Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN (43232 Views)

"Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics / Video Of JAMB Officer Saying Snake Swallowed N36 Million Released / JAMB Reacts To 'snake Swallowing N36 Million' Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by seoscrib: 8:06am On Feb 14, 2018
Jamb want to tell us that they are educated mtchew - http://www.pyradic.com
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by Suko110(m): 8:06am On Feb 14, 2018
I just knew we haven't heard d last of the money swallowing snake. Naija and stories wen we thief money finish, I salute. Meanwhile I just left Access bank where I went to drop cola so that I nor go hear say snake withdraw my money

1 Like

Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by WorldRichest: 8:07am On Feb 14, 2018
AlexReports:

The clerk, identified as Philomena Chiesche, denied the allegations, saying the exam board invented the story about the snake.
http://www.alexreports.info/2018/02/frame-up-nigerian-clerk-i-didnt-say.html?m=0

Philomena Chiesche, another Biafran thief again?? Why always you?? If you are not pushing banned drugs you will be kidnapping, if you are not robbing you will be killing in the church. Are you cursed with crime

2 Likes

Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by Strongbest(m): 8:07am On Feb 14, 2018
Hian!
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by buffalowings: 8:08am On Feb 14, 2018
usba:
[s][/s]

The said theft happened under GEJ, it was discovered as a auditing excercise ordered by the PMB administration. Atleast comprehend and understand the story first before making senseless remarks.

Not even under gej
It happened in 2006

Try to have the correct info
Don't let hate blindside you

4 Likes

Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by davidodiba(m): 8:08am On Feb 14, 2018
These are all distractions FROM THE main issues: the cluelessness of Buhari as a president.

We will laugh at this joke but we won't forget to vote him out by 2019

2 Likes

Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by hope567: 8:10am On Feb 14, 2018
ehnnnn..... this woman can change her mouth for Africa oooooo... she admitted that a snake swallowed the money but now she is denying the allegations.. chai!! what a shithole call Nigeria
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by amazon14: 8:10am On Feb 14, 2018
I know say dem go denial this story very soon.
But wait the woman is just ordinary clerk, how about the accoutants?
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by ghostfacekillar(m): 8:11am On Feb 14, 2018
i weep for naija so nah how 30 take go be dis
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by Ophilabraham: 8:11am On Feb 14, 2018
See the lady's name sef phelomena. She's a phenomenal when it comes to stealing JAMB money according to earlier report that similar case of such occured last year blaming her house maid.
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by Pecca: 8:15am On Feb 14, 2018
walemetro:
"Nobody questioned me about that case. I am just a clerk and I serve under directors who are accounting officers. I wonder why they are personalizing the case?"

This is the craziest part of the whole thing. I wondered why a clerk would have access to all the funds. Truly not possible without accountants and directors......so why are they focusing on just the messenger when the ogas at the top are the real culprits?
There'll always be a Fall-guy who takes the rap while the real culprits walk.
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by debossng: 8:15am On Feb 14, 2018
She has said it all, "I work under Directors who are the Accounting Officers..." Pls read in between the lines. Oya EFCC pls do the needful
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by Silvano34: 8:17am On Feb 14, 2018
giga02:
She is just a clerk for God sake. you can't accuse or expect her to account for funds when directors and accountants are working with her.

Well said, unless she went out of her formal duty to convert the money, or she had the knowledge of the crime by further conniving in the dirty deal with others (aiding the prosecution of the offence) ; anything other than these circumstances, she won't be guilty.
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by excel101(m): 8:20am On Feb 14, 2018
wayne4loan:
R
This was exactly what the ogas @ the top made her to tell Nigerians after greasing her palm. They're all culpable.
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by Bullhari007(m): 8:21am On Feb 14, 2018
operation kill all Python swallowing our money... lala and company will soon go into extinct tongue grin cheesy
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by Oolawepo(m): 8:22am On Feb 14, 2018
AlexReports:
Lagos, Nigeria — Controversy is trailing the disappearance of $100,000 from the coffers of Nigeria's examination board. The exam board alleges that a clerk in Benue State has blamed a snake for swallowing the missing money. The money was supposed to be remitted to the agency.

Fabian Benjamin, spokesman of the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board, told CNN that a staffer confessed to auditors a snake had "swallowed" the missing money. "She confessed that she had the money, kept it in a vault in the office but a snake came and swallowed the money," Benjamin told CNN.
"The staff and others in her category that are found culpable have been suspended and will be handed over to appropriate authorities," he added.

The clerk, identified as Philomena Chiesche, denied the allegations, saying the exam board invented the story about the snake. She also accused the exam board of turning her in to authorities, who she claims still haven't questioned her about the missing funds.

"I did not say any money was swallowed by a snake. Nobody questioned me about that case. I am just a clerk and I serve under directors who are accounting officers. I wonder why they are personalizing the case?" the clerk told CNN.

