Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,428 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

I Will Not Resign, I Am Being Victimised – Jacob Zuma - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Will Not Resign, I Am Being Victimised – Jacob Zuma (547 Views)

Former South Africa leader Jacob Zuma barred from running in elections / Jacob Zuma's Five Biggest Career Scandals / Jacob Zuma Resigns As South African President! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Not Resign, I Am Being Victimised – Jacob Zuma by olamariamjonez(m): 6:26pm On Feb 14, 2018
Jacob Zuma has refused to heed calls to step down as South African president, denouncing moves by the ruling African Nation Congress (ANC) party to remove him following a string of damaging corruption scandals.

The ANC formally asked him to resign on Tuesday.“I am being victimised here. I think there has been a misinterpretation,” Zuma said in an attempt to present his side of the story.

Zuma however indicated he would accept the outcome of a parliamentary vote of no confidence against him, which has been scheduled for Thursday. During more than a week of negotiations with the ANC’s key decision-making body, Zuma said that “nobody provided the reasons, nobody has been able to provide me with what I have done.”

Zuma denied any wrongdoing over the corruption allegations of recent years. “There is no problem. There has never been a problem,” he said in the televised remarks.

The ANC “will regret the crisis they have caused,” he said, adding he wsa planning to make a formal statement on the calls for his resignation later on Wednesday.

During the negotiations with the ANC leadership, Zuma said he had in principle agreed to step down but presented “a package” of demands that included him staying in power for several more months. The ANC didn’t accept those conditions, said Zuma. “I am open to further discussion, but they are rushing [into a vote of no confidence],” he said, adding that he was unjustly “portrayed as this person who is defying the leadership.”

Read more: https://bah.com.ng/2018/02/14/will-not-resign-victimised-jacob-zuma/

Re: I Will Not Resign, I Am Being Victimised – Jacob Zuma by JON01: 6:29pm On Feb 14, 2018
Africa NaWa grin
Re: I Will Not Resign, I Am Being Victimised – Jacob Zuma by MPSA(m): 6:37pm On Feb 14, 2018
JON01:
Africa NaWa grin

grin grin
Re: I Will Not Resign, I Am Being Victimised – Jacob Zuma by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 14, 2018
JON01:
Africa NaWa grin
Re: I Will Not Resign, I Am Being Victimised – Jacob Zuma by ItzPrinceIB(m): 6:46pm On Feb 14, 2018
Re: I Will Not Resign, I Am Being Victimised – Jacob Zuma by femolacqua(m): 7:13pm On Feb 14, 2018
African leaders and power be like..........
Re: I Will Not Resign, I Am Being Victimised – Jacob Zuma by meolaniyi(m): 7:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
Blackman na blackman
Re: I Will Not Resign, I Am Being Victimised – Jacob Zuma by olamariamjonez(m): 6:35pm On Feb 15, 2018
Black mentality.

(1) (Reply)

North Korea To Destroy Nuclear Site Ahead Of US Summit: KCNA / Trump Restricts Delivery Of F-35s To Turkey, Deepening Rift With NATO Ally / Russian Il-20 Downed By Syrian S-200 Defense System Amid Israel’s F-16 Air Strik

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.