Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,353 members, 7,954,414 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:35 PM

Meet Kehinde Wiley, The Designer Of Obama's Portrait - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Meet Kehinde Wiley, The Designer Of Obama's Portrait (31037 Views)

Kehinde Wiley Honoured By Harvard University After Painting Obama / Kehinde Wiley Paints Obama’s Official Portrait (Photos) / Obama Chooses Kehinde Wiley For His Official Presidential Portrait (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Kehinde Wiley, The Designer Of Obama's Portrait by kolawoleibukun: 3:52pm On Feb 13, 2018
iswallker:

Go and audition and get a job...

That's what Wiley did..

shocked
I go employ you my guy and pay your annual salary ahead. idiot. you think say na all nairalanders like you no get work?

1 Like

Re: Meet Kehinde Wiley, The Designer Of Obama's Portrait by iswallker(m): 4:20pm On Feb 13, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
I go employ you my guy and pay your annual salary ahead. idiot. you think say na all nairalanders like you no get work?

You misunderstand me...

Auditioning and getting jobs is what artistes do..

shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Kehinde Wiley, The Designer Of Obama's Portrait by judgedredd22(m): 6:10pm On Feb 13, 2018
FarahAideed:

But the fact that Barrack Obama would commission such an artist to do his portrait speaks volumes about the disturbing mind lurking behind the rib cage of Mr Obama like I have always maintained

you know nothing about art...

Re: Meet Kehinde Wiley, The Designer Of Obama's Portrait by FarahAideed: 6:15pm On Feb 13, 2018
judgedredd22:

you know nothing about art...

Abeg take your low IQ out of my mention ..those that know what I am saying know what I am saying .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Kehinde Wiley, The Designer Of Obama's Portrait by judgedredd22(m): 6:24pm On Feb 13, 2018
FarahAideed:

Abeg take your low IQ out of my mention ..those that know what I am saying know what I am saying .

with all your supposed IQ, you still can't make sense! Spewing brain farts is not a show of intelligence in any form! keep quiet!!
Re: Meet Kehinde Wiley, The Designer Of Obama's Portrait by Gunnaz007: 10:36pm On Feb 14, 2018
FarahAideed:
You also failed to mention that Kehinde Wiley is a controversial artist with racist approach to most of his works where his subjects can mostly be seen with decapitations of severed Caucasian heads in an art form bothering the disturbed .

Thank you for this comment! The dude is a bloodie racist blm Arrow! He should come to Nigeria and showcase his activism against the rampaging herdsmen and quit trying to change the Anglo-American empire to the Nigerian shithole that he (or his parents) escaped!! He sure is hitting the air as his activism in the States wont change nada about the fabric of Anglo-American society!!!
Re: Meet Kehinde Wiley, The Designer Of Obama's Portrait by Konquest: 9:00am On Apr 18, 2018
kennygee:
Kehinde Wiley (born 1977) is a New York City-based portrait painter who is known for his highly naturalistic paintings of African-Americans. The Columbus Museum of Art, which hosted an exhibition of his work in 2007, describes his work with the following: "Wiley has gained recent acclaim for his heroic portraits which address the image and status of young African-American men in contemporary culture."

Wiley was born in Los Angeles, California. His father is Yoruba from Nigeria, and his mother is African-American. As a child, his mother supported his interest in art and enrolled him in after-school art classes. At the age of 12, he spent a short time at an art school in Russia.

Wiley did not grow up with his father, and at the age of 20 traveled to Nigeria to explore his roots and meet him. Wiley earned his BFA from the San Francisco Art Institute in 1999 and his MFA from Yale University, School of Art in 2001.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kehinde_Wiley

He designed the pictures of Barrack and Michelle Obama just unveiled at the Smithsonian, his work was featured in Season 2 of Empire.

Check the IG link to see more.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfHQi71DvYC/

^^^^
^^^^
Beautiful and controversial paintings.
Nice post.
Re: Meet Kehinde Wiley, The Designer Of Obama's Portrait by Ndipe(m): 4:36am On May 08, 2023
He is Ibibio not Yoruba.

castrol180:
That's my Yoruba guy...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Steps On How To Turn You Picture Into Cartoon Corel Draw / 4 Most Expensive Nigerian Art Pieces / Nairaland Portfolio For Logo Designers 2019 V2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.