Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions (50748 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Floats Autonomous Financing Channel For Lagos Tertiary Schools / Kano Makes NIN Mandatory For Students In Government Schools / Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by ositadima1(m): 2:40pm On Feb 12, 2018
prettyangel10:

You see your life, that's how you get it wrong, for your info, I will claim Lagos State more often, because I'm Yoruba, And I'm proud to be one, you, what's your deal about Lagos State? You always keep saying Lagos is no man's land, now the owners of Lagos State decides to pass a Law and you are all jumping at Yorubas, if you don't like it, like I said earlier, go to another state that will favour you, or better still, go develop your state too.

We are not forcing anyone to speak d language shotigbo, ko ba ara e da soun.

I will claim Legos because I am a Nigerian living in Lagos. I work and pay my taxes in Lagos, you don't possess more rights than me. Heck, I can marry a youroba girl sef (even you). Lagos is my city.

Majority will always influence the laws, some day majority status may go to another tribe, very soon sef, as more people are migrating to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by prettyangel10(f): 2:45pm On Feb 12, 2018
ositadima1:

I will claim Legos because I am a Nigerian living in Lagos. I work and pay my taxes in Lagos, you don't possess more rights than me. Heck, I can marry a youroba girl sef. Lagos is my city.

Majority will always influence the laws, some day majority status may go to another tribe, very soon sef, as more people are migrating to Lagos.
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by prettyangel10(f): 2:46pm On Feb 12, 2018
ositadima1:

I will claim Legos because I am a Nigerian living in Lagos. I work and pay my taxes in Lagos, you don't possess more rights than me. Heck, I can marry a youroba girl sef. Lagos is my city.

Story story. Lol. I know it's a sad development for your likes.

Pa ara shogbo, ko kan wa. Hehehe.

11 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by BakireBulmaker: 2:56pm On Feb 12, 2018
Nice one. cheesy

But a pass would just have been enough. sad
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by ositadima1(m): 2:56pm On Feb 12, 2018
prettyangel10:

Story story. Lol. I know it's a sad development for your likes.

Pa ara shogbo, ko kan wa. Hehehe.

Why are you so intent on inflicting pain, I am not pained. Babe, it's no a fight o.

But I am ok, as you now agree with me. You learned something.
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by MENELIK11: 3:00pm On Feb 12, 2018
Vcblinks:
yea but u remember your oba told them that he will throw them to the lagoon if they don't vote for the preferred candidate,so action and reaction are equal but look at d system Nigeria operates though I have canvassed that all Igbo's should go back home but everything is in lagos, bank headquarters,companies headquarters and every thing and put in one place so there is a tendency for the Igbo's that have been chastised,no presence of federal parastatals the region have been left abandoned so d igbos migrate.so I will support you on that regionalization on the basis of equal fairness.

He is the Oba to anybody living in Lagos! the term 'your' is wrong sir

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by prettyangel10(f): 3:01pm On Feb 12, 2018
ositadima1:

Why are you so intent on inflicting pain, I am not pained. Babe, it's no a fight o.

But I am ok, as you now agree with me. You learned something.
j

So you mean you don't understand common simple written English, where in my post did I ever agree with you? pls go back and read all my posts dear and try to comprehend this time around.

And I'm not fighting with you either. you hear.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 12, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Lagos is not ethnically homogeneous. It is dominated by an indigenous ethnic group. But, it isn't ethnically homogeneous. If I were to make the kindest, most generous estimate, I'd say at best, Yorubas are about 65% of the Lagos population. But I'd wager they're less than that.
And no one said what the LASG are doing is "illegal". Legality isn't synonymous with rightness.
Yorubas make up at least 70% of Lagos. Stop these baseless lies you tell yourselves to feel good. Igbos are between 10-15% at the very maximum. Other ethnicities and foreigners share the rest percentage. So because of a tribe that is a minority in our land, we shouldn't enact our laws? I heard something similar was done somewhere in the east so why are you all shedding tears over this one?
I honestly can't wait for other states in yorubaland to recreate this.
Please, education in the west is not compulsory. There are universities in the east and north so go there.
This is not tribalism, it is the bitter truth. Now those stupid rants of "Lagos is no man's land" by landgrabbers will cease.

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by OneCorner: 3:05pm On Feb 12, 2018
Bad day to be a Flat headed Jew cool

11 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Claumy2(m): 3:06pm On Feb 12, 2018
Na like this that B**o H*R*m started...

...the next thing id that they wand western Education...
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by mercyville: 3:06pm On Feb 12, 2018
RALPHOW:
It is a good decision /program.
How will you implement this program?
Does that means an Ibo boy from Anambra State or Hausa boy from Kano State can not apply to higher institution that belongs to Lagos State?

