Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,112 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? (1645 Views)

Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? / Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! / Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by Ericsunday619: 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2018
Atheists and theists in Nigeria do you think an atheist or agnostic president is the way forward for Nigeria? No insults between Christians and atheists allowed. Please grin
Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by Aladin245: 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMoq-mdqebw&t=1s

i just love listening to this man of God
Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by johnydon22(m): 4:13pm On Feb 14, 2018
Nothing special. If he is a good man and knows how to govern a nation, Nigeria will prosper, if he is not then we will still be in the same mess. This also goes for a religious president

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by Ericsunday619: 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2018
johnydon22:
Nothing special. If he is a good man and knows how to govern a nation, Nigeria will prosper, if he is not then we will still be in the same mess. This also goes for a religious president
but religious leaders has bleeped Nigeria up
Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by ShadowFighter: 5:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
johnydon22:

I think I'll go with this.

5 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by obinna58(m): 5:45pm On Feb 14, 2018
If a true atheist becomes the president, there will be a huge transformation starting from religious sector, people will hate him but definitely not his presidency,
Who wouldn't prefer someone who fuvking care less about tribe and religion, people need someone who is going to stand straight in any situation.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by budaatum: 8:44pm On Feb 14, 2018
Ericsunday619:
Atheists and theists in Nigeria do you think an atheist or agnostic president is the way forward for Nigeria? No insults between Christians and atheists allowed. Please grin
No, an atheist president is not the way forward for Nigeria, that is, if the assumption is that she should wage war against the current religions and impose atheism instead.

No Nigerian president should be allowed to impose their religion on others. If the atheist gets away with imposing atheism, a Spaghetti Monsterist might take over at the following election and use the precedent set to impose Spaghettism on us. I am sure no one would like their children to have to say the Pastarferian Prayer at school assembly every morning.

Our pasta, who art in a colander, draining be your noodles. Thy noodle come, Thy sauce be yum, on top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day, our garlic bread, …and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trample on our lawns. And lead us not into vegetarianism, but deliver us some pizza, for thine is the meatball, the noodle, and the sauce, forever and ever. R’amen.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by CoolUsername: 9:35pm On Feb 14, 2018
Country will still be shi.t
Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by sonofluc1fer: 9:55pm On Feb 14, 2018
Country is shit Bro. Luggard, that fucker, created this shit for his Queen not for its cutizens. We just dey go school dey learn say we be Nigerians, for house na different matter. Nigeria means one thing to you, and something else to another.

A great Nigeria is an illusion. Nigeria is a spell that has crippled the many nations it blankets. The country's many problems stem from its foundations, we have no conception of nationhood. it's sad, really.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by N0T0RI0US: 12:09am On Feb 15, 2018
Truly, we need a govt. full of atheists, or at least, freethinkers.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by budaatum: 12:38am On Feb 15, 2018
N0T0RI0US:
Truly, we need a govt. full of atheists, or at least, freethinkers.
No, you are wrong. What we need is people who are willing to acquire knowledge instead of beliefs.

The entire premise of a president coming to turn Nigeria around just goes to show how endemic the notion of a messiah is amongst us. That insidious irresponsible mode of thinking someone will come and save our nation so dictates how we think such that the argument has become "who will be the messiah?".

What Nigeria needs is a move away from the idea that some messianic godlike thing would just say "Let Nigeria be better", and it will be better. We need to stop expecting miracles and understand that we are the messiahs. We are the ones who will change Nigeria. We are the president. And anyone who believes it can't be better than it currently is has not found how to make a positive change, or is contributing towards making it hell.

Do note that in my opinion, the fact that you are willing to engage with others (as you do on here), means a change is at hand. For there is no doubt that everything that is is created by words, and did you not read, and perhaps write a few recently!

P.s. I don't mean you personally.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by eliok(m): 2:02am On Feb 15, 2018
See how many are praying for this country www.wordofprayer.tk
Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by danvon(m): 7:38am On Feb 15, 2018
Atheists are already leading Nigeria

Politician doe could say he believes Jesus is his savior and Idiots would vote for him

Words are one thing action is another

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by sonofluc1fer: 7:46am On Feb 15, 2018
danvon:

Politician doe could say he believes Jesus is his savior and Idiots would vote for him

Na wa. You people never cease to amaze me.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by danvon(m): 7:51am On Feb 15, 2018
sonofluc1fer:

Na wa. You people never cease to amaze me.
same here bro there's this new thing called 'lying', in a country with Christians and Muslims it's insane for a politician to claim to be an atheist and expect to win ..insane
Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by N0T0RI0US: 8:09am On Feb 15, 2018
budaatum:

No, you are wrong. What we need is people who are willing to acquire knowledge instead of beliefs.

