Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? (9863 Views)

A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / Be Part Of The Team: Do You Have The Cooking Skills And Passion 4 Nigerian Foods / A Picture Of A Snake Soup In A Pot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by leighcon(m): 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2010
Do am  wella! Infact was an expert in pot lid opening and closing and superb tip-toeing.  Just wondering if what I do these days can still be called stealing cos I still go straight to the pot whenever I visit my folks albeit confidently.

SS2 in 1990  - Thought nomenclature was Form X until  1st half 1991 Maybe not in your state anyway
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Exponental(m): 6:11pm On Jul 16, 2010
gone were those days when men were boys.

if u know steal M from P[/b]ot, shey u steal [b]M from P[/b]urse.
we are all guilty [b]innocently
or not
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by xterra2(m): 6:16pm On Jul 16, 2010
Exponental:

gone were those days when men were boys.

if u know steal M from P[/b]ot, shey u steal [b]M from P[/b]urse.
we are all guilty [b]innocently
or not

Lol, but correct We are all guilty of any of these
But for me sha na meat i dey steal
Evenrybody does it or Did it
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by asofejo(m): 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2010
i'm still doing it, it's kinda fun especially when the meat is still fresh{not over 1 day}
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by atforreal: 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2010
Don't you know the best stuff u can have 4rm the pot is what u've stolen
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by adconline(m): 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2010
I dont know if I would call it stealing now. It was thought to be stealing because we did not have enough to always serve meat and fish in every meal. I wonder what what the Catholic priest who heard all my confessions on messing with my mom's pot thought; poverty, hunger or stealing?
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Pamperme: 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2010
Still did last night. just had to go back for the third meat behind my mum.  cheesy cheesy, really didnt want her screaming about how expensive things are these days, wink
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by dayokanu(m): 7:16pm On Jul 16, 2010
leighcon:

SS2 in 1990 - Thought nomenclature was Form X until 1st half 1991 Maybe not in your state anyway

That was what I wanted to point out too. At that time it was 6-5-2-3 not 6-3-3-4 until 1991
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by mommamia: 7:17pm On Jul 16, 2010
For God sake who hasn't out there, am sure every single person. The worse was when we were in the university in those days and guys will run away with the stove, the food and the pot. You just feel like you want to kill somebody,
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by denzel2009: 7:23pm On Jul 16, 2010
My own mum discovered that anytime she cooked efo with those stock fish and assorted gbogbo ero on top, they tend to disappear few minutes after cooking. One day she just left live voice mail that she knows how the top part of her efo looks. I got the message!
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by CGKing(m): 7:57pm On Jul 16, 2010
Leme confess. I stole sha. only once O. My step mom cooked this very thick Ogbono soup and told me to help her watch it while she stepped out. Well she stepped back in too quickly and i guess she may have wondered why i was watching the soup in the very dark kitchen. Well she put on the lights and there i was, trying hard to swallow the large meat i just stole. The more i struggled to get rid of the web of very tick ogbono soup the more entangled I became, with soup webs sticking from the pot, to the cooking spoon to my mouth and my hands. Was like the web head.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by blank(f): 8:13pm On Jul 16, 2010
CGKing:

Leme confess. I stole sha. only once O. My step mom cooked this very thick Ogbono soup and told me to help her watch it while she stepped out. Well she stepped back in too quickly and i guess she may have wondered why i was watching the soup in the very dark kitchen. Well she put on the lights and there i was, trying hard to swallow the large meat i just stole. The more i struggled to get rid of the web of very tick ogbono soup the more entangled I became, with soup webs sticking from the pot, to the cooking spoon to my mouth and my hands. Was like the web head.

I just dey laugh like mad woman for inside library.
Chei, NLand don kill me finish today.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by mamagee3(f): 8:13pm On Jul 16, 2010
It depends on what you refer to as stolen

Cause as far as I'm concerned taking meat from one's pot isn't stealing. tongue
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by blank(f): 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2010
mama-gee:

Yawn. You av said that before.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by badman(m): 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2010
ahhh! those days, well didnt consider it stealing sha, its our family pot and as a member of the family i 'pick' meat

Even when mumsy is cooking, as she faces one side to blend the pepper, boy has 'picked' one fried meat and thrown in the mouth,
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by jokingmary(m): 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2010
mama-gee:

Sure it isn't  shocked

badman:

ahhh! those days, well didnt consider it stealing sha, its our family pot and as a member of the family i 'pick' meat

Even when mumsy is cooking, as she faces one side to blend the pepper, boy has 'picked' one fried meat and thrown in the mouth, 

You are a professional  grin
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by eyoniggar(m): 8:40pm On Jul 16, 2010
Ai moye igba, Aunty's house, mums house, my pops house, im an expert, grin grin
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by badman(m): 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2010
jokingmary:

You are a professional  grin

Lol i was just growing up, bdw u cant be a saint nau
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by mikeoscar: 8:53pm On Jul 16, 2010
My own mum discovered that anytime she cooked efo with those stock fish and assorted gbogbo ero on top, they tend to disappear few minutes after cooking. One day she just left live voice mail that she knows how the top part of her efo looks. I got the message!

