join boko haram or die....?
Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by mekaboy(m): 8:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
toodark:

facts..!!!!

Why didn't osibanjo arrest Arewa youths when he was president? They told igbos to leave the North and he could do Nothing. The same way Northern elders tied Jonathan's hands from acting is the same way they tied osibanjo when that provocative declaration was made.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by toodark: 8:10pm On Feb 11, 2018
many northern kids and teenagers were kidnapped and forced to join boko haram....

you easterners should stop messing around with una mouths...its too dangerous...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by mekaboy(m): 8:13pm On Feb 11, 2018
toodark:
many northern kids and teenagers were kidnapped and forced to join boko haram....

you easterners should stop messing around with una mouths...its too dangerous...

Were the elders also kidnapped and forced to say if you attack them you attack the North?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by toodark: 8:14pm On Feb 11, 2018
mekaboy:

Why didn't osibanjo arrest Arewa youths when he was president? They told igbos to leave the North and he could do Nothing. The same way Northern elders tied Jonathan's hands from acting is the same way they tied osibanjo when that provocative declaration was made.

did anybody forced you out of the north..??...no...!!...whats all this noise from east all about...??..i dont get it...

when cownunu promised your elders to bring back buharis head...your elders clapped....i saw the video...but nothing happened...

but when ipob members start challeging nigerian army,then things went haywire...

ipob fvcked up...thats all...you dont challenge a army of a nation....it doesnt work no were in the world....
Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by mekaboy(m): 8:20pm On Feb 11, 2018
toodark:

did anybody forced you out of the north..??...no...!!...whats all this noise from east all about...??..i dont get it...

when cownunu promised your elders to bring back buharis head...your elders clapped....i saw the video...but nothing happened...

but when ipob members start challeging nigerian army,then things went haywire...

ipob fvcked up...thats all...you dont challenge a army of a nation....it doesnt work no were in the world....

We are not talking about Kanu or IPOB we are talking about the compromised security Agencies.

A statement from someone from the South is treason, while an even worse statement from the North is treated with kid gloves, because the North should not be provoked.

People are killed in benue and the national security agency takes sided and calls the governor a drowning man.

With such power channeled to one region, it becomes a threat to the others.

You can shout easterners from now till tomorrow, but the truth is glaring. Maybe it's only the easterners that have balls in the South.

3 Likes

Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by toodark: 10:17pm On Feb 11, 2018
mekaboy:

We are not talking about Kanu or IPOB we are talking about the compromised security Agencies.

A statement from someone from the South is treason, while an even worse statement from the North is treated with kid gloves, because the North should not be provoked.

People are killed in benue and the national security agency takes sided and calls the governor a drowning man.

With such power channeled to one region, it becomes a threat to the others.

You can shout easterners from now till tomorrow, but the truth is glaring. Maybe it's only the easterners that have balls in the South.

wetin even concern una about benue sef..??....its not part of your biafra dreams anyways..

and wetin concern una with delta..??...none igbos were against you in the biafran war back then anyways....
Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by mekaboy(m): 10:38pm On Feb 11, 2018
toodark:

wetin even concern una about benue sef..??....its not part of your biafra dreams anyways..

and wetin concern una with delta..??...none igbos were against you in the biafran war back then anyways....

This is not about Biafra. This is about a region that controls both the security Agencies and insurgents in a Nation.

2 Likes

Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by mekaboy(m): 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2018
Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by mekaboy(m): 6:45pm On Mar 21, 2018
It's happening before our eyes. From the video, you can see on whose side the people are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by mekaboy(m): 9:36pm On Apr 05, 2018
Aisha Yesufu, co-convener of BringBackOurGirls, BBOG, advocacy group on Wednesday made fresh claims on why Boko Haram abducted some students of Government Girls Science Technical College in Dapchi, Yobe State.
Yesufu claimed that the abduction of the girls was a move aimed at paving the way for President Muhammadu Buhari’s approval of $1billion to purchase equipment for the fight against Boko Haram insurgency.
Buhari had earlier today, Wednesday approved the sum for the fight against insurgency.
In a tweet, the activist, insisted that the abduction, release and refusal of Boko Haram to free Leah Sharibu was scripted.
She tweeted, “Dear Nigerian Citizens,
this is what the recent heightened attacks by insurgents and killings have been about.
“This is why Dapchi happened. This is why Leah Sharibu is still in captivity. This is why parents had to lose 5 daughters. All for some to make money.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/04/04/dapchi-girls-scripted-make-buhari-approve-1bn-fight-boko-haram‎-aisha

Hope u see where the money is going. The picture is getting better.
Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by mekaboy(m): 3:16pm On Nov 24, 2018
Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2018
mekaboy:

This is not about Biafra. This is about a region that controls both the security Agencies and insurgents in a Nation.
you see that monkey, don't reply him again on nairaland

1 Like

Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by mekaboy(m): 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2018
For those of you in the South dancing to the Northern political music xx better go and watch this new bokoharam attack video. These new guys could be capable of conquering the North and head down south. While the North continues to play politics with this issue, the terrorists are becoming more sophisticated.

Like play like play they head down south.
Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by mekaboy(m): 6:25pm On Nov 29, 2018
They are now using drones, let's pray they don't advance to jets.

https://www.nairaland.com/4873156/boko-haram-now-uses-drones

Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by mekaboy(m): 9:04am On Dec 31, 2018
Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by ImperialYoruba: 9:33am On Dec 31, 2018
mekaboy:
Nigeria was made hell for Goodluck Jonathan who was the last president from the Southern part of Nigeria.