The entire premise of a president coming to turn Nigeria around just goes to show how endemic the notion of a messiah is amongst us. That insidious irresponsible mode of thinking someone will come and save our nation so dictates how we think such that the argument has become "who will be the messiah?".

What Nigeria needs is a move away from the idea that some messianic godlike thing would just say "Let Nigeria be better", and it will be better. We need to stop expecting miracles and understand that we are the messiahs. We are the ones who will change Nigeria. We are the president. And anyone who believes it can't be better than it currently is has not found how to make a positive change, or is contributing towards making it hell.

Do note that in my opinion, the fact that you are willing to engage with others (as you do on here), means a change is at hand. For there is no doubt that everything that is is created by words, and did you not read, and perhaps write a few recently!

P.s. I don't mean you personally.
Ain't even talking about an atheists president, man. I'm talking about building a truely secular Government, and thats all.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by vaxx: 8:25am On Feb 15, 2018
budaatum:

No, an atheist president is not the way forward for Nigeria, that is, if the assumption is that she should wage war against the current religions and impose atheism instead.

No Nigerian president should be allowed to impose their religion on others. If the atheist gets away with imposing atheism, a Spaghetti Monsterist might take over at the following election and use the precedent set to impose Spaghettism on us. I am sure no one would like their children to have to say the Pastarferian Prayer at school assembly every morning.

Our pasta, who art in a colander, draining be your noodles. Thy noodle come, Thy sauce be yum, on top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day, our garlic bread, …and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trample on our lawns. And lead us not into vegetarianism, but deliver us some pizza, for thine is the meatball, the noodle, and the sauce, forever and ever. R’amen.

In the name of the pasta, and the sauce and of the meatballs, may you never be starve of garlic bread.... R amen

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by simplex2: 8:58am On Feb 15, 2018
budaatum:

vaxx:
In the name of the pasta, and the sauce and of the meatballs, may you never be starve of garlic bread.... R amen

Cultists!!

angry

grin

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by budaatum: 7:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
danvon:

Nigerian politicians are mostly not atheists!

In fact, do you know what atheism is at all? Your post above makes me wonder! angry
Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by OtemAtum: 9:44pm On Feb 15, 2018
Nothing will happen. What Nigeria needs is a change of mentality. Everybody must have a new mentality tat is corruption-free, then whoever finds himself in power should work for the interest of the masses.
Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by Ericsunday619: 11:46pm On Feb 15, 2018
OtemAtum:
Nothing will happen. What Nigeria needs is a change of mentality. Everybody must have a new mentality tat is corruption-free, then whoever finds himself in power should work for the interest of the masses.
so what is buhari doing undecided
Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by LIFEisSIMPLE: 1:18am On Feb 16, 2018
Personally i would not hesitate in voting a yoruba atheist over a yoruba muslim
Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by danvon(m): 6:03am On Feb 16, 2018
budaatum:

Nigerian politicians are mostly not atheists!

In fact, do you know what atheism is at all? Your post above makes me wonder! angry
Your signature says it all "Religion is regarded by the common folk as true, by the educated as false, and by the rulers as useful."
Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by Ericsunday619: 7:32am On Feb 16, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Personally i would not hesitate in voting a yoruba atheist over a yoruba muslim
grin
Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by orisa37: 8:28am On Feb 16, 2018
Ericsunday619:
Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by orisa37: 8:35am On Feb 16, 2018
Atheists are superstitous, mad and myopic. Nigeria will be worse for an Atheist President
Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by sonofluc1fer: 10:27am On Feb 16, 2018
orisa37:
Atheists are superstitous, mad and myopic. Nigeria will be worse for an Atheist President
Men are superstituous, mad and myopic.
Women are supersituous, mad and myopic.
Igbos are superstituous, mad and myopic.
Vegetarians are superstituous, and myopic.

Christians aren't superstituous, mad or myopic.
Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by Ericsunday619: 11:32am On Feb 16, 2018
sonofluc1fer:

what about muslims undecided
Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by orisa37: 12:48pm On Feb 16, 2018
sonofluc1fer:

That's to say I'm a Religious, Tribal Social, Feminist superstitious, mad and myopic bigot. No I'm not.
Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by sonofluc1fer: 12:48pm On Feb 16, 2018
orisa37:

That's to say I'm a Religious, Tribal Social, Feminist superstitious, mad and myopic bigot. No I'm not.
What are you?
Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by orisa37: 12:57pm On Feb 16, 2018
sonofluc1fer:
What are you?
Anti-Atheist.
Re: What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? by sonofluc1fer: 1:18pm On Feb 16, 2018
orisa37:

Anti-Atheist.
That's a proper role. Good luck.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Yells Out Jesus !, While Jet Plumets To Earth And Crashes. Everyone Is Saved / King Bhungane III Says Bantus Are The Poeple Written Of In The Scriptures / GB To Jws ~ Avoid Unnecessary Arguments With Apostates.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.