Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,776 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says (14495 Views)

Wike Compensates Victims Of 2019 Election Violence With N450 Million / Goodluck Jonathan Attacks Osinbajo, Says He Has 'Leprous Fingers' / Omoyele Sowore Meets With Herdsmen And Farmer In Jalingo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by blackmantis: 9:56am On Feb 13, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
terror dat is overblown....dis herdsmen issues is one we are not tackling with open wether it is the govt citizens and opposition....

It is overblown to you because you are not affected. If you loose a close relative......your farmlands .....your crops..... your home....If you are living in a tent....if you lack access to basic necessities of life because of an attack to your community..... You wont make this statement.
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by joenor(m): 9:56am On Feb 13, 2018
Wait ooo is it that they know what to do and yet pay less concern about it?
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by Frankbaro(m): 9:59am On Feb 13, 2018
Osibanjo, the most stupid, idiotic and sycophantic vice president in Nigeria's history.
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by TheFreeOne: 10:00am On Feb 13, 2018
Benekruku:

Well said!

But most state governors have rejected the suggestion while some say its an aid to Islamize them grin grin grin

You see where am coming from?

Imagine what adverse effect it will have on the commodity if we have to always get butchered beef form Kano to all other 35 state? Though is a plus for Kano state IGR, but it will have an effect on prices of the commodity.

The problem is just being politicized, It happens all over the world, I dont know why Nigeria is peculiar

The FG made people's assumptions of future jihad / islamization right with their refusal to go with the majority that said no to cow colonies/open grazing. Democracy is for the people not cows and Buhari and his kinsmen with those supporting them should realize same.

And you talk about adverse effect? Haven't you seen a video posted on this forum recently of how cattle were being moved from north to the south via trains in the '60s? That should be a way to go if they refused ranching.

They have vast land in the north to rear cattle and afterwards transport it down south and we'll buy. They'll improve their economy/IGR and we'll pay for the service and have a peace of mind with no killings/destroying of farmlands.

That'll be win win situation for everyone.
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by nebokings(m): 10:04am On Feb 13, 2018
Osibanjo needs help.
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by Adekdammy: 10:07am On Feb 13, 2018
when I thought osibanjo will be a good presidential material, I was wrong after all. so we have been dealing with this matter with a closed mind since abi?

can't the government declare these fulani herdsmen as terrorist with the evidence on ground based on tears and sorrow they leave behind each time they strike than trying to treat them like special citizens?

If the government keeps going through this route, then we can all conclude that the government is actually backing them which gives them the confidence to kill and nothing will happen to them.

come to think of it, is Nigeria an animal farm where some animals are more equal than the other.[b][/b]
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by Reference(m): 10:10am On Feb 13, 2018
kernel504:

VP ON IPOB:
"IPOB is a threat to Nigeria's unity and we the Federal Executive must crush them and their activities by fire by thunder. So we beg true Nigerians to provide our security agencies with IPOB's information/plans/activities for proper action to be taken immediately!"

~ (VP Prof. Yemi Osibanjo.)
VP ON FULANI HERDSMEN KILLINGS:
"I plead to Nigerians, Don’t Retaliate Fulani Herdsmen Killings, Pray For Them Instead; just as we the Federal Executive are praying hard now." ~ (VP Prof. Yemi Osinbajo)

Hmmmm.....very, very disappointing comimg from those who swore to uphold the sanctity of this country.
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by Yinxies(f): 10:16am On Feb 13, 2018
May God continue to give us long life so that we can see 2019 and correct our mistakes.
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by blackmantis: 10:17am On Feb 13, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
u ve not ansa d question Hw can a citizen be a migrant in his own country

You should ask the FG that question
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by CioAngels(f): 10:26am On Feb 13, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
Please, can someone here refresh our memory with Osinbajo's statement on IPOB?