They can but they will have to learn Yoruba language so as to live happily ever after in Yorubaland.The law just stamped it on the faces of mischief makers who the real owners of Lagos are..chikena.Moreover,Yorubas are too proud of their language..

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by bakynes(m): 3:07pm On Feb 12, 2018
ositadima1:

I will claim Legos because I am a Nigerian living in Lagos. I work and pay my taxes in Lagos, you don't possess more rights than me. Heck, I can marry a youroba girl sef (even you). Lagos is my city.

See this guy oh! Which majority are you talking about, Lagos is ancestral to Yoruba's we didn't not displace another tribe or race to take over Lagos.

This isn't about majority population, It is our ancestral land passed on to us by our forefathers. Even if the entire SE migrate to Lagos it wouldn't change anything. Don't forget the State of Origin still stands.

Except of course you are ready to cause genocide on the entire Yoruba tribe to take over Lagos.

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 12, 2018
marvin904:

dude your bck.. i thought you went to hang yourself.. please stop attacking me is not my fault your life is miserable tongue tongue
frustrated gay! your entire lineage are under my feet! your brain dead mates are 6 feet underground!
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by ositadima1(m): 3:11pm On Feb 12, 2018
prettyangel10:
j

So you mean you don't understand common simple written English, where in my post did I ever agree with you? pls go back and read all my posts dear and try to comprehend this time around.

And I'm not fighting with you either. you hear.

I maintained that we have equal rights as Lagos residents, you and me. You didn't denay it, because you know is true.

I can go any where I want, do anything I like as long as I abide by the laws, same as you, whether Youroba or not.

So, babe, you see.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by daywatcher: 3:12pm On Feb 12, 2018
Originalsly:
Bro.... do you realize all listed are countries except Lagos? If you couldn't recognize that then you wouldn't recognize that such a law will bring about disintegration. It is very shortsighted....but then again.... the elected leaders generally are a reflection of the masses.

What is shortsighted about the Yorubas of Eko-Lagos wanting to entrench their language in a state that is part of YORUBALAND? Did sharia law, which is by far more dangerous, in some northern states lead to disintegration?

the elected leaders generally are a reflection of the masses...Here you are correct and the majority of the citizens in the South want Nigeria to be restructured along ethnic lines therefore this law can only be another step towards that

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by prettyangel10(f): 3:13pm On Feb 12, 2018
ositadima1:

I maintained that we have equal rights as Lagos residents, you and me. You didn't denay it, because you know is true.

I can go any where I want, do anything I like as long as I abide by the laws, same as you, whether Youroba or not.

So, babe, you see.

Lol. Continue to maintain. It's Yoruba tho. Deal with that.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by ositadima1(m): 3:16pm On Feb 12, 2018
prettyangel10:

Lol. Continue. It's Yoruba tho. Deal with that.

So you have accepted, finally.

Thank you, anytime!!!
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by prettyangel10(f): 3:17pm On Feb 12, 2018
ositadima1:

So you have accepted, finally.
Fact that I left you to your fate does not mean I accept your stand.
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:18pm On Feb 12, 2018
texazzpete:
What a backward and retrogressive law.
If you want to 'preserve the Yoruba language', why not restrict this only to Yoruba people? Why is this not optional?

This is hostile to others, and disregards the fact that we have a national language in English to eliminate issues such as this. Essentially, this law makes it legal to go to a meeting in the Civil service and have the entire meeting conducted in yoruba language, to the exclusion of any present non-yoruba speaker.

Heck, you can even no use this law to hold lectures in LASU in 100% Yoruba.

Imagine if every tribe copies this and you then need to have a credit in Igbo language to even apply to Imsu angry

Disgraceful that there are some people here supporting this shite.

igbo go home or go unilag

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:20pm On Feb 12, 2018
eleojo23:
So only Yoruba people will now attend Lagos state owned tertiary institutions.

Issokay...!
Shebi you said its no man's land. Now lie in the bed you laid

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 12, 2018
Odingo1:

Did anybody complain when Lagos make Yoruba language compulsory in their schools, what is shameful and tribalistic in it is saying that before you enter tertiary institutions own by lagos state that one must have credit in Yoruba language, that is highest point of bringing tribalism into education, what will happen to a parents that just relocated to Lagos due to federal government posting and the children cant access the higher institution in the state because they must have credit in yoruba languge,isn't that a tribalistic unintelligent stupid retrogressive law.