Social media erupted at the nature of the allegations. A Twitter account has been made for the snake. Nigeria's Economic and Financial Crimes Commission tweeted that the agency's national symbol, the eagle, shows no mercy for "money-swallowing snakes."

http://www.alexreports.info/2018/02/frame-up-nigerian-clerk-i-didnt-say.html?m=0
Seriously when something like this happens in civil service the junior officer are meant to suffer it. they should ask the accounting officer?. They are the ogas at the top.
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by Anyi2015: 8:23am On Feb 14, 2018
story of the gods, fake country
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 14, 2018
giga02:
She is just a clerk for God sake. you can't accuse or expect her to account for funds when directors and accountants are working with her.

The directors are trying to make her an escape goat.
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by FarahAideed: 8:31am On Feb 14, 2018
usba:
[s][/s]

The said theft happened under GEJ, it was discovered as a auditing excercise ordered by the PMB administration. Atleast comprehend and understand the story first before making senseless remarks.

What about the missing 44 million dollars recently stolen by Buharis 300 year old dinosaurs ...Abeg receive sense nobody is voting Buhari again

1 Like

Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by usba: 8:31am On Feb 14, 2018
[s]
buffalowings:

Not even under gej
It happened in 2006

Try to have the correct info
Don't let hate blindside you
[/s]

Look at what is talking, the audit covered a period from 2006 - 2015, your hero of thieves is always a sad story of stealing.
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by Vivuch: 8:38am On Feb 14, 2018
My Igbo brother's are not left out.

1 Like

Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 14, 2018
GetUmad:

No difference between GEJ's govt and that of BUHARI as far as stealing/corruption is concerned.

The only palpable difference is GEJ has "tushed" thieves and corruption was "international" . Buhari, a local champion with local thieves who aren't "tushed" enough to give better justifications for their stealing. If not grass cutting it'd be snake.

If corruption under the two governments were to be "DESIGNERS"

GEJ- GUCCI
BUBU- CUGGI (don't ask me what brand name is that ask my bros for Aba)

Or car brands
GEJ - BMW
BUBU - TATA

Pls don't compare GEJ to Buhari.

Focus on Buhari.

1 Like

Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by kachi19: 8:44am On Feb 14, 2018
Gkay1:
we be just 7 people wey go go heaven in Nigeria, d rest of una na hell fire

Even the seven of you will go through 3 series of questioning and examinations by that time, they'll discover four of you have either bribed an angel or hacked heaven system
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:45am On Feb 14, 2018
CaptainJeffry:
Nigeria is a joke. angry

I agree.

Shakespeare comes to mind : a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury signifying nothing

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by erico2k2(m): 8:59am On Feb 14, 2018
adem30:

Bros, the said money was the money JAMB generated in the past, not in this present government
Bross.your statement nor make sense even if it was 39 yrs ago same people are still working at said office so what's ur point ? ?.
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by erico2k2(m): 9:00am On Feb 14, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Pls don't compare GEJ to Buhari.

Focus on Buhari.
Tell am.again coz dis zone Bs nor dey hear word.
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by erico2k2(m): 9:01am On Feb 14, 2018
soulpeppersoup:

The directors are trying to make her an escape goat.
Bross Bross ahahah
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by Firmjudge(m): 9:02am On Feb 14, 2018
ITbomb:

You are a good student of history

Someone might just find the money and silently stow it away for future embezzlement as they did to NIA $44m

Its sad how things have turned into a joke in this country.
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by depeminishi(m): 9:04am On Feb 14, 2018
Snake in the clerk's shadow..

. N36 million naira gang

� �
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by kullozone(m): 9:05am On Feb 14, 2018
[quote author=free2ryhme post=65049232][/quote]

Must you always quote the whole news? You no even type anything for this one sef... I don't know if your brain is paining you.
Re: 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN by maasoap(m): 9:19am On Feb 14, 2018
GetUmad:

No difference between GEJ's govt and that of BUHARI as far as stealing/corruption is concerned.

The only palpable difference is GEJ has "tushed" thieves and corruption was "international" . Buhari, a local champion with local thieves who aren't "tushed" enough to give better justifications for their stealing. If not grass cutting it'd be snake.

If corruption under the two governments were to be "DESIGNERS"

GEJ- GUCCI
BUBU- CUGGI (don't ask me what brand name is that ask my bros for Aba)

Or car brands
GEJ - BMW
BUBU - TATA
Try again. That money was looted long time ago under your HERO when JAMB was still selling scratch cards. Buhari's government is doing what he knows how to do: getting looted money back.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mother Beats Up Teachers In Ibadan School For Disciplining Her Daughter (VIDEO) / Things An Average Person Should Know Offhand... / UNIBEN Students Generate “Supplementary” Income In The Hostel [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.