Don't blame him, he is been told what to say to keep his job and spear his life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by chuckdee4(m): 10:26am On Feb 13, 2018
Truly this man is as stupid as he looks
Tell this nonsense to people who have lost family in Ondo, Benue and Kogi

What is open about innocent people being killed on their land, all these gutless imps we call leaders, the man cannot even stand up for his own people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by Firefire(m): 10:48am On Feb 13, 2018
omowolewa:
Let appointments of our security chiefs be done with open mind first, then let 'dances' in all regions be eqaul.

Nigerian has the right of inference and reactions while your government has the right of actions

A situation where police called a governor 'drowning' without apologies, called 'Ruwandan styled' genocide mere community clashes, and presidency now crown it up by saying learn how to live with your killers leaves a lot to be desired of your government sir.

Maybe you were to busy to read about arrest of those Benue guys who picked up arms in self defense while Herds move about with similar arms without questions, vandalizing crop farms without second thought.
The statute/symbol of justice was veiled holding equity scale.

From your church mind sir, what would have been your thought if you were not of this government, I mean unbiased thought.

You and I knows you are playing politics with the true, necessary of a loyal VP, but the bulk is yours to deal with.

Thank you for your submission.

1 Like

Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by CioAngels(f): 10:51am On Feb 13, 2018
The VP is only saying what the Fulani wants him to say thereby lying against himself always. The Fulani have robbed him off his integrity, Tinubu and Adeboye brought this insult to him, because, looking at Osinbajo, i don't think he would have opted for VP position as against his call to serve state or federal board. He has been made an errand boy in the hands of the Fulani and cabals. He is too educated to subject himself to be stupidly used. Osinbajo, you are not one of those who bought certificates now, why? Unfortunately, we Nigerians don't identify insult because of position and money. SAD.
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by gidgiddy: 10:51am On Feb 13, 2018
So IPOB that didnt kill anyone or take up arms, this administeration could not "show open mind"

Fulani Herdsmen slaughter people all over Nigeria, the administeration calls for "open mind"

Terrible

Buhari is just protecting his brothers
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by surgical: 10:52am On Feb 13, 2018
FRESHG:
THIS GUY IS AN IDIOT angry
complete one because of a spare tyre position that will soon expire.
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by surgical: 10:57am On Feb 13, 2018
Frankbaro:
Osibanjo, the most stupid, idiotic and sycophantic vice president in Nigeria's history.
next time ,Nigerians will not vote on sentiments, ethnic or religious bases but on critical evaluation, when tinubu or obj comes again just ignore them.
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by omowolewa: 10:58am On Feb 13, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
do u know d meaning of genocide....hw can death of 77 be termed genocide....d problem with us a country I kip saying it is ethnicity and religion bigotry has eaten deep into d moral fabric of our lives dat we politicized virtually everything.... Including dis issue of herdsmen dat u see sm unverifiable tins in social media.....we are now stranger in our country.....a Yoruba man becomes a non indigine in Kano wen state of origin shd be jettisoned with.....

You mean 77 is not enough?!

You mean killing off a whole community in order to take over the land isn't enough as genocide?

By the way, my community isn't affected by the Fulani issue so ethnocentric issues doesn't come in. I am not Agatu, Tiv, middle belt or Fulani but that doesn't make me unconcerned.
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by MackyVera: 11:01am On Feb 13, 2018
Hmmm,the "first born again" vice President:-/ no doubt. God please give us a good leader and intervene in all these crises.
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by joinnow: 11:15am On Feb 13, 2018
But why
They are murderers and at such must face the full fledge of the law.
Beside the Fulani herdman are the aggressor and I have not see any farmer carry his land to meets Fulani herdman's.
Rather Fulani herdman's are the one carrying their cow looking for trouble.
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by Saintp(m): 11:18am On Feb 13, 2018
The only leaders who succeed in bringing positive change to the people are leaders who have integrity unfortunately there seem to be no Nigerian leader that has integrity.

