Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) (34354 Views)

Nigerian Man Detained By Italian Police For Beating Wife Throws Baby From Storey / People Shot Dead By Customs Officers In Ogun State (Graphic Photos) / Little Girl Enslaved And Assaulted Gets Rescued As Madam Is Arrested. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by KNEO777: 8:13pm On Feb 14, 2018
A Chinese man identified as Finn has accused the Nigerian Customs officers of illegally detaining and assaulting him.

According to him, the incident took place on February 9th at Mobolaji Bank Anthony, Ikeja.

He said;

On my way to pick up a business partner on Friday 9th of February, at the Customs office area along Mobolaji Bank Anthony, Ikeja; Three customs officers approached our vehicle, which had myself (Chinese), driver (Nigerian) and another passenger (Nigerian) inside. They shouted at the driver to park, while the driver was trying to find a safe space on the road to park, one of the officers charged towards the car angrily, threw a bottle water (which was partially opened) at the driver through the window and the water splashed on everyone in the car.

While the driver was trying to explain himself, the officer lunged forward in an attempt to slap him, yelling at him for not stopping immediately, without even giving him a chance to explain himself. At this point, the driver was defenseless so I decided to step in and address the officers, asking them “what is the crime?” as I didn’t understand what was going on.

In my attempt to defend the driver, the officers got infuriated then shifted the aggression towards me, while justifying their actions and trying to impose their power, ordered us out of the vehicle. We stepped out of the car, at that point the aggression had turned to threat as they threatened to deal with me for speaking up for the driver who is a fellow Nigerian like them.

As the argument got heated up, the officers pounced on me, subdued me and placed handcuffs in my hands, dragging me into their office. At the office, one of the officers approached me gave me several slaps on my face (in the process my eye glasses broke), asking why I was shouting, whether I think I am in my country. They pushed me into their office and threatened to lock me up if I don’t keep quiet. I refused to keep quiet and asked to contact my lawyer since they want to detain me in their custody, but they rebuffed my request.

While I was in their custody, they refused to let my driver and the other passenger into their office. The officers who initially dragged me in later disappeared after a long while of humiliation and detention, another officer who was also in the office pleaded that I be released so as to kill the matter once and for all. I refused and continued to request to speak to my lawyer. I was later un-cuffed and asked to leave.

I finally decided to leave the office after been physically assaulted, verbally abused and illegally detained for no reason and not being able to trace the officers that inflicted all these pains on me got me even more devastated (though I can remember their faces clearly). Additionally, I missed my business meeting for the next day, my glasses were destroyed, got a red-swollen eyes and had to do eye check-up.

[url][/url]https://www.mojidelano.com/2018/02/chinese-man-allegedly-detained-and-assaulted-by-custom-officers-in-lagos/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
angry

☣ ☠

A Chinese man identified as Finn.

Dunno know if you understand? smiley

☣ ☠

11 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by beejayphako(m): 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
This guy for top na usain bolt o, choi.
Anyways as for chinko, pele, go rub aboniki ontop am

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by myettiallah: 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
At the office, one of the officers approached me gave me several slaps on my face (in the process my eye glasses broke), asking why I was shouting, whether I think I am in my country

Correct officers grin grin grin grin

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by agbonkamen(f): 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
Customs!!!!!!!!!!!!!customers
Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by mcemmy0z: 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
Welcome to Nigeria.

27 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by Turks: 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
Hen ehn? angry So we should fry beans for you abi? You guys treat Nigerians a lot worse in your country. Have a taste of your bitter pill.

Eye wey don almost close finish, them kukuma help am close am..

And oh, welcome to NIGERIA. grin

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by AishaBuhari: 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
Initial gragra angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by ossaisly(m): 8:57pm On Feb 14, 2018
grin grin
Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by hola106(m): 8:57pm On Feb 14, 2018
chinko
Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by Pelaiye2703(m): 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
I weep for my country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by rhotimee(m): 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
cry
Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by slightlyMad(f): 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
Nice
Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by Habibsocial080: 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
That's Nigeria for you Mr chinko man

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by Krafty006: 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by ariyebaba(m): 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
ummhhh
Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by IMASTEX: 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
The Chinko been dey claim white. Na him dey format him eye.

21 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by Ayodejioak(m): 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
mcemmy0z:
shocked shocked
rhotimee:
cry
OrestesDante:
angry
ossaisly:
grin grin
OrestesDante:
angry

You guys don't have jobs?? Not even addressing the issue at hand!

13 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by paragon40(m): 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
new meme

1 Like

Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
undecided
Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by yesloaded: 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
Hmmm.

In other news, empower yourself with our comprehensive importation training. Take advantage of this valentine special promo. Calm or whatsapp 0 8 1 3 7 7 5 0 7 4 1
Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by Greene66: 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
Lol

1 Like

Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by BlackAdam55(m): 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
he should keep quite sad the Chinese do worst to there Nigerian staffs here

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by ClumsyFlimsy: 9:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
shit hole country
Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by femo122: 9:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
Good beat him well grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by CodeBlooded: 9:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by chii8(f): 9:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
Yeah, the name shithole isn't for nothing

1 Like

Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by FRESHG(m): 9:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
BULLHARY IS A MADMAN

1 Like

Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by obicentlis: 9:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
I condemn any form of harassment from law enforcement agencies but I don't know why I am kinda happy about this incident.
I may be wrong for being happy, but the fact remains that at least, chinko should feel what our peeps are feeling in their own country and also to cut our own pound of flesh for enslaving Our people in our own land.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by caseclosed147(m): 9:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
U GET LUCK. WE FIT EAT YOU FOR NIGERA.

18 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Detained And Assaulted By Customs Officers In Lagos (Photo) by BruncleZuma: 9:05pm On Feb 14, 2018
Chinese man write this plenty grammar and him face still fresh like that?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Robbers Meet Waterloo In Rivers State As Troops Raid Another Den In Bayelsa / Nsukka Residents Stone Policeman To Death For Killing Okadaman (pic) / How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.