Before Gej, Nigerians use to watch terrorism and suicide bombing Iraq and make jokes. They would say no Nigerian can become a suicide bomber, because we love life. Suicide bombing was something we watched in the international news.

Bokoharam started in the North and for the first time, building were bombed in Nigeria by Nigerians and many died. We began to witness suicide bombing that we never imagined possible.

This was and evil invention and contribution of Northern part of Nigeria to Nigeria. It was the newest of it's kind and Nigerians were terrorized beyond imagination.

While this happened, the Northern elders were backing them .They said an attack on them was an attack on the North.

Then the North fought again to stop these people who bombed and killed Nigerians in dozens from being tagged terrorists.

At some point they asked for Negotiation, and we read that the same president buhari who said then that an attack on BH was an attack on the North , was called upon by the sect to head the negotiations, which he declined.

Finally chibok girls were kidnapped and GEJ was seen as week an incompetent. Remember that while all those happened president Buhari never offered assistance or solution.

While the youths in the South engaged in different skill acquisition to contribute positively to the development of the country. Their peers in the North were being trained on how to make bombs and destroy the country.

Gej was kicked out and the president from the North was brought in. Thanks to our brothers in the SW.

Now after a while some chibok girls were released. Some wives of police women were kidnapped too.

Nigeria suddenly needs $1 billion to fight the same bokoharam that they said if you attack, you attack the North.

The more troubling aspect is the rumors that millions of dollars and Euros and dollars are paid in exchange for the captives.

Coming close to the next elections, bokoharam is defeated and the captives are released. Not by force but I assume by negotiations.

We will also read that funds are paid again for the release.

Through out the first tenure, we see the intensification of the oil search in the North.

WHAT THE SOUTH SHOULD REASON.

What are the conditions of the negotiations with the sect?

Why is the negotiation successful under buhari that was named as one to negotiate under GEJ?

If it is true that ransom is paid for the release of those abducted, who receives on behalf of bokoharam?

What is the fund used for?

Could it be used for training in advanced bomb making and nuclear weapons?

Why are over 800 of them released ?

Do we fight, arrest , release and fight again?

The most frightening is, what if they are more deadly and used to terrorise the South if the North refused to relinquish power after 2023?

They head almost all security Agencies in Nigeria, who will help the South ?

What If bokoharam begins to acquire fighter jets with the funds channeled to them and begin to bomb the South in future?

Imagine the police and navy saying the South is responsible for the bombing because they are challenging the North, just like they said in benue?

A group in the North gave igbos a deadline to leave the North and our security Agencies became paralyzed. What If they become paralyzed while the South is bombed by air?

Imagine these agencies folding their hands and watch terrorist fly our skies and bomb churches, malls, schools in the South in future?

I know some will read this with political lens, but nothing is impossible.

We read about suicide bombing in international news and television, the North made it possible in Nigeria.

Who knows the future dimension of terrorism that might be introduced by the North to subdue the South?

These southern leaders dancing to the political tune of the North should be careful and imagine what could befall the Southern Nigeria in future.

You don't know the conditions that brought about the release of the chibok girls, or the release of over 800 bokoharam members, or the sudden defeat before 2019 elections.

Southern Nigeria stay woke.

The two top political parties we have, APC, PDP are aligned along differences in Southern ideologies.

The collocation of Yoruba with Ibo in Southern geographical part is relative and a very low area of identity when compared against ideology.
Yoruba has a political ideology very different and on opposite end to that of Ibo.

You must see APC as a true Yoruba party, and PDP as a true Ibo party.

There is no reason for you to raise this false alarm at all. PDP just had its primaries not long ago at your doorstep in East and you have history of who is who in the party. The requirement for you was to vote a Northerner in compliance with party zoning. No one said you had to vote a muslim from North. Amongst the candidates that came to PH were Northern Christians seeking for your votes. Your support and vote for a Northern Christian would have sent home a message and resolve to workaround the exact issues you pinpointed in your post here. grin

Atiku won because of Igbo delegates. A Northern Christian could have won with your backing.

Why didn't you make that come true?

You are the weakest link in South....but you fail to grasp the consequence. grin

Yoruba is secured. Even if Atiku wins, our region is insulated against center. He will spend his entire term trying to win us over and bribing us with different projects to ensure PDP makes inroad....particularly Lagos, never before ruled by PDP.

....but we know he is not going to win. grin

Rethink your so called Southern strategy my friend. We have taken measures to insulate. Buhari will not do all the scary things ascribed to him. His close-death experience was a huge game changer personally for him....plus, he came even much closer to loosing the only male son he has. He is not dumb...he knows what not to do next term. grin
Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by mekaboy(m): 7:10pm On Jan 25, 2019
So now they have army, police, navy and judiciary. What's left?
Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by mekaboy(m): 11:23am On Jun 05, 2021
They have banned twiiter on our behalf.
Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by mekaboy(m): 11:31am On Jun 06, 2021
Its time for the south to wake up
Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by mekaboy(m): 8:23am On Jul 18, 2021
Re: My Fear For Southern Nigeria. by mekaboy(m): 11:47pm On Aug 26, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Buhari Is Doing With Our Money (pictures) / Pictures: GEJ Supervising The Almost Completed Abuja Rail Lines / See The Real Turn Out At Buhari's Campaign In Lagos, Dont be Deceived

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.