I can bet my ass that Osibanjo thinks differently and would not say what he said in his private moments but because he has to be loyal to his boss, he has to tell lies.

A man of integrity will rather resign than cover up evil. I expect Osibanjo as a pastor to quit and free his conscience if the seat is too hot for him instead of aiding evil because of a temporary position. If Osibanjo was a private individual and his people are in IDP camp, will he say this trash?
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by Amhappy(f): 11:24am On Feb 13, 2018
VP is there talking about peace when the terrorist are already attacking and killing police men just like how Bokoharam started. Its gonna be a full blow war. The FG should prepare.
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by famzynet: 11:33am On Feb 13, 2018
Osibanjo is useless.
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by slowice(m): 11:52am On Feb 13, 2018
Am lost here, in fact I can't be found here.... What open mind is he talking about.... Some people re continously sniffing life from others in their own community, burning their houses, destroying their farms, raping their women and threatening others and our vp is talking about handling it with open mind?as in we should bow and appeal to the herdsmen not to kill our brothers anymore, probably bribe them with massive land(cattle colony). I for abuse this man now but I fear God.
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:22pm On Feb 13, 2018
blackmantis:

It is overblown to you because you are not affected. If you loose a close relative......your farmlands .....your crops..... your home....If you are living in a tent....if you lack access to basic necessities of life because of an attack to your community..... You wont make this statement.
Kk so it warant d politics we are doing with it and even wen we do ranching is d solution to stem it.
.sm persons ll go about spreading islamization agenda.....Oga am of d atrocities attributed to herdsmen are not caused by dem it's just everyone trying to score a point frm it no thanks to d nonchalant way d govt in power has handled d situation
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by Switruth: 12:27pm On Feb 13, 2018
fSociety:
Osibanjo is a factory-fitted chief executive zombie
Una go kill person with laugh one day. grin grin grin...Na so so grammar the guy dey blow. No action
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:28pm On Feb 13, 2018
omowolewa:

You mean 77 is not enough?!

You mean killing off a whole community in order to take over the land isn't enough as genocide?

By the way, my community isn't affected by the Fulani issue so ethnocentric issues doesn't come in. I am not Agatu, Tiv, middle belt or Fulani but that doesn't make me unconcerned.
and who wants to take over land ...and I repeat using genocide is trying to blow a mountain dats not dee....and to say it's doesn't affect u is not totally true atleast in d global world wat happen somwer affects anoder.....

1 Like

Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2018
blackmantis:

You should ask the FG that question
while will I ask fed govt wen u are referring to citizens as migrant.......in dier country.....u used d word migrant
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by bart10: 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2018
Why is Osinbajo trying to reduce the atrocities of the blood-sucking Fulani Herdsmen to a mere Farmers-Herdsmen crisis? The Fulani Herdsmen are the aggressors in this instance and even a fool knows that as much. Osinbajo is obviously not a true Yoruba son. He’s a Fulani apologist.
Re: Let's Handle Herdsmen And Farmer's Violence With Open Mind - VP Osinbajo Says by blackmantis: 1:10pm On Feb 13, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
while will I ask fed govt wen u are referring to citizens as migrant.......in dier country.....u used d word migrant

FG (President Buhari) said that killer herdsmen are migrants from Libya..........they don't own land etc....they have no fixed address. They move about and cause havoc wherever they go. Alhaji They are migrants.

But all these is just semantics.....whether migrants or not, criminality, mass murder and destruction of property has taken place and there is no outrage on the part of the FG. Policemen were attacked and one killed and it seems as if the FG is scare of going after the perpetrators!

The law has to take its course no matter who is involved. Be it the indegenes or the migrating herdsmen all who commit crime must be punished.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyetola, His Deputy Dragged To Court Over Oath Of Office / Tinubu: Only God, The Giver Of Life Can Take My Life / Abubakar Sani-Bello: I Am Not Taking Over The Leadership Of APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.