Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,468 members, 7,954,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:24 AM

Obasanjo Blasts Buhari Again, Calls Magu Corrupt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Blasts Buhari Again, Calls Magu Corrupt (1024 Views)

You Defeated Atiku In Court Because You're President — Obasanjo Blasts Buhari / Reno Omokri Exposes El-Rufai Again, Calls Him An Opportunistic Hypocrite / Obasanjo Blasts Buhari Again, Calls Magu Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Blasts Buhari Again, Calls Magu Corrupt by ward90: 4:55pm On Feb 13, 2018
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has taken another swipe at President Muhammadu Buhari over his administration's poor handling of the fight against corruption. Obasanjo in his latest attack accused Buhari of allowing corrupt people to be in charge of anti-corruption war. He stated this in an interview with Germany’s international broadcasting outlet, Deutsche Welle.

He lamented that the ongoing anti-corruption war has been polluted by people in his inner circle. He accused Buhari of appointing people with lack of integrity to head anti-corruption agency. According to him “I would make sure people in charge of anti-corruption institutions are people of integrity. There is no point in fighting corruption beyond you and you have corruption on your nose.”

Recall that the Department of State Services had earlier accused Magu of corruption, stressing that he would constitute liability to the anti-corruption agenda of the current administration. Under Magu, the NFIU was suspended by Egmont Group, a united body of 155 Financial Intelligence Units (FIUs). The Egmont Group provides a platform for the secure exchange of expertise and financial intelligence to combat money laundering and terrorist financing (ML/TF).

Staffs of the Commission had also petitioned Magu over alleged administrative incompetence, poor welfare and deliberate attempt to stagnate civilian component of the commission. Speaking on the Coalition for Nigeria that was recently launched, Obasanjo said;

“It (Coalition for Nigeria) is not an old wine in a new bottle, but a new wine in a new bottle. I will not stand in the way of that movement if it decides to become a party. But in that case, I will withdraw.”

https://vigil360.com.ng/politics/21-top-news/6982-obasanjo-blasts-buhari-again,-calls-magu-corrupt.html
Re: Obasanjo Blasts Buhari Again, Calls Magu Corrupt by ZombieBuster: 4:57pm On Feb 13, 2018
Buhari is a terrorist and not a leader

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Blasts Buhari Again, Calls Magu Corrupt by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 13, 2018
Re: Obasanjo Blasts Buhari Again, Calls Magu Corrupt by FarahAideed: 4:57pm On Feb 13, 2018
It's no secret that Buhari is a total failure and it's no secret that Nigerians have reached a consensus both elite and masses to send the failure back to Daura .

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Blasts Buhari Again, Calls Magu Corrupt by ZombieBuster: 4:59pm On Feb 13, 2018
FarahAideed:
It's no secret that Buhari is a total failure and it's no secret that Nigerians have reached a consensus both elite and masses to send the failure back to Daura .

Gbam
Buhari must go
Do you have your PVC?

I have mine

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Blasts Buhari Again, Calls Magu Corrupt by oz4real83(m): 4:59pm On Feb 13, 2018
Only politicians can play the game of politics. Pmb isn't and can never be a politician.Everything in Nigeria revolves round politics. I voted him because I thought an alliance between him and tinubu will bring about the most needed change. I expected pmb to focus on corruption war,tinubu plays the politics while other qualified people handle the economy and govt institutions. But we were all deceived. Pmb usurped everything with the cabal which I am 100% sure he is part of. Funny enough,pdp is not a better option because pdp is equals Apc both in action and philosphy. My vote for gej in 2011 was a wasted vote. My vote for pmb in 2015 also a wasted vote. We need brand new set of politicians.
Re: Obasanjo Blasts Buhari Again, Calls Magu Corrupt by FarahAideed: 5:06pm On Feb 13, 2018
ZombieBuster:

Gbam
Buhari must go
Do you have your PVC?

I have mine

I have mine
Re: Obasanjo Blasts Buhari Again, Calls Magu Corrupt by divinehand2003(m): 5:12pm On Feb 13, 2018
Obasanjo is the Father of corruption in this new democratic dispensation. Other fellows are just following his steps.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Blasts Buhari Again, Calls Magu Corrupt by ChangetheChange: 5:16pm On Feb 13, 2018
grin
Re: Obasanjo Blasts Buhari Again, Calls Magu Corrupt by clevvermind(m): 5:20pm On Feb 13, 2018
To me, Buhari is the father of corruption.
Re: Obasanjo Blasts Buhari Again, Calls Magu Corrupt by RZArecta2(m): 5:28pm On Feb 13, 2018
50 billion dollars will be found in Obasanjo's toilet by next week. Bayajida is a god that must not be questioned or corrected cool
Re: Obasanjo Blasts Buhari Again, Calls Magu Corrupt by Mynd44: 5:31pm On Feb 13, 2018

(1)

Why Igbos Must Not Vote Come 2019 / PHOTOS: The Chief Of The Air Staff Sadique Abubakar Arrives In Yobe State / I Will Become President – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.