You people will carry one Nigeria for head like gala but in dark corner be planting division and tribalism everywhere.
Same thing that will happen to kids whose parents got posted to the east and they had to struggle in school because of your local dialect.
Why are igbos being extra pained about this tho? No other tribe is crying about it o.

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by bakynes(m): 3:20pm On Feb 12, 2018
prettyangel10:

Lol. Continue to maintain. It's Yoruba tho. Deal with that.
I was even surprised you didn't reply the Osita guy, did you hear what he said. He said Yorubas are having their way in Lagos because we are the dominant tribe and that if tomorrow by reason of migration his people dominate by population in Lagos they will be the one having their way.

Can you just imagine when is not like we displaced another tribe to over take Lagos, I told him they must bring about a genocide on all Yorubas on our ancestral land before they can take over Lagos.

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:20pm On Feb 12, 2018
Soreza:
NONSENSE TRASH TARGETED AT THE IGBOS,IT WON'T WORK I ASSURE U.
you will be assimilated by force

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:22pm On Feb 12, 2018
praiseneofingz:
is God that will punish u ppl
so other tribes wey no be Yoruba too must have Yoruba too to get admission.
wetin concine God. Shebi e de sweet una wen una de run una mouth. Now you know who own d land. Go and develop your red sand land

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by prettyangel10(f): 3:23pm On Feb 12, 2018
bakynes:

I was even surprised you didn't reply the Osita guy, did you hear what he said. He said Yorubas are having their way in Lagos because we are the dominant tribe and that if tomorrow by reason of migration his people dominate by population in Lagos they will be the one having their way.

Can you just imagine when is not like we displaced another tribe to over take Lagos, I told him they must bring about a genocide on all Yorubas on our ancestral land before they can take over Lagos.

My dear, to be sincere with you, I didnt read most of his posts again as I see he is wallowing in his delusion mind. That's y you see me replying him just like dat.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by eleojo23: 3:23pm On Feb 12, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
Shebi you said its no man's land. Now lie in the bed you laid

Oh really? I said it was no man's land? shocked

Please show me where I said that. undecided

Some people sef grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by ositadima1(m): 3:24pm On Feb 12, 2018
prettyangel10:

Fact that I left you to your fate does not mean I accept your stand.

The fact that you never countered my stand mean you agree with me, it's your pride now. You know you couldn't even if you wanted to, you can silently thank me, don't need to type anything.
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:25pm On Feb 12, 2018
lostnegro:
Have you ever noticed nature protects and preserves the weak.Where are the dinosaurs or prehistoric animals those ones we would have though would still be alive but look at the ants overly oppressed everyday yet flourishing.It may make things more difficult but it is not insurmountable for those who have not excelled even in English.."May their days be rough"
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha see quick confessio
Now you mumus know you're weak.
Una no be bread winner
again
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:26pm On Feb 12, 2018
ishabablessing:
Another way to say only yorubas will attend universities in yoruba land.gbam!
Dnt knw if its good or bad....it used to be one nigeria before.......
no be Ibo ppl say dem wan go dia way.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by ositadima1(m): 3:26pm On Feb 12, 2018
prettyangel10:

My dear, to be sincere with you, I didnt read most of his posts again as I see he is wallowing in his delusion mind. That's y you see me replying him just like dat.

That's not true, your have pride, but I like girls with huge egos. I know wink
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:27pm On Feb 12, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
welcome development as long as no federal institution is included....we are full of copy copy and trying to politicize a policy, soon I see most states following suites.....what will a state like rivers with many tribes do in this case, will they allow multiple teaching of various languages......ogoni, ikwerre, ekpeye, ogba, Kalahari, etc flood schools curriculum...time will tell
na dem Sabi
To thx tents o Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by prettyangel10(f): 3:31pm On Feb 12, 2018
ositadima1:

The fact that you never countered my stand mean you agree with me, it's your pride now. You know you couldn't even if you wanted to, you can silently thank me, don't need to type anything.

That's y majority dislikes you people, you are always too proud to accept defeat, if it's something that you will benefit from, it's welcomed by you and if you wont. benefit from it, they are trying to sideline your tribe,

Can you hear yourself out, that I didn't counter you, you can continue to argue from now till eternity, you can't and will never be a Lagosian because you ain't one in d first instance.

For your info,, you better start developing your state too,, so you and your generation can have something to lay claim to in d future.

LAGOS STATE CAN NEVER BE YOUR STATE. ADMIT IT.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Arinzechukwu Onwurah Wins Student Union President Election In Sweden / Student Unknowingly Passes Night With Snake On Her Bed In Delta State (Video) / Fredrick Mensah: Ghana Teacher's Method Of Welcoming Pupils To Class Causes Stir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.