You bet, unless bulala or rubbing of ears no dey your una household recipe grin grin.

I stole meat from our kitchen stew once and the smell lingered until my mum called us in one after the other. The little strand of goat meat in between my teeth plus the  pungent smell of finger-licking stew had barely left me, so I gave up cheesy

But mum didn't leave no voice messages, She gave you a little sermon to help you digest the meat you'd swallowed in a hurry, then she adjusts her wrapper  with one hand already firmly gripping your wrist before giving you her trade-mark ear-rubbing exercise. Dad did the bulala thing if He was in a good mood otherwise His silence had a weird  writing on the wall for days because you never know what you might do next and you will be reminded of some past sin, My sibling and I remind them every now and then when we visit and they don't stop laughing about those times cheesy : grin.

Praise be to God that those discipline has helped to shape us. My kids (and most kids this days) don't understand all of this mummy's pot or not they just asked you authoritatively and if you say no, they start acting-up, mscheeewww
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by oweniwe(m): 9:42pm On Jul 16, 2010
$sings$ "Bolanle Bolanle Bolanle, Mmmeee! Bolanle ate the porridge, Mmmeee! She take am rub my mouth, Mmmeee! And say na me eat am, Mmmeee!" Anybody wey say e never thief from pot when e small na lair. Me, i de do am like once a week on the midnight a fresh soup had just been cooked
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Newest: 9:47pm On Jul 16, 2010
Sure thing[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by MissyB1(m): 10:53pm On Jul 16, 2010
mike oscar:

You bet, unless bulala or rubbing of ears no dey your una household recipe grin grin.

I stole meat from our kitchen stew once and the smell lingered until my mum called us in one after the other. The little strand of goat meat in between my teeth plus the pungent smell of finger-licking stew had barely left me, so I gave up cheesy

But mum didn't leave no voice messages, She gave you a little sermon to help you digest the meat you'd swallowed in a hurry, then she adjusts her wrapper with one hand already firmly gripping your wrist before giving you her trade-mark ear-rubbing exercise. Dad did the bulala thing if He was in a good mood otherwise His silence had a weird writing on the wall for days because you never know what you might do next and you will be reminded of some past sin,
My sibling and I remind them every now and then when we visit and they don't stop laughing about those times cheesy : grin.

Praise be to God that those discipline has helped to shape us. My kids (and most kids this days) don't understand all of this mummy's pot or not they just asked you authoritatively and if you say no, they start acting-up, mscheeewww
I'm so dead!!!
Thank You . . . I needed this laughter. grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 16, 2010
For God sake who hasn't out there, am sure every single person. The worse was when we were in the university in those days and guys will run away with the stove, the food and the pot. You just feel like you want to kill somebody,

RFLMAO grin grin
Mehn, It was a rampant incident at my college too.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 16, 2010

RFLMAO grin grin una go kill person with laughter. grin
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by mamagee3(f): 11:43pm On Jul 16, 2010
blank:

Yawn. You av said that before.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by KennyG6(m): 11:46pm On Jul 16, 2010
oh yeah, it was actually a fish from the stew pot when i was like 9yrs old, embarassed embarassed
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Princek12(m): 12:32am On Jul 17, 2010
For those of you who know what I'm talking about, if you want to steal meat like chicken from the chicken pot, abeg don't take the thigh (itan) or the wings of the chicken oh, because dem go catch you  ooooooooooo!!! My grandma used to count the meat in the pot because our house girl also used to steal meat from the pot. Chei!!! Those days.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by oyinda3(f): 12:37am On Jul 17, 2010
see awon ole.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Princek12(m): 12:52am On Jul 17, 2010
oyinda.:

see awon ole.

wetin man go do?
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by 006(m): 3:00am On Jul 17, 2010
Abeg, everybody did it else you no grow up well. What's the fun of childhood then?

These days, whenever my sister complains to me what her son does, I'd remind her that I did worse than that and am not a bad boy.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by IbrahimB: 5:49am On Jul 17, 2010
oweniwe:

$sings$ "Bolanle Bolanle Bolanle, Mmmeee! Bolanle ate the porridge, Mmmeee! She take am rub my mouth, Mmmeee! And say na me eat am, Mmmeee!" Anybody wey say e never thief from pot when e small na lair. Me, i de do am like once a week on the midnight a fresh soup had just been cooked

Most people have, but maybe not this frequently!
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 17, 2010
I can't help it each time I visit my mum.

And I nor dey hide do am. . .I sometimes eat it for breakfast or supper.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Three Crowns Milk Rewards Mums In ‘Cook For Mum’ Mother’s Day Campaign / Download Your Maggi Cook Book Here ♨ / Yought, What Is Real Taste?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.